I wont miss - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Re: I wont miss

Lets see.....

Wearing pads that feel like diapers for 2 weeks at a time, and the hemorrhoids that come with them.

The disappointed look on my Husband's face when he hears me rip the paper off the pad a week after I get off my period.

Having to wear undies because I haven't been able to use tampons for about 3 years.

Sitting in the fetal position wrapped around a heating pad and trying to decide which needs it more, my belly or my back. I almost bought another one, even thought about stealing the one under my snake cage.

Cramps that felt like back labor.

Severe abdominal and back pain continuously.

Painful sex, I hope!

The dread every year between pap and getting the results, wondering if the precancerous changes to the cervix came back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Someone mentioned cleaning out the panty drawer. I didn't even think about that! Now I can throw away all of my nasty "period" underwear. I love this post, so I keep coming back. When I'm having a bad day, like today, this thread is a reminder of why it was worth it & this time the pain is temporary.
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:24 PM

I wont miss..... wearing pads eveydy for so longthat it felt weird when i didnt. I was on seasoneque for 2years to "treat" my endo. HA! I was only supposed to have 4 periods a year. Sure 6 to 8 week long periods with maybe a week in between. Then it would start all over again! I will definitly not miss that. I wont miss having to change vacations because i counted days erong when it scheduled. (Actually had to do this this year for our 15th anniversary!) I wont miss painful sex or having to CONCENTRATE over the pain to even have an "O"! I so wont miss telling my kiddos "no we cant go swimming cause mommys tummy hurts too much" the list ciuld go on &on&on........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2013, 10:25 PM

Sorry about typos .....typing on my nook.
Unread 08-11-2013, 11:31 PM

I won't miss waking up at 3 in the morning from an excruciating pain. Like the doc told me when I went to see him for the first time in March time, 'you have been in pain for 28 years'. So this year 2013, is the first time ever no pain. I am enjoying this last 3 months, pain free. Wohoooooo. Definitely no regret ever!!!!! 😁😍😃😎🌹🌹
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:37 AM

- getting shots to stop the bleeding
- having only a few days of rest before "Aunt Flo" visited again
- taking iron pills
- not being able to wear anything I want - for fear of a bleed through
- buying EXTRA strength durable pads and tampons
- migraines during every cycle
- having change of clothes handy
- ruining my favourite lingerie, bed linens, etc
- always checking calendar before booking weekends away, holidays, etc
- having 'my body' run my life
Unread 08-12-2013, 03:19 AM

Speaking of ruining bed linens , any tips on how to get blood stains out? My last bout of heavy bleeding really wreaked havoc on my favorite quilt. I loved what bravesfan said about throwing stained undies away! Doing that today!!
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:06 AM

I have used peroxide in the past
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:21 AM

A girlfriend and I dubbed our period as "the fury" lol yes won't miss dealing with that! And the vacation thing for sure! Happend when I was in Las Vegas and while we were at a water park... Never again!!!!
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:51 AM

I certainly will not miss the amount of money spent on pads and tampons, constantly having to stay close to the bathroom in case of a gush, the pain that would incapacitate me for 1-2 days, the ruined romantic vacations, the list keeps going. Excellent thread!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register