Wish I had better news from my appointment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wish I had better news from my appointment Wish I had better news from my appointment

Unread 02-26-2002, 12:11 PM
Wish I had better news from my appointment

Hi--

Well, I went to my appointment today and I wish I had better news. My CA-125 is up again (to 79). I feel SO TERRIBLE -- I was so hoping that it would be back down again, and this just devastates me. I just cried and cried at the doctor's office. She wants me to take another month of the same chemotherapy and then have a CT scan to see what things look like. :cry: This wasn't what I wanted to hear -- things had been going so good and then this. I asked the doctor if she was alarmed and she said no -- that it was probably just a blip, but I'm such a fatalist, that I think the worst things right away. I just thought -- I went through three months of chemotherapy and for what? I don't know, I'm just so upset, I don't know what to do. I called my counselor and will be going in to see her on Friday. I just feel like I have no more fight left in me and feel like giving up.

Love,

Cyndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 01:39 PM
Cyndy, I'm Sorry to Hear This

I too have ovarian, stage 3C, diagnosed 3/28/01. I wish you'd had the results you were hoping for. Don't give up--it's much too soon. Give it the shot the doctor wants and work from there.. Blips happen. The CT scan will show what's what and you and your doctor can work from there. Remember what she said--she's not alarmed. If she's the straight talking kind, take her at her word. It'll be a hard, long month yes, but then there'll be a truer picture of what's happening and plans to work from there.
Hey--I'm from Wisconsin too and we Badgers don't give up easily. We may get way, way down--we may have our tears and fears--we may think of giving up--but get a Badger in a corner like you are now (and I was last year) and we FIGHT!
Unread 02-26-2002, 02:25 PM

((((Cyndy))))))
I am so sorry your news isn't better.
I agree that the doctor not being alarmed is a good sign, and that this perhaps is a blip.
I am praying for strength for you to get through this month, and I hope you will not give up Cyndy. They are not suggesting the IV chemo, so I think thats a good sign that they may feel taking it in the pill form as you are is working well, just taking longer than hoped.

You are entitled to be upset and angry at this news, and of course you are disappointed that it wasn't a better report and no one expects you to have an "oh well" attitude. You have been though so much, and you have fought very hard, and I really hope you find it within yourself to continue to fight.

We are here for you, and please keep coming and posting whatever your feelings are. We all understand and really are here for you.

Sending huge hugs ((((Cyndy))))) and many many prayers!!
xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 03:48 PM

Cyndy, I know that you were hoping for better news

Please try to stay positive, I know it is sometimes so hard ( in those times , it is ok to cry ) but you will beat this. We are all here cheering you on

Sometimes cancer can be stubborn so you have to fight it much longer than you sometimes want to. Please keep going , we will be there beside you in spirit Love to you Cyndy

The candle is lit for you today and God has been sent lots of prayers for you
Unread 02-26-2002, 03:57 PM

Dear Cyndy
Your overwhelming sadness and sense of being defeated just breaks my heart. I know that ovarian cancer just *****. We all have our times of being down emotionally and Lord knows, we have the right!!!! However...... it is way too soon in the game for you to consider packing it in. So give yourself a day or two to grieve your lack of progress and then pull yourself up and get back into the fight. You must be extremely proactive in your care. Even if it means seeking a second opinion at this time. I don't know where you live, but there are designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers all over this country. Most of them are actively involved with various trials. Perhaps you are a candidate for one. If you subscribe to Conversations, the newsletter for ovarian cancer patients, there is a list of all the centers in the most recent issue. If not, you can call NCI at 1 800 422 6237 for the center closest to you. If I recall, the group of oncologists you currently see have you seeing a different doc each time you visit. You may benefit from a practice where you see the same doc each time and have the opportunity to develope a more caring, trusting relationship. Keep in mind, there are still so many drugs out there for you to try and beat this beast with. Please know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up dear Cyndy!!!
oxoxoxokarenann ovcaIII
Unread 02-26-2002, 05:57 PM

Cyndy,
I am sorry that the news was not better.....but you CAN NOT give up!!!!!
You will beat this.....this is the hardest fight you will ever have in your life and you will fight it. You will beat it!!! Hang in there!!!
I am going to keep praying for you and I will not stop.

Valentina
Unread 02-26-2002, 06:56 PM

OH, CYNDY

THE NEWS IS SHOCKING TO YOU RIGHT NOW, BUT THE DR.
IS NOT THAT ALARMED. THIS IS A GOOD THING, NO??

DON'T YOU DARE TALK OF GIVING UP!!
YOU ARE HERE FOR A REASON DEAR LADY.

I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OVARIAN CANCER, BUT I HAD
ENDOMETRIAL AND TO ME, CANCER IS CANCER.

YOU HAVE A WHOLE LIFE IN FRONT OF YOU , AND IF GOD
WANTED YOU HE WOULD NOT GIVE THE DR'S THE AN OPTION
TO TREAT YOU.

MY DEAR LADY, PLEASE CALM DOWN. EVERYTHING WILL WORK
OUT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. YOU'LL SEE!!

YOU'LL BE GOOD AS NEW, MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.
I'M SURE I CAN SPEAK FOR THE OTHERS AS WELL.
LEAN ON US , ALWAYS WE'LL BE THERE FOR YOU.
Unread 02-26-2002, 07:26 PM

Cyndy

We are so moved from your courage to date.
It's ok to feel sad by your news from your Doctor.
Though you are not alone and all of us Sisters are here to support you 100% through the next hurdle.

You are in our prayers and our thoughts and if only we could all give you a and a and a

Dont hesitate to post if your feeling :sad:

An we will all keep you in our

Think POSITIVE.......

Love Donna
Unread 02-26-2002, 09:00 PM

I just wanted to add my

It is very hard to pick yourself up off the floor and if you want to sit on the floor and cry for awhile, that's ok. Sometimes that's what floors are for!

But we're here to help you get back off the floor too. CA125 is not a really accurate test and it really can be just a blip. Remember, you're in the Tour de France, not a sprint. There's another day and another hill, but this journey leads to Paris!!
Unread 02-26-2002, 09:30 PM

{{Cyndy}}

I'm so sorry your appointment didn't go better and the results were up.

I seem to remember during one of the rounds I had alot of fluctuating on the numbers. When I asked the Dr about it, he mentioned that sometimes "outside" situations can affect the numbers, even something simple like a virus can make it raise but what they look out for is "big" jumps, they don't worry overmuch on the smaller fluctuations.

I know this probably won't ease your mind completely, it didn't ease mine at the time either, but this popped into my mind when I read your post. I think at the time what I had going on was some type of flu bug that was interferring with my results.

I will be saying an extra prayer for you that this was just a blip as the Dr said and your treatment continues to be sucessful.

{{hugs}} to you, my friend!

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register