bladder discomfort 3 mo. post after LSH/bladder adhesion repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder discomfort 3 mo. post after LSH/bladder adhesion repair bladder discomfort 3 mo. post after LSH/bladder adhesion repair

Unread 02-25-2002, 12:20 PM
bladder discomfort 3 mo. post after LSH/bladder adhesion repair

Hello ladies,
I just wanted to know if anyone else here has had bladder pressure feelings like their bladder is never empty around 3 mo. post hysterectomy. I had the laproscopic supracervical hysterectomy where no internal sutures were used only cauterization. They only took the uterus, left ovaries. I did have a discovered adhesion of my bladder to my uterus which was fixed before the uterus was removed. I have this heaviness feeling all the time, like my bladder is really full but it isn't. Also, when the bladder is full, it aches and even for awhile after I do go. Have any of you had this??? I was wondering if the work done on the bladder has traumatized it? I did have a test on thurs. for an infection, haven't heard back yet. Don't think so thought because I have no burning when urinating. I was hoping to feel better at this point Any feedback would really help.
Thanks,
Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 02:58 PM

Paula,

I don't have much light to shed on this for you....but I do have pain when my bladder is full....and it does take forever for me to void

I was told it was due to the trauma that the bladder often goes through with a hyst., but it is best to check in with your Dr. on this one.

While we wait for a sister who has some personal experience to share with you...I thought I'd pop in here to give you a

Please let us know what your Dr says...
Unread 02-25-2002, 03:57 PM
bladder discomfort 3 mo. post

Thanks Judester for the hug!!!

A frustrated hystersister...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 06:48 PM

Paula,
I am experiencing pain (feels like bladder) but had several tests with no answers. I have had a second surgery a week ago for adhesions and the same pain I was having returned 3 days later. We now may be ruling out adhesions causing the pain. So now i am taking tylenol #3 for pain (which never goes away) I am so fruasted I can't stand it. I have an appt w/my gyn on Mon 3/4 and we will discuss where to go from here. If I learn anything at all I will let you know. I had a TAH on 11/19 and lap on 2/19 and still can't find out what is wrong. We just need to keep asking questions & keep praying. We need patience and persistence. Its tough I know. Hang in there. I pray we find answers soon. Linda
Unread 02-25-2002, 11:53 PM
Paula

Hugs.Bladders are very tempremental things and do not like being touched or operated on at all.
My experience is abit different but just goes to show how tempremental they can be.
In sep last year I had a lavh/rso with a bladder repair. My bladder and uterus were prolapsed and the bladder was growing into the vaginal wall. To cut a long story short, i ended up with a foley cath for the first two weeks and then a supra pubic cath in for another 5 weeks. My bladder did not go till the 6th week and i can tell you that was a very slow start with heaps of pain and that was also with the help of bladder relaxants.
I am now nearly six months post and in the morning still take a long time to void properly and usually have to double sit. I can not let my bl;adder get too full or else i have to take ages to void. My surgeon gave me some really great advice. Do NOT overfill the bladder as it will put stress on it. 6 to 8 glasses or cups a day in the beginning especially. many told me to drink heaps but it actually makes things worse.
My reason for not being able to void and have a cqth for so long was simply that the bladder was so traumatised and being such a mess before hand and working myself up made things worse. I have my fingers crossed for you hun and hope things work out. You also do not haveto have pain or burning to have an infection. I had an infection and the only sympton I had was wanting to go all the time. Please have a talk to your Dr concerning the pressure you are having. hugs and good luck Vicki
Unread 02-26-2002, 05:17 AM
bladder discomfort 3 mo. post

Thanks Vicki...wow, you have been through a lot!!! I'm hoping it's just an infection or simple healing still. I'll keep you posted, and I'm glad you are on your way to recovery!!!
Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register