Leaking urine? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leaking urine? Leaking urine?

Unread 06-26-2000, 01:14 AM
Leaking urine?

Hello. I had already posted this on the other board but when I found this one, thought it might be better posted here. I am 10 days pre op from a vag hyst, and had to have an abdominal burch bladder repair, and A&P repairs due to complications during the TVH. I guess I was lucky enough to have both procedures. I have been experiencing some leaking before I use the restroom. This is a little embarrassing, but I wondered if anyone else has had this. When I am laying down, or keeping my feet up, before I get up I "dribble" some urine with a little blood in it. I have found little stains on my sheets and on my pad during the day. I can feel it dribble, but I kept thinking it was because I was laying down. This has been happening since about 4 days post op. Is this normal? I know there is supposed to be some discharge, but I'm not sure if this is discharge or urine related. Looked up fistula in the search, but it seems most women got this around 2 weeks post op. Any advice would go a long way to easing my mind. I went into this surgery for help with stress incontinence on top of bleeding problems, and would hate to think it didn't help with the incontinence. Once again, thank you sisters, for helping me through this whole thing.

Love,
Marie
San Antonio, Tx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2000, 05:57 AM
Leaking urine?

Hi Marie - I didn't have anything done to my bladder during surgery, so I'm really not sure I can help. You are only 10 days post-op, so perhaps what you are experiencing is normal. However, I think that you should put a call in to your doctor's office. You mentioned blood and urine together. Definitely call - if for no other reason than your peace of mind. And please let us know how you are feeling later today.
Unread 06-26-2000, 07:35 AM
Leaking urine?

Had a vaginal hysto and bladder susp in 1999. Started the dreaded leakage 8 weeks after surgery. Ugh went in for another susp just last week, this time with the cut. I would discuss this with your doctor, although sometimes it may be because of the cath. Hope everything works out for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2000, 04:49 PM
Leaking urine?

You need to call your doctor, a fistula can develop at anytime after a hyst. It all depends on the type of injury your bladder sustained. Please don't put this off. Mine started out as a little dribble after I used the bathroom, then a week later the flood gates opened and I knew I had a real problem. I am not saying you have a fistula, but you should not delay getting checked out. Try to see where on your pad your staining is, I noticed early that it was in the usual place that my period mess would be. And I though oh no it could not possibly be coming from my vagina.

I just feel that if it is caught very early in the game then it has a better chance to heal up on its own without a repair.

Let me know what your doctor says... good luck
[Edited by Sue35 on 06-26-2000]
Unread 06-26-2000, 07:06 PM
Leaking urine?

I called my doctors office and the nurse told me this was normal. I am still in the healing stages. Now I'm not so sure. Should I insist on going in? She make me feel as if it was no big deal and this was a pretty common thing. I'm sorry to come here, but it's after office hours (again) and I am not sure what to do. Thank you

Love,

Marie
Unread 06-26-2000, 09:08 PM
Leaking urine?

You know my doctor just kept prescribing me antibiotics until I REALIZED the urine was leaking from my vagina. You know your own body, go with your gut instinct about it.
I don't want to scare you, and I am sorry if I did. But it couldn't hurt to get seen.

Take Care
Unread 06-27-2000, 06:19 AM
Leaking urine?

Maybe you could call back, and tell the nurse you aren't sure if the urine is leaking from your vagina or not. At least you may get in to see him. That way you'll know for sure if it's something to concern yourself with.
Unread 06-27-2000, 09:06 AM
Leaking urine?

I went to Dr. yesterday with a terrible burning in vagina area, I posted here thinking it was a yeast infection. Dr. tells me yesterday that it is urine in my vagina. I have been complaining of burning since end of feb. 2wks after hyst. So now i am off to see urologist. best of luck to you .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register