Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me? please? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me?  please? Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me? please?

Unread 03-04-2002, 07:42 PM
Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me? please?

Its happened. I have a cold and my chest feels heavy, and I am coughing like crazy. Doc said he would cancel surgery if I were to get sick. Everyone please cross your fingers and say a prayer that I am over this by next week!? I came down with this crud last Wed., went to see a (different) Dr. on Friday and he said my chest sounded fine and gave me some cough medicine and sent me on my merry little way. This is just the oddest cold I have had. Or maybe I am just so used to all of my colds turning into sinus infections or bronchitus that I don't know what a cold is like anymore. I am not stuffed up all of the time but I feel like I am wheezing from my throat, not chest. oh, I sure hope this passes soon! Should I be calling my Dr and letting him know? I have 11 days until the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 08:07 PM
Hi Bleujean

I would call if I were you and ask if that should be addressed. I wheeze like that but I have asthma. I may just be a thoart infection. CAll and see if he wants to see you again. 11 days is a long time but if you put it off you may not have time to get over it. Unless you are congested and/or running a fever most DR will not cancel. God Bless and my are going up for you. Let us know how things are going.
Unread 03-04-2002, 08:26 PM

Lets hope it's just a cold. Perhaps if you take real good care of yourself, you'll be over the cough part by the time of your surgery. I can understand not wanting to reschedule! They'll want you to cough after the surgery to keep your lungs clear, but it really hurts.

Best wishes for getting rid of your cold and best wishes for a speedy recovery after surgery.

Gardengirl
TAH-BSO 11-6-01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 09:21 PM
Sending prayers your way...

Hi sister,

I am sending you prayers and Strength of Heart right now. I would call your dr. just in case. I know that any delay would be horribly frustrating. I'm going through that now, but please be on the safe side.

Drink lots of OJ and I have an old Italian remedy that's been in my family for generations. It's worth a try and won't make it any worse.

Take 2-3 whole bay leaves and add boiling water in a large coffee cup. Add sugar to taste. Seep the leaves for about 5 minutes; but leave them in. Sip all the liquid. I swear it works. My husband (who never gets sick) got very sick with the flu and I gave him this and the next day he was up and around. He wasn't doing cartwheels or anything, but he wasn't laid up.

I hope all is well and please write to me if you have any questions or just want to chat. I'm a night owl, so I'm usually up until the wee hours. Especially now waiting for my TAH.

Dawn (NUCC)
Unread 03-04-2002, 09:52 PM
Prayers going up

Blue Jean,

I asked our Lord to heal you, give you comfort and strength, and that your congestion will heal and you will have a safe and successful surgery.

Linda
Unread 03-04-2002, 10:16 PM

Hi Bluejean,

For what it's worth, I went to my internist today for a pre-op EKG (my surgery is scheduled for the 11th) and he noticed I had a stuffy left nostril. He said that under no circumstances should I proceed with surgery if I have a scratchy throat or hint of a cold and to tell my OB/GYN if it doesn't clear up.

He said it could possibly cause complications. In my case I'm pretty sure it's just my hay fever acting up since it's been windy here, but I thought I'd pass it along. Maybe you should call both your GYN and your GP/internist for their input just to make sure.

Hopefully you'll be 100% in 11 days & ready for your crown!!
Unread 03-05-2002, 01:19 AM

Know how you feel I have my hister the 12th and I have been blowing the nose to and don't want to cancel. But than my sinus are bad all the time to. Of course with 7 degrees outside you do feel like a bag full of beans, at least I do.. it is as if you just can't get warm. I hope things turn out for you..
Unread 03-05-2002, 04:59 AM

I so agree that a call to your doc is in order; he might not prescribe anything at this point, but it will be noted in your chart so he will be informed. I hope that this passes for you so that you can go to the castle on your scheduled date. Take care of yourself as best you can, drink plenty of fluids. Keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Unread 03-05-2002, 06:05 AM

Hi Bluejean,

My and thoughts are going up for you. I am sorry you feel bad. Maybe if you take DAWNS advice about the bay leaves and get LOTS of rest and try to avoid people that feel ill, it may help. Also drink lots of fluids like oj. Lots of
Unread 03-05-2002, 06:09 AM

Call your doctor, drink lots of oj, and rest, rest, rest!!! Best wishes and (((HUGS))) and prayers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register