Does This Sound Like Anyone Else? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does This Sound Like Anyone Else? Does This Sound Like Anyone Else?

Unread 07-02-2002, 12:33 PM
Does This Sound Like Anyone Else?

I take estrogen but the red face was before that...I do take BP meds - hmmm.....trying to think if it was before those. Good point. I am grateful for summer so that I can get color on my face and body so when I do RED it looks like severe sun burn and not a freak.

Right now I am struggling with gastro probs...not sure if GB or what.........it never ends does it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2002, 12:47 PM
very informative post

its good to kno im not alone, but sorry so many of u r having problems. tina
Unread 07-08-2002, 01:22 PM
Feeling for you

Gosh, what a difficult thread to read and understand, how frustrating to have all this going on and no real progress as to what is the culprit. I have to admit I was going to mention the shingles aspect, as it does affect one side only, causes eye problems and nerve pain and is reactivated under stress conditions, so a hyste would certainly qualify to setting it off. Any one who has had chicken pox can get shingles and you can get it more than once.

The other thing I was going to suggest is I think an endocrinologist ( hormone whizz ) might be able to sort out the cause, effect reaction syndromes that often bamboozles other doctors. My aunt had lupus diagnosed by a hormone dr. after she had almost every test imaginable for all sorts of disorders.

For pain relief, I think I would be looking at relief from the opposite end, if your whole intestinal tract is suffering why put more medications through it? Ask about suppository pain relief and see if it would be beneficial.

Hoping there will be some solutions and improvements soon, please keep us up to date when you feel able to. thank you, Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2002, 08:07 PM

Thanks for all the info and the support.
I was in the ER not only for GB but for severe leg pain. Have no clue - they think it could be sciatic nerve pain...but weird all things are a mess on the one side only.

Anyway, due to go to gastro and to get a shot in my sciatic self.
Will report any progress - I hope I have.
THANKS
Unread 08-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Face Turns Red

Hello All,
I am new to this but I have had this problem and I found you all. When I work out in the yard or walk for a time. My right side of my face turns beat red while the other side is pale. The pale side seems to be more sweaty then the red side. I have went to my Doctor (nurse pract) and she has no idea what I am talking about. I have video tapped my face to show my gyno dr. To see if he can figure out what it is.
I have a history of Crohns and I went through this thing called eurthonordosum (can't spell) that went on for 7 months, They have no idea how I got that. I fear it is my heart that is doing this. My mom's side of the family (the girl's) all have cardomyophy, so I wonder if it is my heart. It is weird to see someone has the same thing I do.
Unread 08-16-2004, 08:22 PM

Hi ((((Valerie)))) I'm so sorry you've been dealing with all these issues

While I do not have any answers for your problems, I did want to send some s your way and to wish you the best of luck. I also wanted to mention that I have a similar problem: I have this problem where my face will turn beat red, but the flush will stop at my neck. And my face gets very, very hot when this happens.

I've noticed that it tends to happen either when I've been in the sun for a while (but it's not a sunburn: the flush will go away once I cool down... and there is none of the sting that accompanies a sunburn). It also happens if I've been drinking, even very small amounts. And stress or embarassment (I'm very shy and am easily made uneasy in situations where I have to speak out) are also very likely to trigger one of those flushes.

While I've never had the opportunity to check my BP when these flushes occur, I always have the impression that it's way up at those times. And I do have a problem with wildly fluctuating BP.

Sorry I do not have answers for you. Hopefully, someone will come along with some insight. And, please, do keep mentionning the problem to your doctors: there's got to be an explanation for these symptoms.

Sending lots of s your way. Please keep us posted.
Unread 08-17-2004, 04:48 AM

Hi LaurLaur....I just had to add my I too suffer from the flushing and red cheeks. My diagnosis was "rosascea". Has anyone mentioned it to you? I still have problems with it, however, I had a special laser treatment done to it last year and it's a bit better. I flush just to the neck...stress or worry, certain foods, anxiety,alcohol, hot flashes all make it worse. There's alot of info on the net about it. My dermotologist actually did a biopsy to rule out lupus. Just an idea.....
Unread 08-17-2004, 06:50 AM
Hi Dany

Thanks for your kindness. I do have an appointment with my neurologest on Thursday. He is going to check my heart run blood tests ect. It just might be a symptom of lupis. My Mom seems to think so. I had a total hyst in 1998. So I am not sure if that is the cause. Oh well we will see. It is funny to think more people then me have this and no one know's what it is. At first I thought it was harliquin syndrome but reading futher into that it is not.
I am so glad I found this site though. Thanks ladies for being here.
Unread 08-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Rash mystery maybe solved?

Hi,

I am sorry for all you are going through- believe me I can relate! I too had the blotchy red skin- especially after showers and where my watch was. My dr told me it was a form of "skin writing" - I thought he was crazy! Anyway, he told me it is an over abundance of antihistimines and put me on allegra. Might help????
Unread 08-17-2004, 05:42 PM

Rosee: Rosascea is one of the possibilities I'm investigating (I plan to mention it to my doctor when I see her, next week). I read an article about this condition, and the symptoms were very, very similar to what I'm experiencing. However, it's interesting that this may be a sign of Lupus: I never thought of mentionning this problem when my doctors were doing all the testing for the arthritic pain I've been complaining about

(((Valerie)))) If the problems you're having turn out to be a symptom of Lupus, your hyst could be, indirectly, the cause of it: Lupus is an autoimmune disorder and autoimmune disorders can be triggered by a trauma... a hyst is a trauma to the body.

(((helium))): I do get a bumpy rash under the face of my watch and I thought it was ecsema so I've been treating it with Hydrocortisone. It works. I've never heard of "skin writing"... guess you learn something every day!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register