Funny moments from hospital stay...add yours! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Funny moments from hospital stay...add yours! Funny moments from hospital stay...add yours!

Unread 04-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Re: Funny moments from hospital stay...add yours!

My co-workers had sent a nice bouquet to my room but I had been so sick I did not read the card right away. The card turned out to be a really detailed and very funny eulogy for my uterus and ovaries. My doc and the nurses all got a kick out of it. Twisted co-workers ... I love them!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2013, 07:13 PM

JAguirre, that is AWESOME!! Love it! LOL
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:41 PM

I got so tired of the saaaame questions over and over and over by 3..4..5..6 (lost count) different nurses, before my surgery. Some of the things they ask.
Do you have a 2 story home? Who do you live with? Is there physical abuse in your home? Do you take drugs? Are you here against your will? What the ****?!?!?
Im such a kidder anyways, always making jokes of situations to "break the ice"...by the time the surgeon came to intoduce herself i was thinking..im going to turn the tables. Surgeon: "blah..blah..blahh..do you have any questions?"
Me: "YES! Have you taken any meds that may make you drowsy before you perform MY surgery? Do you work well under pressure? And How long have you been doing this?"
As she laughed her but off she DID answer my, very legitimate questions with a smile :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2013, 10:33 PM

When I woke up in the recovery room, I started freaking out because this huge spider was crawling down the curtain behind my husband's head. I tried to tell him, but he just smiled and said, "You're hallucinating, sweetie".
Unread 04-23-2013, 02:39 AM

My hysterectomy was after childbirth, so I was in the maternity ward at the hospital. I had a raging fever and really unwell. Keeping spirits up my (male) midwife made a deal that he'd look after me well if I didn't throw up on him.. As soon as he left the room I (literally) threw up all over his co worker! I got him into trouble as he walked in and I said "I promised you I wouldn't didn't I??"
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:58 AM

I wanted toast! My doctor came in and said I could eat some toast if I was hungry. I latched on to this idea like a drowning woman would a life preserver. I had to have toast! To eat my toast(with mixed fruit jelly), I had to try to eat around the nasal cannula/mouth cover(for the morphine pump) or take it off, take a bite, remember to put it back on, breathe for a minute, remove it, take a bite, put it back on. Now, this machine is giving me morphine, and all I really know is that I want toast, so of course I kept forgetting to put it back on and then the alarm would sound. Then I would frantically try to find it and breathe into it so it would stop alarming. All the while wondering why the heavens were trying to keep me from my toast.
And I wanted toast 3 times that night and the poor nurses had to go to another ward to get the mixed fruit jelly that I insisted I HAD TO HAVE.
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Funny moments from hospital stay...add yours!

I left the TV on throughout the night during my stay. The nurse came in the wee hours to take my temperature. Apparently, I dozed back off and woke up with the thermometer still in my mouth and the nurse fixated on whatever was on tv! We both laughed aloud!
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:07 PM

One of the nurses said that many women curse at her and the staff when they are in pain in the recovery room. She said I was unusually polite and that got on her nerves. Of course I don't remember a thing but strikes me as funny she was annoyed.
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:20 AM

The nurses and dietician gave me nicknames...
*Candy fairy because I was always giving out butterscotch candy
*Tea lady....although I drank juice, I preferred my peppermint tea to help with my gas and the urge to pee
*Trekker...I was always going for my walk around the corridors very often, the nurses would make sure everyone moved out my way when I was coming thru

On one of my walk, which I always had my cell phone with me, the nurse said if I got lost make sure to call 911 so they can put an apb out on me inside the hospital!

Another nurse wanted to know what type of music I was listening to during my morning stroll and was shocked that it was Mozart, Chopin, and Beethoven!
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:52 AM

I passed out in the chair the first time getting up, my hysterical husband is calling the nurse when she gets in she stands over me and says hmm what should we do call the doctor?

Thank goodness my RN daughter came running in and took charge. My son found a wheelchair, she took out my Iv an they rolled me out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register