This is so hard...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This is so hard...... This is so hard......

Unread 03-13-2002, 02:53 PM
This is so hard......

Today, well the last few weeks really have been so hard I'm sorry to be whining again but I knew you guys would understand. I can't talk to anyone much about this, it's putting a huge strain on my relationships with people. They know I'm sick, they are just so frustrated that I am getting sicker and am still waiting for some resolution. Well aren't we all? I'm lucky I have 2 good friends, but I don't want to wear them out
I have had an escalation of symptoms but am still waiting for another week before I jump through one more hoop - my tilt table test. Hopefully then we will know more and if I don't get a firm diagnosis he is at least going to discuss how we treat this.
The anti-inflamms are just not cutting it enough, they help and I'm a lot worse without them, but they aren't the whole picture.
I guess because it's one more test, more waiting time it makes this worse. I know I have to stay strong and even though my DH has been pretty good he is NOT coping with this at all. He of course has not been well (his heart problem earlier in the year) plus the strain of taking on full financial responsibility for the family. That he can cope with OK, but the not knowing, the waiting for tests and treatments, the strain on us all is starting to take it's toll. My DD has virtually gone into her shell and is so upset over this..........she has puberty to deal with and not a nice one at that, as she too has had problems with heavy bleeding, clots and rashes/illness etc after sun exposure. I'm there for her most all the time, but it's those days when I'm crashed out and she has no-one to talk to that are the hardest for her. I don't have family that she can call upon and it's breaking my heart to see her like this. I know I have to be patient..........but how much more can a family withstand without breaking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 03:48 PM
This is so hard......

Lily: I understand your frustration- you NEED to vent, i know it helps me. Lets pray that this test will show you something. Hang in there- i know its tough. We are all here for you ! 's

Susan
Unread 03-13-2002, 04:38 PM
We are totally here for you my dear....

:cry: I'm so sorry things are so hard. I wish I lived closer so we could comfort eachother....vent....compare notes etc. I know exactly what you mean when you say you don't want to 'wear' your friends out Mostly, I just put on a happy face...and the problem with that is they think I'm OK when I'm really not.

Boy, could our DH's talk....My guy has been AMAZING....but I know that this on-going pain, and the unknown is really getting to him. My not-working etc. If your dh ever wants to chat via e-mail....I bet I know someone that he could talk with

Sweet Lily....I'm sorry for rambling away on your post. I guess what I'm trying to say, is "I understand." I know how lonely all of this can be...and we are always here for you.

You are such an incredible lady...always here for us....lean on us now....

I hope and pray these tests will reveal something that can be fixed ASAP so you can start feeling better.

Keep in touch, and let us know how you are coping....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 05:12 PM
This is so hard......

{{Lily}},
I'm so sorry you are having to go thru so much
I do understand tho all to well. Me and my DH separated a few months ago, our relationship had been strained for awhile. He wasnt very good at emotional support me and he sure couldnt understand the pain and the toll it has took on my life. I pray that things work out for you all. I'm here for you anytime you want to talk or just vent...
Unread 03-13-2002, 05:18 PM
This is so hard......

{{{{Lily}}}}
I'm so sorry for all you're going thru. This really is tough on our families too. I don't have children, only dh, so I can only imagine that it's doubly hard for you my dear friend.

We are here for you whenever you need us. We do understand. Our shoulders, together, are very large, so whine and cry and scream all you want to us Lily.
Unread 03-13-2002, 08:55 PM
This is so hard......

Lily, I too know how you feel. I feel sometimes it's all I talk about. I do have one very dear friend. Who asks all the time how I am doing. And sometimes I am the one who doesn't want to talk about it. I am in a battle right now also. To do the another surgery or not! I know I need to but right now the timing is not there we are expected to go to Las Vegas, in mid April. And since it is another 6 in incision. I will need every bit of 6 week to recover. I am so sorry I am whining now to you. I feel so helpless lately. I am sooooo depressed. I feel for you, as one of the ladies wrote in earlier post, I wish we lived closer. So we could all get together. And instead of drinking our sorrows. Take our meds. and talk all night! I am praying for Lily, God is near and will take care of our family! Love. Jos
Unread 03-14-2002, 04:19 AM
This is so hard......

Lily, I know that you have been through so much this
year. It must be frustrating and disappointing that you
still have some undiagnosed and unresolved medical
issues. You mentioned before that your mom and I
believe a sister had medical problems that were also
undiagnosed. I really admire you for seeing so many
doctors, researching conditions, going through so many
tests, trying various treatments, and still offering words
of encouragement and guidance for sisters here at
hystersisters.
I am hoping and praying that you will finally have
some answers and solutions. Your daughter has your
genes, so you are trying to find some answers possibly
for her as well as yourself. There may be times that you
feel you are not there for her emotionally, but you
really are going to help her tremendously in the future
with this medical information.
The going is tough right now. You are doing what you
need to do, so please don't be so hard on yourself.
Here's sending you some hope and hugs!!!!
Unread 03-14-2002, 04:55 AM
This is so hard......

Lily ~ I'm so sorry sweetie! I truly hope this upcoming test will provide the answers you need. I think I could deal with the pain a lot better if I just had a clear picture of what was causing it. I am sure you feel the same.

I have a wonderful husband, but also feel so guilty for always complaining about my health. It always seems to be ME, ME, ME. I guess God made him patient for a reason! I also feel guilty when I feel too bad to go biking with my daughter or participate in some of her activities - which seems to be often these days. Please feel free to vent here anytime and know that my prayers are with you dear.

Sending many 's

Lisa
Unread 03-14-2002, 07:59 AM
Your partner in whine...

Hey, Lily, of course you know we are here for you. But I know how it feels to always be having problems and really wanting to be able to report good news here to offer support and courage to our sisters.

Maybe this will be our year to get better. I'm taking a dr. and test rest right now cuz I just couldn't drag myself to one more dr. and get the "look."

Here's hoping the next test is the one. Sending Linda
Unread 03-14-2002, 08:28 AM
Boy, we are quite a bunch aren't we?

:cry:

I know exactly how each of you feel. And you all know how I feel. We're on this road together - and we've always got each other.

I know about Lily's ordeal, Kimmers problems, Judesters life/problems, CASUE's battle, locki's issues, Susan's trials, Jos.B's laments, SHERI's losses -- I'm familiar with all of you and follow you all like good friends should -eventhough I've not seen ANY of you!

We should share here.

I hope everything works out Lil. And I know you've been thinking that you're wearing me out! And it's just NOT true! You're guilty of that too, Jude. So am I. Don't ever think that.

I've been "scarce" the past couple of days because I'm revelling in my new found freedom. I've fired most of my doctors and did so in a very public, scathing, liberating way! I flushed all my meds down the toilet and sang Sheryl Crow's "A Change'll Do you Good" while I did it. I put my house up on the market, found a much smaller one, and put my affairs in order.

This pain will NOT rule me anymore. Nor will my doctors. This is *my* life and I won't be chained to the medical community anymore. I'm going to learn to deal with this pain as if it were a bill collector. I'll pay it when it's due, and ignore it when it's not.

Anyways...I just wanted ya'll to know that I luv ya all,and I'm wishing you well and hoping the best for you.

PS- SHERI I'm going to call you tonite! I promise....it's just been really wierd around my neck of the woods for a while.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register