Lost and in pain: complex hyperplasia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lost and in pain: complex hyperplasia Lost and in pain: complex hyperplasia

Unread 07-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Lost and in pain: complex hyperplasia

Hello,

Well here is the situation I have been having problems for a long time. I have had lower left pelvic pain that increases during ovulation and is extreme during menses. About 3 days before my period starts I get extremely sick. vomiting, hot flashes, dizziness, and extreme cramping. Then when it starts my flow is beyond heavy with very large clots. After tests revealed I had no visible cysts or fibroids my gyn suggested many things. Due to my past history we decided that at minimum we would do an abdominal laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, D&C, and Novasure ablation. I had all this done on July 15th. My Dr did warn me that all this may only resolve my flow issues. When it was over the Dr had found several adhesion but was unable to separate the largest of them. (He also found a hemaclip that had migrated from right side to the left assumed it was from gallbladder surgery from 16 years ago) After surgery the pain was still there on the left side. and when I went back to work my pain increased and a new pain started during urination I feel a sharp pain and pressure vaginally. The Dr asked that I do a UA it was negative. During all of this my pathology report came back from D&C and while it was benign it showed complex hyperplasia. My Dr wants me to come in sooner then my 4 week visit so I will be going in on July 31. The message that I received stated a hysterectomy may be the best option due to the hyperplasia and also allowing him to better address the adhesion.

I guess my question is has anyone else gone through this? Any ideas of what I can do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Lost and in pain: complex hyperplasia

I'm in a similar situation as you. Went in for extremely heavy periods with lots of clots, had u/s that discovered a complex mass on my right ovary, went in for a dnc, hysterscope and Novasure ablation on July 5th.

My dr called me less then 2 weeks afterwards to tell me the path report came back as complex hyperplasia. My DH and I met with her this past Monday and decided to o ahead with the hysterectomy. Her concerns are that I just had my 3rd c-section on December 31st and everything looked fine. I've always had heavy periods, but they have only gotten worse and now they are intollerable, and I'm only 35. I have constant cramping through my whole cycle, the week before my period I am bed ridden because of pain, I spot for about 4 days before the flooding starts, and then I can't leave my house for three days because of accidents. By the fourth day, the bleeding stops for about 24 hours, then I cramp terribly again, pass a huge clot, bleed for another day or two, then spot for a day or two and then it finally stops. Then it starts again 2 weeks later because I'm now having 23 day cycles. My quality of life is going down hill, so combined with the Complex hyperplasia, I want it out.

I'm going ahead with the surgery and am scheduled October 18th. I want to do this now, as opposed to waiting until I'm older or until it becomes an emergency because things turned cancerous. I won't try hormones to try to get rid of the hyperplasia, my mother has had several strokes and severe high blood pressure and I've never done well with the pill, too many side effects.

It's scary to think I'm having this major surgery, but I'm more scared to not have it done.

Liz

ETA- I'm expecting her to find a lot of adhesions as well, as I had a lot of them tearing during my last pregnancy as I got bigger and that hurt like you wouldn't believe!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register