Continued bladder discomfort after LSH w/bladder adhesion and now Cipro??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Continued bladder discomfort after LSH w/bladder adhesion and now Cipro??? Continued bladder discomfort after LSH w/bladder adhesion and now Cipro???

Unread 02-27-2002, 06:18 AM
Continued bladder discomfort after LSH w/bladder adhesion and now Cipro???

Ladies,
I am just at my wits end this morning. My poor 3 yr. old must think I'm crazy...Haven't been able to stop sobbing since I got off the phone with my Gyno. office. The receptionist said my culture last week was neg. Like I didn't know it would be...I have been this route for 2 yrs. before the @#$% sugery. It was going on 4 mo. ago (Nov.2) and for the first couple mo. my Dr. said the bladder was just irritated from the surgery. Now going on 4 mo. they may think it's something else. I went the whole urologist route etc. before they diagnosed the Adenomyosis and 2 intramuscular fibroids in the uterian wall. I feel the surgery was in vain because the bladder pressure and freq. feeling (no pain when urinating just an ache before and after) I could deal with the heavy periods because it was only for a week of basically hemmoriging! This dull achy pressure is just agonizing though...So depressing and I feel I'm getting anxious about it. Have to deal with little kids and a Hubby that has been more than patient. I asked the recep. why I had to take an antibiotic if the culture was neg. and she said that my Gyno. thought it may help. Have to take it for 3 days and call if the symptoms are still here. I am so upset and frustrated beyond belief. This was the main reason I had my uterus yanked out!!!!!!! Have any of you had this bladder stuff at this far post and have had it gradually go away??? Could it still be healing at this far post? Because I had the Lap. supracervical hyster. I had no sutures and the surgery was the least non-invasive possible to remove a uterus but maybe because of the bladder adhesion to the uterus that they fixed it is still healing? God only knows... How do all of you who have been through SO much keep going???
Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 10:27 AM

Paula,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through all of this. I am also one that has endured bladder troubles since my surgery. I know how frustrating and exhausting it is. I was also told for months that it was my bladder "healing". I finally then found a urologist and he has done lots of tests and diagnosed me with chronic cystitis. I also had alot of problems with incontinence, which I had a surgery called TVT (Tension-Free Vaginal Tape) and that cured the incontinence problem But I still have that constant achy/heavy feeling in my bladder and I am constantly fighting bladder and kidney infections. I just returned from the urologist office a little bit ago and waiting on the culture to come back to see what type of meds to put me on this time.

So although I don't have any answers for you, I can sympathize. Sending s and hoping you find answers and get to feeling better very soon.
Unread 02-27-2002, 01:04 PM

{{Paula}},
I havent experienced any long term bladder problems but after each of my surgeries I would get that awful ache that lasted a few months at least. Hopefully for you, it is still healing since they did do some extra work in that area. Hang in there its gets so frustrating sometimes but we have no choice but to keep rolling with the punches Please keep us posted and I hope you can feel better soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 03:10 PM

I got this when I wasn't getting enough estrogen as well as sometimes I have bladder spasms and find that the medication Ditropin helps with that.....then my bladder quiets down again.......just a thought, I know how you feel........sending big 's!!!
Unread 02-28-2002, 05:07 PM

I'm four months post-op and have my first bladder infection ever. Not only that, at the same time, I have a vaginal bacterial infection AND a yeast infection. So now I'm on Cipro and an antispasm med, then have to take Diflucan when those are done. Exhausting, isn't it?

Good luck, everyone!!

Laura
Unread 03-02-2002, 06:30 PM
Me Too

Paula,
I thought I replied to this but I am half out of my mind lately. My symtoms are so very similar to your. If this is redundant I am sorry. I am seing my gyn (hyst 11/19) on Mon after he did lap 2 weeks ago for adhesions. The pain returned in three days after the lap. I still have the weirdest pains. Some days I feel like an extremly intense bladder infection other days I feel like a brused low pelvic area. Sometimes I feel this weird itching (internally) low vaginal. But always I feel something I am almost 4 months post op. I am in the process of collecting all my records to my gp and he is referring me to another surgeon. This will be my second opinion. I have to believe there is something wrong that somebody needs to figure out. Pain is not normal. Espically not this long. I think you & I have the same problem whatever that is.
I will keep you posted on my findings I have seen a urologist done the sonogram IVP cystoscope with no signs of anything abnormal. I am praying for a healing. I do belive in miracles and I now am learning to be strong in faith. I do think we should continue finding out the problem & getting treatment. I hope the best for us SOON. Love & Prayers to you Paula. Vist me here or email me at [email protected] Linda
Unread 03-03-2002, 05:42 PM
bladder(?) pain

Hi Ladies.

I haven't been here since a few weeks after my hyst (LAVH) 6 months ago. I had a terrific recovery, felt great... until today. I've got dull achy tenderness in the bladder area. It doesn't hurt to pee, but I feel like I have to go more often. I didn't have any bladder problems at all either before or after the surgery. If this doesn't go away in a few days, I'll call the dr. It sounds like I have lots of company (unfortunately...) I hope you all feel better soon!
Unread 03-04-2002, 03:22 AM

Paula,

I wanted to check in with you and see if the antibiotics are helping you. Are you feeling any better yet?

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
s to you.
Unread 03-04-2002, 05:16 AM
bladder discomfort

Lisa,
Thanks for the email and concern. The pressure and freq. feeling is a bit better since being on the Cipro. It is not gone, only a bit more bearable! I am going to see my gyno. on Thurs. so maybe I'll have more info. then. She wants to do an internal (ugh...) to check the ovaries. How did your culture come back??? Do they give you any explanation on why you keep getting these infections? It really is discouraging to have these residual symptoms AFTER the hysterectomy! Let me know where you are at...
A hug back to you!
Paula
Unread 03-04-2002, 06:00 AM

Paula: I also had the LSH on 2/13/02..two days after you!!

I didn't have problems with my bladder (other than the usual, leakage when I coughed or sneezed or laughed), I actually never had a bladder infection till I had my surgery..

When I went in for my 1 wk check dr kept asking me about how I was urinating..and I didn't understand till I said, well yeah I can't hold it and it does hurt alittle and I was having sweats but no fever..dr also put me on Cipro, but I had to take it for 7 days, 250mgs 2x's a day for 7 days. The pain and frequent urinating went away after about 4 days.

Most antibiotics take 72hrs to start working..Cipro is used for bladder infections, and I know your test came back neg, my dr didn't even do a urine test on me..he went by my symptoms. Dr said it's very common after a hyst..and all the ladies here told me that too!

How are you feeling otherwise?? I was suprised at how little pain was involved with this surgery..I find it alittle deceiving since there are only 3 little incisions..I had to constantly remind myself I just had major surgery.

Hope I helped alittle..if you wouldn't mind keeping in touch with me..I haven't come across anyone else that has had an LSH., I'd appreciate it. I haven't come across anyone else that had this particular procedure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register