Does This Sound Like Anyone Else? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does This Sound Like Anyone Else? Does This Sound Like Anyone Else?

Unread 03-19-2002, 07:13 PM
Does This Sound Like Anyone Else?

I have high BP but its ok with meds...doesn't seem to be tied into the face.
I have noticed when I really have to peeee... then I flush up. But I can be sitting watching tv and cool and then next thing, all or 1/2 my face will get bright red and hot to the touch. When its 1/2 its weird - you can draw a straight line on my face... one side cool and white and the other hot and red...

I guess I will get drugged for the colonoscopy. I hope they can fix something.
I am returning next month to the uro that I blew off to see if there is any reason I should go to him. After all the money and pain, would be nice to be dry!

My sister is 2 yrs older than me and not one sign of menopause. Me, at 47 - a mess.............. go figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 04:56 AM

Hi again! I'm working on day three of this darned headache and waiting on a call from my internist. Something has to give here......

As for the colonoscopy, I had Versed and Demerol and never felt a thing even though he told my husband he could see why I was in pain. Very narrowed intestines in some parts (couldn't get the scope to advance very easily) and the bowels are all looped and tied down. I was grateful that I was

The prep was definitely the worst part and I was very about this. You'll do fine. Good luck on your tests....I hope you get some answers.

Lisa
Unread 03-20-2002, 10:51 AM
turning red, and hot to the feel

This is strange, and when I came across this I said thats me. My face not the whole face but cheeks, even sometimes my arms, turn red and hot.

It even goes on to my chest sometimes, My Bp, has been up since surgery and now cholesterol and triglycerides.

And never had this before, Woo Hoo! what next?

and never can be without the pantieliner
you know cough, laugh, sneeze,[pee]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 10:52 AM

Yup me too, or bend over or squat down.........
Unread 03-20-2002, 11:58 AM

I dont get the flushing stuff...not at all.
but I had my wee-wee fixed with a fascial sling and still have to wear pads all day. You would think you would get a money back guarantee or a free repair if this one doesn't work!
Unread 03-20-2002, 12:52 PM

here! here! It should come with a warranty shouldn't it?
Unread 07-01-2002, 11:26 PM
Re: one side of face

I am not a medically trained person, but your comment about one side of your face being affected made me think of a problem called Horner's syndrome.
No sweat on one half of his face, one pupil is constricted. It is from damage to a nerve, in the neck area I believe. Actually I have read that a number of Ice Hockey players have it after being hit in the neck with a hockey puck. There is a nerve in the neck that apparently affects the eye, and sweating on one half of the face.

Anyway as I said I'm not a medical person and can't give advice but I thought I'd throw it out there for you to look into on your own and with your doctors help. I know I spent ages worrying and wondering what a symptom I was having was... and it took me 3 doctors (NO help at all!) and about a year of searching the internet until I finally typed in the lucky search words and found my answer! Not thrilled that it requires surgery to fix mine, but thankful to finally have an answer! Best of luck to you!

Horner's syndrome http://www.rush.edu/worldbook/articl...008000179.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Horner's syndrome (hôr"n*rz) is a condition that affects one side of the face. The pupil of the eye constricts (myosis); the upper eyelid droops (ptosis); and the eyeball is set deeper into its socket than usual. The skin may be red and lose the ability to sweat on the affected side of the face. Horner's syndrome is caused by paralysis of the sympathetic nervous system in the neck. This condition may result from various rare nervous disorders, occasionally from shingles, or sometimes from nerve compression caused by a tumor in the upper chest.
Unread 07-01-2002, 11:39 PM
bowel blockage, kinks, adhesions, etc

Possible other problem to research is rectal prolapse not much is said about this one -it is NOT rectocele, it is a prolapsing of the rectum itself it can cause terrible constipation/blockage, aching, mucus, fecal leakage/incontinence etc. Not saying anyone here has it 'cause I'm not a doctor but it's worth taking a look at if everything you've been looked at for just ain't it and your still having terrible troubles. (in which case I recommend the following !)

Just my :twocents: I am not medically trained, nor giving advice, always check with your doctor.
Unread 07-02-2002, 04:29 AM

THANKS will check into the info you sent my way. Even if it is not that syndrome, at least I know there is A LOT of things it still could be and not just merely me being nuts! lol
Unread 07-02-2002, 06:55 AM
Niacin

This is a very interesting post. Good research by longwindingroad.

Have you recorded the food you eat and journaled the events? What supplements do you take? Maybe the symptoms are caused from seperate things rather than just one problem.

My mom used to take mega doses of Niacin. Her face would turn bright red from it. It was taken for her blood pressure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register