Stunned and frightened - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stunned and frightened Stunned and frightened

Unread 03-03-2002, 10:06 PM
Stunned and frightened

Just wanted to add some and tell you that I too think that it's good to bring someone to be your ears. I took paper and wrote everything down that I wanted to ask ahead of time. My oncologist used to laugh because I'd sit there in my gown with my paper clutched in my hand--I wasn't going to forget to ask my questions! One day he walked in and made a show of looking all around the room and said to me, "ok, where's the list of questions?" But see, I reached the point where I felt calm about it. And trusted him. And was ready to move forward. You'll get there too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 07:29 PM
Stunned and frightened

{{Amy}}

I can't add alot to what the ladies have already said but I can add some more {{hugs}}.

I, like Trish, remember many visits armed with my list of questions, Dr would sigh and proceed to answer all of them for me, no matter what they pertained to.

I also think the gals are right when it comes to non-oncology related Drs. A few of mine when told about my diagnosis gave me the sad eyed look and patted my knee. HA! They don't know me very well!

I'm sure you are looking forward to your visit with the Oncologist and getting some of these questions answered. Please don't feel like you have to bear this alone, quite frankly, I've found that speaking of what I was going through helped calm me at the same time. I don't know if that works for everyone but it certainly did for me. If you don't feel comfortable sharing your fears with your DH, please always feel welcome to share them here with us.

Please keep us posted on how your appointment goes. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 03-04-2002, 09:47 PM
Stunned and frightened

Amy,

I just want to add my

I know how it feels. It's overwelming at first. But it's the not knowing that makes us crazy. It will get better. When you meet with the oncologist, you will become more informed. Being more infomed gives you the power to deal with whatever they tell you. And what they tell you may be that you are going to be just fine! Don't forget that.

Bring someone to hear the stuff you don't hear. I only heard the bad stuff, while my best friend heard the good stuff. When I get scared, I call him and he tells me the good stuff (over and over and over)

You are in my thoughts. Be sure to let us know how your visit goes.

Diane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register