marriage and menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

marriage and menopause marriage and menopause

Unread 02-27-2002, 10:20 PM
marriage and menopause

I have been prescribed Estratest but have refused to pick it up as I had read all the side effects before. I am currently on premerin and the DR wants to switch me due to moodswings, lack of sex drive. But I don't know what would be worse. I read also another side effect of Estratest is severe anger/rage. That scares the bagebers out of me, I already have the moodswings, I don't need that too. I also think my husband is going through Andrapause, so between the two of us, our marriage is in trouble and I don't know where else to turn. My DR said if I don't take the Estratest he will not give me anything else including my premerin. This DR said I need estrogen and testosterone. I have found a new dr. but do not meet with them until March 20. I have posted on other boards here, Aching hearts is the one I have posted on most.

Thanks for listening
Lisa
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 05:58 AM
marriage and menopause

Hi Lisa!

This hormone balancing act is a tricky thing, huh? I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated - I want to share with you my experience with Estratest, but bear in mind that different women do have different reactions....

I'm on Estratest HS and have been for about 3 months. I, too, read about the side effects, and was a little concerned about the 'anger/hostility'. However, I have not found that Estratest has affected me in that way.

Perhaps you owe it to yourself to just try it (my DR did say that a fair 'trial' had to be a good 3 months) and see how it works for you. It's good that you will be seeing another DR soon; this would be a good discussion to have - although it's impossible for a DR (or anyone else) to accurately foresee how you are going to do on any certain HRT until after you've tried it.

Best wishes to you; here's hoping we all find just the right balance!

(((((((HUGS))))))
Unread 02-28-2002, 09:30 AM
marriage and menopause

((Lisa)), I am so sorry for what you are going through. It makes me really upset to hear your Dr (x-Dr) took such a stand with you. I am not saying this to say that estratest is bad. Different things work for different women. However the point is that you expressed to him you did not want to go that route and he tried to bully you. Shame on him. You have a right to say what you want and dont' want and he should have respected your feelings. Many women do well on estratest some don't so you might consider giving it a try. But if you don't want to that is fine. I told my Dr. what I did not want for HRT and my request was honored.

There are lots of options for you, if you need testosterone you can get a natural version in cream which you can easily adjust up or down. Go to www.hormonejungle.com and read up on all your options so when you go to your new Dr you can help decide what you want to try. Why don't you call your new Dr. and see if you can get in sooner or get put on a cancellation list. I am sorry, I am not very helpful but that makes me see red that you are treated so badly. Know that we are here for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2002, 10:33 AM
marriage and menopause

I agree with Sherik. Your current doctor should be more open-minded to what YOU want. You are the customer. I think you are very wise to find a new one.

Sherik gave you absolutely wonderful advice. If she gave this advice to me, I'd follow it completely.

NoNoLoLola
Wishing you the best....
Unread 02-28-2002, 11:41 AM
marriage and menopause

Lisa,
I think you might have a point...if you are already having mood swings then the extra testosterone might not be what you need. Personally I would want to have some testing done to find out what I was deficient in before just blindly trying this or that. The one thing that seems to help with mood swings...the anxiety type in particular is progesterone, and I notice that you are not taking any.
I can see why you would not want to go back to your doctor, can you get a prescription for the premarin to tide you over? Perhaps this new doctor if he is worth waiting for, will get you in sooner if you explain your situation to him. Or you could see if your primary care physician would help you out.
Best wishes to you

Becky in OHIO
Unread 02-28-2002, 03:54 PM
marriage and menopause

HI all.
I called the new Dr's office today and asked them to let meknow if there were any cancelations, that I would like to fit into that spot when ever it is. They looked and said "oh, we have one for tuesday" So I am going tuesday. Im excited, I have never been excited to go to a dr before, but i am now. They specialize in menopause, HRT"s and menopause counsoling. I will let you know how I make out. I have enough pills till then so I'll be ok. the dose I am on for premerin in 1.875, I had to find this out for the new dr's. I find that to be alot but I dont know for sure. (its 3 pills that are .625 each)
thanks for all the advise

Lisa
Unread 02-28-2002, 04:14 PM
WONDERFUL!

Attagirl Lisa!!!!!!

Bravo! and Congrats! on getting that appointment!!!!!!!

Good Luck! and keep us up to date, okay?

NoNoLoLola
Unread 02-28-2002, 05:15 PM
marriage and menopause

Lisa, I am really glad to hear such good news!! It may take a while but I know you will find the right combination. Keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register