saw the oncologist yesterday - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

saw the oncologist yesterday saw the oncologist yesterday

Unread 03-07-2002, 08:59 PM
saw the oncologist yesterday

{{Amy}}

The gals have said it so beautifully and might I say, I agree 250%

I'm so sorry you received such scary news but I too, believe wholeheartedly in the power of prayer and positive thinking. More and more often, the statistics are being proven wrong!

When I had my recurrence immediately following my first round of chemotherapy, one of my Drs suggested I look into going onto disability, I refused. While I was scared mindless by this, I requested we begin the next round immediately, and might I say worked beautifully. When speaking to another on my Dr's he said something to me that I fully believe and which I've shared here before.... He said "they now view cancer to be more of a chronic illness that will eventually be beat". I hold that view close to my heart every day now.

Please know we are all here for you, keeping you in our prayers and we will be here for you in any way we can be.

So, Here's to being part of that 15% eh?

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 09:20 PM
Blessings Amy

Wanted to add my name of those who are thinking of you and will be praying for you. I know all the prayer groups really work!
I was so amazed and touched by how many people put me on prayer lists from all different denomenations. I was so grateful for them all. God has no boundaries.
I don't know what else to say or add but, all of the love and support you receive from this site can surely rain miracles upon you.
May the wings of angels carry you through your treatments on your journey back to wellness.

Shelley
Unread 03-08-2002, 05:31 PM

{{{Amy}}}

I just wanted to add my and along with everyone else's. Keep the faith, Amy. You CAN be in that 15%!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2002, 05:52 AM
NEVER GIVE INTO ODDS

MY HUSBAND EXPERIENCED AN ACTIVELY DISSECTING AORTIC ANEURYSM, THAT INVOLVED THE AORTIC VALVE AND CORONARY ARTERIES, SURVIVAL PROGNOSIS 10%.

WE ARE GETTING READY TO CELEBRATE THE 6 YEAR ANNIVERSERY ON MARCH 11, WE CALL THIS HIS SECOND BIRTHDAY.

ODDS AND NUMBERS ARE SOMETHING THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY NEEDS IN ORDER TO GROUP THINGS TO THEIR UNDERSTANDING, HUMAN DRIVE AND SPIRIT ARE THE TRUE MEASURMENTS OF SURVIVAL. KEEP YOURSELF AS STRONG AS POSSIBLE AND ALWAYS FOCUSED TO YOUR GOAL.

NEVER, NEVER LET THE NUMBERS DICTATE TO YOU, CREATE YOUR OWN TERMS AND DICTATE TO THEM!!!

BLESSINGS

TONI
(TRIXIE)
Unread 03-09-2002, 08:35 PM

Amy:

I want to add my big

I am so sorry that you have to hear those numbers. But...they are just numbers! Why can't you be one of the 15 lucky ones? Why not?

I am praying that you will be in that group and go on to be an inspiration for the rest of us.

Diane
Unread 03-10-2002, 06:42 AM

Amy,

I just wanted to add a hug to you also and let you know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please try hard to focus on your body getting better -- not just on some number rattled off by the doctors. I think as a society we are WAY too number oriented. God has a plan for your life, and it is the same that it has always been -- it just isn't the plan you had envisioned. I will pray that you will have not too rough a time with the treatments and that you will be in the group who can look back in a few years a proclaim a complete cure!

Please keep us all posted, and ask questions if you have them. I have been through radiation (external only) and some chemo as have many other ladies here, and we all will be glad to help you out as much as we can.

Joanie
Unread 03-12-2002, 07:33 PM
((((AMY)))))

Oh Amy, sweetie, When I read your post I just had to reply. Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!! I want you to know that numbers are just that, numbers!! Nothing more. I had a number placed on me one time. I didn't even get a percentage mark after it. They told me 6-8 weeks. That's it. The Dr. shook his head and said it's time to get your affairs in order. I started planning as soon as the words came out of his mouth, but I was only 26 years old, single, no responsibilities but myself. Wasn't alot of planning to be done. Then I looked at the Dr. and told him that he didn't have the last say in this matter, God has a plan for me, and I refuse to accept the fact that it can be accomplished in 6-8 weeks. So we went on from there. All I could think about was the number 6-8 weeks. but you know what? My brain kicked into gear. I started telling myself that I would not give in, I WILL NOT give up. Still 6-8 weeks ringing in my ears, for days. I was put on every prayer list that I could find, people were praying for me all over the country. I went about my business, 6 weeks came and went, my church had special prayer for me, 8 weeks came and went, at 10 weeks the dr. did a ct scan and my tumors were starting to leave, by threes!! 6-8 weeks?? Yeah, that was almost 18 years ago!! I now have two children that I was never supposed to have because of mega doses of chemo and radiation. And I'm 44 years old.
Amy, I said all of that to say this. I know that itls hard, I know that you're scared and worried, but please, don't give up the fight!! Refuse to give in to this, even when you think you can't go on with the fight, know this one thing, WE ARE ALL HERE FIGHTING FOR YOU, LIFTING YOUR NAME IN PRAYER and BELIEVING that GOD can and will touch you with a healing touch. MIRACLES DO STILL HAPPEN!!
We love you Amy, Healing HUGS coming your way,
In Christ,
Susan
PS: Email me anytime if you want to talk: [email protected]
Unread 04-06-2002, 12:34 PM

Hello there, just wanted to add my prayers and hug too. I do believe there is power in prayer, and I no you'll over come.

God Bless You,

Missy
Unread 04-06-2002, 03:37 PM

I also want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Unread 04-07-2002, 02:03 PM

Amy

I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts too. I just know you can be in that 15%
s

Belinda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register