identity crisis - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

identity crisis identity crisis

Unread 02-28-2002, 07:06 AM
identity crisis

Kelkie,
You are so right on the subject. I love your reply and agree with you all the way. I am reading all the postings here today while I'm waiting 11am to call my doctor and schedule my hyst. I have two kids, had tubal a year ago but I want my freedom from pain and I know I am much better person when I'm feeling good. If I am in constant pain day in and out, I am frustrated, impatient and unhappy and that reflects on my family and friends.
I love you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 09:03 AM
identity crisis

I have been reading everyone's replies and there is a lot of wisdom and inspiration in this thread. I have six weeks before my surgery and when I made the decision, it was because of all the pain I was in. It wasn't until after it was scheduled I started to get sad about it. I have not been able to get pregnant and we really would have loved to have kids. But then I thought heck I'm 46 it's too late to have them anyway so what's the problem? But somewhere in the back of my head I think I'm missing something by taking away the only organ that would allow me to have kids. Everyday I go back and forth between glad I made the decision and sorry I made the decision. My DH says it doen't matter but I have a feeling deep inside it really does.

I know how you are feeling and wanted to offer some support but I also know nothing I can say will make the decision any easier. Sometimes the battle has to be fought within ourselves but all the love and support found here definately makes the fight easier!!!

Thanks to everyone!
Unread 02-28-2002, 12:14 PM
back to Melissa and the metaphoric centre of being

As one who spends her life writing about the cultural life of people - something which can be very subjective and intuitive, I have to say I've relied on my menstrual cycle for intellectual impulses. After my period I research, during PMS I analyse, create and write, and during my period I edit (you know, discard the unnecessary junk). This is my tried and true formula that has got me through 15 years of university, won me $50,000 in scholarships, and the thought of that being disrupted 6 months before finishing my dissertation is pretty scary. Especially as I haven't had menstrual problems until the last 14 months, and now I've got a 20 cm uterus that's just ballooning. I think I always believed my periods really were 'my little friend', and my uterus an intergral, or maybe defining, part of my intellectual, creative (spiritual?) self. Who knew?

I'm so glad to see the responses to this thread. I've been so distraught for the last 6 weeks, and had no idea why, but at least its starting to make some sense. I find it so interesting to read about your various thoughts and feelings on what it means to be 'of the female sex', and how that's come to partly define our lives.

Andi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 01:37 PM
Being a Female

With all the troubles in the past, connected with my gender, and all those that lay ahead, if I had to be born again, I would choose to be a female, for once again. We are strong, but gentle, understanding and firm, we offer support, but we make great leaders. We shall salute to our selves and be happy with who we are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register