Funniest anesthesia laced, drug drunk, things you said or did post op? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Funniest anesthesia laced, drug drunk, things you said or did post op? Funniest anesthesia laced, drug drunk, things you said or did post op?

Unread 09-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Re: Funniest anesthesia laced, drug drunk, things you said or did post op?

When I had cholecystectomy several years ago I came out asking the nurses to bring me my skis from the cedar closet in the basement. Every time I'd drift off and wake up I'd ask about my skis.

I had been skiing exactly one time as a child and have never owned a pair of skis.

When I first mentioned the hysterectomy to my husband after a serious conversation he ended it by reminding me to bring my skis this time so I don't have to bother the nurses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2013, 02:08 PM

I posted on Facebook that I kept falling asleep in the pool after surgery. I still don't know if that was dilaudid induced or autocorrect got me. I also started answering work emails as soon as they gave my iPhone back to me. I got a text the next morning from a coworker telling me I was "working" at 1 am and I should have been resting. I had to send a company wide email apologizing for any emails that I sent in my dilaudid/morphine induced state.

Tip...disconnect your work email from your iPhone before surgery
Unread 09-20-2013, 06:39 AM

I apparently said to my dad "I'm useless as air" the nurse was cracking up to the point of snorting. And I had a funny conversation with the Pink Panther (keep I'm mind the pink panther does not speak) I have zero memory of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2013, 06:57 AM

My husband LOVES to tell people about me waking up from this. I am an elementary school teacher and usually have my manners in check...not that day! I was slightly potty mouthed re the pain levels and the fact that I felt that no one was listening to me when I told them that it felt like someone was sticking a knife through me still! Totally embarrassing to face the nurses who were on shift that night, although we did laugh together about it
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:47 PM

Apparently my husband asked me if I wanted him to bring anything and I said " yes, bring me a crocodile please!," don't know where that came from, and as for sending text messages, my son is called Chris, and I texted him, hi, I'm ok Christ !!
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:59 PM

Not as amusing as last time, but In post-op when I'd briefly come to on the diludid I kept telling the nurses not to worry about me, but to go take care of the babies. There were no babies there.

Going up to my room finally they asked if I could scoot from gurney to bed by myself and I said "sure, I can walk home!" As soon as I moved and the pain hit I started sobbing and begging them not to make me walk home. They didn't.
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:23 PM

When they took me up to my room from recovery they took all of my vitals etc. After about 20 minutes I asked the nurse if she was almost done and she said she was done and she would help me get into the bed from the wheelchair. And it began:

Me: "I'm not getting in the bed-I'm going out to smoke"
Nurse: "You just had surgery and need to get in the bed"
Me: "This chair fits in the elevator easier than that bed will"
Nurse: "You can't leave the floor"
Me (being pushed to elevator by hubby): Wanna bet?
Nurse: I'm going to call your doctor
Me (as elevator door opens): Cool, tell me what she said when I get back

Apparently she DID call my doctor (at home) who told her to leave me alone! LOL
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:13 AM

Sadly I don't remember Operation Day much. But the evening before I had promised my mum to call her as soon as I knew what time I'd go in. They gave me that Happy Pill before I found out the time. Obviously I forgot to call my mother - when she called me and asked: what time? Me: What do you mean? It's eight o'clock now. Mum: no, what time tomorrow? Me: why tomorrow? What's happening tomorrow?
Unread 11-27-2013, 04:54 PM

Hi all. I got mean in recovery. I'm embarrassed. I refused ALL treatment (even oxygen) until they would allow my better half in the room. I was writhing in pain & was swinging at the nurses when they came near me, so they let her in. I agreed to a smidgen of dilaudid & apparently felt as if I was going to faint (I'm a fainter). She says that every time I would begin to doze off I would begin to repeatedly scream "Faint!" She never screams @ me but resorted to this "U are not fainting!" I guess I got scared & stopped. We were placed in a room with another family & within 1/2 hr they asked to be moved. Since I can't take narcotics & only had Torodal I was being loud & obnoxious w/ my requests to walk, go to the bathroom, etc. If this family ever reads this, I'm so sorry & hope u accept my apology.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register