Funny moments from hospital stay...add yours! - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Funny moments from hospital stay...add yours! Funny moments from hospital stay...add yours!

Unread 01-29-2014, 11:06 AM
Funny moments from hospital stay...add yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alle321 View Post
I had packed some cute gowns, robes and slippers for the hospital but after the surgery I could care less. I remember the nurse helping me walk around the floor. She had to stop and get me another gown to drape over my shoulders because my backside was entirely exposed, hospital granny panties and all. The funny thing was I didn't freaking care at all. I was too much concerned with how long it was going to take me to walk in a circle and then try to catapult myself back on to the hospital bed.
Haha...getting into bed. That was an experience!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2014, 01:18 AM
Re: Funny moments from hospital stay...add yours!

At one point, my nurse asked me if I was an organ donor. I said, "Well, I think I just donated a bunch of 'em."
Unread 02-16-2014, 03:20 AM

A few days after surgery, while still in the hospital, I was having issues urinating - painful, and would start and stop. I mentioned it to every doc that stopped by to no avail. On discharge day, a very young resident came by and I mentioned it again, describing it as "like when a man has an enlarged prostate - starting and stopping" to which the doc replied, completely seriously, "women don't have prostates. " My reply: I'm aware of that - they took my uterus, not my brain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Funny moments from hospital stay...add yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrister15 View Post
A few days after surgery, while still in the hospital, I was having issues urinating - painful, and would start and stop. I mentioned it to every doc that stopped by to no avail. On discharge day, a very young resident came by and I mentioned it again, describing it as "like when a man has an enlarged prostate - starting and stopping" to which the doc replied, completely seriously, "women don't have prostates. " My reply: I'm aware of that - they took my uterus, not my brain.
That's really funny!
Unread 02-16-2014, 04:23 PM

It took me the whole first night before I realized that I could push the button for my dilated (sp?) pump as much as I wanted to, but was only getting so much per hour... i would push, go to sleep, push it, go to sleep, push it... hear a beep, then go to sleep.. figured out the next day that the beep was acutally when I was getting it... lol
Unread 03-17-2014, 07:51 PM

I apparently proposed to the anesthesia guy, and I'm MARRIED.
Unread 03-17-2014, 07:55 PM

I work at same hospital and asked the anaesthetist post op if he would pick me up on his bicycle to bring me back to work early. He and all the nurses looked a little embarrassed. Reduced Dialodid
Unread 03-17-2014, 09:47 PM

I was talking to the surgeon and told her not to call be my by given name when waking me up in recovery as only my mom called me that. I said if they did, I would think I was in heaven as my mom had just past away! We got a chukle.out of that.

Also when I walked into the the operating room, I said "I'm here. Have you been waiting long?" Joking keeps me calm.
Unread 03-17-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alle321 View Post
I had packed some cute gowns, robes and slippers for the hospital but after the surgery I could care less. I remember the nurse helping me walk around the floor. She had to stop and get me another gown to drape over my shoulders because my backside was entirely exposed, hospital granny panties and all. The funny thing was I didn't freaking care at all. I was too much concerned with how long it was going to take me to walk in a circle and then try to catapult myself back on to the hospital bed.
I did the same thing, walking with the backside open and didn't even care! It was too hot to wear a robe snd I thought what the heck, 90% of the people on the floor were women anyway... I en forgot to put slippers on, walking around in bare feet.
Unread 03-17-2014, 11:53 PM

Definetely need a LIKE button...I'm in bed and my kids are asleep and I literally bust out laughing to a lot of these stories, had to hold it in!! I'm wondering what my post-op funny will be..Surgery is the 24th of March for me..So time will soon tell. ..But I did need these laughs!!!!! : )

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register