Hello from a Nervous Nelly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello from a Nervous Nelly Hello from a Nervous Nelly

Unread 03-07-2002, 07:21 AM
Hello from a Nervous Nelly

Hello! I'm glad I found this site. You all seem so nice!

I'm 52 and when I went for a regular gyn checkup the dr. felt an enlarged ovary. TV sonogram shows a complex cyst, about 4 cm. He said I could wait to see if it shrinks, but I want to have it checked out.

I have none of the symptoms of OVCA that I see listed and feel perfectly fine! (Except for my nerves, of course!) I had the CA-125 test but am too scared to ask how it came out. My biggest worry, actually, is having to tell my parents if it's serious, because they are elderly and emotionally fragile.

My surgery is scheduled for March 21. Any suggestions for helping to cut the tension? Thanks for letting me vent and my prayers and best wishes to ALL of you!!

P.S. all the smilies links are broken?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 11:39 AM

HI PAT,

I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH OVCA, BUT I HAD A HYST IN NOVEMBER
OF LAST YEAR FOR ENDO CANCER. THEY CAUGHT IT EARLY AND
MY HYST WAS A TOTAL.
I WAS SCARED TO DEATH, I TRYED TO READ AND PLUNGE MYSELF INTO MY JOB. MOSTLY I TRYED TO BE VERY ACTIVE ANY POSSIBLE WAY, SO AS NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT.
THE LADIES HERE WERE A GREAT SUPPORT FOR ME AND I THANK
THEM STILL.
THEY WILL BE HERE SHORTLY, I'M SURE TO OFFER ADVICE
AND SUPPORT.
MEANTIME STAY BUSY S
WAITING IS THE WORST PART.
Unread 03-07-2002, 08:22 PM

Hi Pat!

Welcome to Hystersisters!!! I'm glad you found us!

I know the thought of facing surgery for a possible cancer is scary and I don't really know of any sure fire ways to keep your mind from being overactive while waiting for your surgery day. What I did was my normal workaholic routine, bury myself in my work. I had to give my assistant a crash course in covering my job so it certainly kept me busy. That along with getting the house ready, moving furniture around, moving the computer next to the bed so I could surf while resting. All seemed to help keep my mind at least a little bit busy.

I hope all will turn out well and the enlarged ovary will turn out to be nothing to worry about. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, we'll try to share any of our experiences we can.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 09:33 PM
Hi Pat

I do hope and pray that all will be well. I too had a cyst that was 4cm along with 2 others and a fibroid and a mass in my uterus and a fallopian tube that was full of stuff. All that seemed to come out okay. Yes the uterine cancer was there but they got it all.
I don't know much about ovarian cancer. But I will pray that you just have a pesky cyst that you can say goodbye too.
I hope you are able to keep the tension to a miniumum. It is hard I know. Here are some things I did:
Took walks, listened to meditation tapes, saw friends for dinner and movies and LIVED on the Hyster Sister Board.
Let us know how you are doing and what else we can do to ease the journey.
God bless you.

Shelley
Unread 03-09-2002, 06:30 AM

Thank you so much for your warm wishes!

I took my daughter to a university open house Friday. It was very informative and helped her decide about college. I hoped I would enjoy it more - I had trouble concentrating, with all the thoughts running through my mind. I hope I can keep it together as the time draws near. I have to sing a solo for a church cantata the Sunday before surgery - will be pretty nervous, I know, but the choir director is counting on me.

You are all wonderful and I appreciate your thoughts & prayers! I'll be praying for you, too.

-Pat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register