Any of you ever have your BP drop unusually low? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any of you ever have your BP drop unusually low? Any of you ever have your BP drop unusually low?

Unread 03-03-2002, 06:12 PM
Any of you ever have your BP drop unusually low?

Hi everyone I hope everyone is doing o.k & had a nice weekend (i worked all weekend ). A question : Any of you ever had your BP drop real low? What were your symptoms & did you call your dr. about it?
I felt very nauseous (sp.?) last night & this morning & also was VERY dizzy (worse when standing) . I took my BP at work, we have a pharmacy there, & it was like 20 points below normal. Which is scary because my BP is always "borderline" high. I went home & slept for almost 2 hrs & now i feel o.k. but it was scary. I really dont know what to think of it- i havent started any new meds. Would just like to know if any of you out there have experienced this. Thanks ladies!!

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 03:12 AM
Low blood preassure

Hello Susan,
My BP is always low. I too have experienced dizziness. This was due to me being a anemic. I was losing so much blood from having fibroids that My blood count was down to nothing. You may want to have the doctor check your blood count.

All the best to you,
Dee
Unread 03-04-2002, 11:25 AM

Susan,
My father has a low BP disease it is call Shy Draggers. He does get very dizzy with it too. Sometimes his BP jumps to stroke level and then bottoms out. It has taken alot out of him. The other day at the hosp. mine was 90/60 which is pretty low but I didn't get dizzy or anything. The only other time mine went really low 70/40 was when I had a large hematoma. I wish I could help more. Maybe you need to go see your GP and tell him/her what it going on.
Huggs and Prayers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 12:25 PM
Mine's normally low..

So I don't know if that helps you or not. If I have 120/80 I'm having some kind of major problem or pain. Mine normally runs around 80/60 but has dropped as low as 43/20 (yes they put me on my head).
Unread 03-05-2002, 08:19 AM

Susan,

One possibility to check out is whether you might have had a vasovagal episode. (although BP 20 pts below normal doesn't sound like it). When you get vasovagal your BP will drop so low that you will faint (once you are horizontal, either on the floor or bed, your BP will recover and you regain consciousness). Nausea frequently accompanies this, along with sweating.

Vasovagal can occur for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it's a reaction to pain or fear; sometimes it occurs because of dehydration or after eating too much. President Bush had it recently: when he choked on that pretzel, the vasovagal nerve was activated- his BP dropped really low, he passed out, but revived when he hit the floor.

I'm not saying you had this, it's only one possibility. I don't know how long ago you had your surgery- if it's been a month or less, dizziness can occur. I would give your doctor a call. hope you are feeling better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register