So, what do you do to pass the time? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So, what do you do to pass the time? So, what do you do to pass the time?

Unread 07-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Re: So, what do you do to pass the time?

I had my son set up the Nintendo nes old school gaming system near my bed. I am trying to beat dr Mario... Lol. My daughter and I are going to work on family scrapbooks. I plan on reading some books with my son, we are doing the book of John, little house on the prairie and Tom the water baby. I like to shop for vinyl rock records on eBay. I may do a little quilting and embroidery too, maybe a cool pillow. I also enjoy watching the following series on Netflix or YouTube: kids in the hall, Monty pythons. Mystery science theater 3000, black books, Miranda, and are you being served. I also like turner classic movies. With my grown daughter we also plan on reading the little prince. Oh and we plan on board games. My faves are Yahtzee, miles bornes, clue, battleship, scrabble, and pictionary. I may try tending my flower and veg garden when I perk up a bit more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2013, 08:47 PM

Purchased
$15 iTunes card for apps
$25 iTunes card for apps & music
Starting reading"Dear God, It's Me & It's Urgent"
Ordered phone & mini iPad cases from Amazon
Caught a 30% off sale at Aeropostale online for the boys (5 & 11)
Watched dozens of Family Feud games, Chain Reaction & Minute to Win It

Got five weeks left at home and I am running out if stuff to do
Happy Healing to all my sisters!
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:21 PM
So, what do you do to pass the time?

I'm nearly at 6 weeks post-op. My time at home over past 5 and a half weeks has consisted of:

1. Gaming, gaming, gaming. Did I mention I am a gamer? XD Lots of Xbox360/PS2 gaming (mainly Skyrim, GTA: Vice City, Borderlands), iPhone gaming (Candy Crush Saga, Dragonvale, Hay Day) and PC gaming (The Dig, Sims 3).

2. Facebook

3. Finally caught up on season 6 of my favourite TV show, Big Bang Theory. And re-watched season 1&2 of the Aussie version of Wilfred.

4. Further planning toward our long distance move to Cairns in a couple of months

5. Lots of movies and a bit of TV

I have loved my time at home, rarely ever get time to play my Xbox because of work commitments, now I can play it pretty much whenever :-D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepitsimple View Post
...Got five weeks left at home and I am running out if stuff to do
Happy Healing to all my sisters!
You may be running out of the things you're currently able to do - but you may also be on the verge of being able to do more. :-)

Both my gynecologist and this site, in explaining the recovery period to me, broke it down into three two-week periods. For me, this proved to be pretty accurate. Weeks 1 and 2 were for taking things very slow and easy. Weeks 3 and 4 were for gradually branching out in terms of activity. Weeks 5 and 6 saw me taking the final steps to move from recovery back into "normal" life.
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:32 PM

Haha how boring is it!! I'm only 3 days out and going crazy. There are only so many mags you can read lol
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:38 PM

Day 8 LAVH.

I'm an avid reader but for some reason have only finished 1 book this week! Yikes

Watched more TV than I ever cared to watch. Today was "reality TV" day with my son - American ninja, hardcore pawn, intervention, gangland. I've watched a Reba marathon (laughed so hard it made me hurt), law and order SVU.

Washed my pjs and the undies that don't bother the incision sites since I have some blood pooling under the navel incision.

I walked one day. 2 blocks took me 40 minutes. Kicked my bum!!!! Going back out tomorrow when hopefully it won't be so hot that it seems he'll has cracked open.

Read A LOT from this site.
Sat and looked at my bike, telling her that I miss her. Haha

I've taken enough naps to fill the rest of my year. I've got at least 3 weeks of recovery time to go according to the dr.

STIR CRAZY!!!!!!

I did read a lady's post that tickled me. I keep thinking on it. She said that she needed to poop but it hurt (boy, I get that one!). She finally pooped and the. Se was pooped and had to rest. Yes, I literally laughed out loud.

Desperate to be back to normal but definitely not rushing it. A little patience pays off with a full recovery.

Off to bed. Today was a tired day. Slept until 10am. Fell asleep after breakfast and woke up at 2. Geez.
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:42 PM

Well I'm 10 days post op as of tomorrow. I have laid around a lot, walked in the yard, walked around the corner and back with the DH, had a lot of visitors, snuggled with my 2 weiner dogs and 2 kitties, fed the bunny, laid outside in the swing and watched a LOT of TV. Plus I play a lot of Pool Live Tour on Facebook. Other than that I try to read my Bible an pray and stay off of sites with scary cancer information that may or may not be true...
Unread 07-20-2013, 06:30 AM

I'm at day 10 so I'm still in the "laziest dog/cat/person" contest. My dogs are wondering if I've morphed into a dog because I lie around just like they do!

I went on a short outing yesterday to a friend's house for a Bible/Quran study. It was only a couple of hours but that was about all the excitement I could take! Came home and took a nap. I do a lot of knitting and crocheting, watch a LOT of tv, change positions a lot, and dream about driving again. My manual transmission Mustang sits outside my window and calls my name! I miss my car most of all!

Unfortunately, it will probably take a little longer for me to recovery fully because I had such severe anemia (went through two transfusions two weeks apart) before surgery. So I'll continue to take it easy. I guess you could say I'm bored of being bored! But that's ok because when I really get going again I'll think about these lazy days!

I love this site and I love all my sisters who have helped me along the way. Hugs to you all!
Unread 07-20-2013, 08:09 AM

Pinterest!!!!!!
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:23 AM

I sure enjoyed reading all this.. Got a few giggles.. I'm a week and a day.. Bored and muscles that I never knew I had hurt and ache.. this site is what is saving me.. I've also watched The jeff corwin show, over and over and over again.. For some strange reason all the animals have become really CUTE to me.. lol.. I'm sure my daughters about ready for me to change shows.. Bless her heart shes been right beside me.. =) (16yrs old)

Doing dishes sounds fun to me.. =/ Until I have to do them again.. lol..
I want so bad to go walk out side but its been way too hot.. I'd freak out first step. Hopefully the cooling off is coming and I'll add that to my days..

=)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register