I'm Home | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-01-2002, 01:45 PM
I'm Home

Wanted to say hello to my special sisters on this board.
I'm home and doing great.
Surgery went very well. I felt pain in recovery and have had NO pain since. Used my push button but was able to taper off it after a few days. No pain meds now. So I am a lucky girl in many ways.
Best news is they got all the cancer! So 98% cure on the Uterine Cancer and 100% on the Vulva work. No chemo or radiation necessary.
I had fretted about keeping my cervix, but they also found some precancerous condition going on there too. So glad it is all gone!
So doc says I can shop, go out to eat, and go to movies. Also I am to have lot's of steak and burgers to get over my anemia. Must avoid housework and going back to work at all costs.
I hope you are all doing well. I look forward to getting back on the boards as energy permits.
Time for the couch.

Shelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 02:05 PM
I'm Home

What terrific news, Shelley!

SHELLEY IS CANCER-FREE!!!

I am so very happy for you! Now be a good and rest a lot. Keep your feet up. Drink lots of water. Don't be in too much of a hurry to go shopping--those stores will still be there in a few weeks and I hear the pillow have been out in swarms lately.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your situation!
Unread 03-01-2002, 06:23 PM
I'm Home

OH, SHELLY

SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU.

GET ALOT OF REST , CLEANING, SHOPPING ETC.

OR WE'LL BE FORCED TO CALL THE PILLOW POLICE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2002, 11:37 PM
I'm Home

Shelley, that is such good news.

I am sure you are so relieved that it is all over and now you can concentrate on getting better. Dont forget to follow Drs orders and to rest as much as possible to allow yourself to heal. Much love and kisses xx
Unread 03-02-2002, 07:04 PM
I'm Home

{{Shelley}}

This is such wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!!!

Now you can fully concentrate on resting and healing well. Do try to be patient on the shopping, it can wait a few more days.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 03-02-2002, 07:32 PM
I'm Home

Shelley~what great news! I especially like the part about avoiding going back to work at all costs. If you enjoy your recovery half as much as I enjoyed mine, then a very happy gal you shall be. Oh....don't forget the hot fudge sundaes. They do wonders towards healing.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register