Binder out of stock, need alternative | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Binder out of stock, need alternative Binder out of stock, need alternative

Unread 10-02-2013, 12:01 PM
Binder out of stock, need alternative

Can anyone recommend a different belly binder since the HysterSister store does not have the middle size available. I have surgery on the 15th and need to get something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Re: Binder out of stock, need alternative

Did you doctor specifically suggest one? Any "Home Health" store in your area should probably sell something like a binder. I haven't used one at all - and everything seems okay without it.
Unread 10-02-2013, 01:12 PM

I bought mine at a home health company before going to the hospital and took it with me. It was a great help keeping things supported and made getting up out of the bed, walking around, and sitting in the chair easier. The home health company should be able to measure you for the proper size needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2013, 01:18 PM

I used a maternity Be Band. You can buy them at Target and they are less than $20. It worked quite well.
Unread 10-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy2013 View Post
I used a maternity Be Band. You can buy them at Target and they are less than $20. It worked quite well.
Darn it! I was at Target today, never thought to look there.

I am going to wait until my pre-op appt and see if they say anything about it, if they don't offer them at the hospital then I will grab one of these from target, as long as they are available in Canada anyhow
Unread 10-02-2013, 02:12 PM

No I have not been told by my doctor to get one, but after I had my gallbladder out last year I think it will help. I walked around for about a month holding my stomach, I felt like I needed the support. A binder would gave made me feel supported and my friends would not have wiried I was in pain. They were constantly worried that I was hurting but all I actually needed was extra support. So thus time I know it will be worse and want to be prepared.

I never thought of going to a home health or of looking somewhere like Target. Why is it we try to make everything difficult? LOL.
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:18 PM

My general surgeon put me in mine before I woke up (had 3 hernias repaired at the same time as hyster), and it's been a godsend. I have since gotten two more from the clinic as well as bought one from a local pharmacy. The ones she has at clinic are 4 panels, and pretty long on my short torso (I'm 5' tall) and the one I bought has 3, so it's shorter and more comfy, but I notice while I'm working right now I need the support of the longer one. At least until the swelly belly stops effecting me.
Unread 10-02-2013, 08:15 PM

Just a tip, ask your doctor if they'll be providing one for you at the hospital. My doc never mentioned it until I asked and then told me the hospital would have one for me.
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:23 PM

My pre-op is on the 9th so I think I will wait to purchase (now that I know where to look, Thanks for the tips!). I'll ask my doctor if they will give me one at the hospital.

Thanks for the replies I don't feel that I have to rush to get this one more thing. I think I'm getting a bit anxious and it is showing itself as a need to shop and be prepared. Who am I kidding... I just love to shop!
Unread 10-02-2013, 11:45 PM

I asked the nurse to have Dr write the order. No problem. Your insurance will take care of it

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register