FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

Unread 11-21-2013, 06:57 PM
FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

So let's have some funnies. Since we are all bored out of our minds. Let's discuss how we handled today. What did you do today?

Me: DAY 8

• Went to bed at 3 AM (Still can't sleep well)
  • Woke up at 11:30 AM

Today's excitement was:

• Moved back and forth from the Recliner to Couch
  • went online (laptop/ipad)
  • made myself a sandwich for lunch
  • Lounged on Recliner with Ipad/TV
  • then back to the couch on Laptop/TV
  • Then walked my main floor five times
  • Back to couch.
  • Watched my Husband make Lasagna for dinner
  • Showered
  • Back on Couch

Ummm, that's about it. Anyone else have a more exciting day? Oh the boredom.....tomorrow I venture out for a grocery trip for the first time since surgery. I'll drive and come back home and go back to the couch. I'm sure that will be enough for the day!

What did your day look like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Re: What did YOU do today?

Lol, enjoy the art of doing nothing, I think it's great that we can be lazy without feeling guilty.
I too pretty much did what you are doing for the first 4 weeks. I am still feeling tired on my 6th week and I believe it's a long journey .
Unread 11-21-2013, 09:09 PM

6:54 am got up to get kids ready for school. Put a load of laundry in to wash. Did breakfast dishes. Packed sons lunch. Drive kids to school. Came home and ate an orange and fiber one bar. (Constipation still an issue...) vacuumed the upstairs. ( I know- the worst offense of post-op. I have two dogs and wood floors... It's pretty serious. I have a Dyson, it's pretty light!) took a shower.(This is oddly exhausting so I do it every other day.) put clothes in the dryer. Took chicken tortilla soup to my best friend who had just separated from her lousy husband- stayed and visited for 1 1/2 hours. Came home and collapsed in recliner in front of ID DISCOVERY channel and napped for precisely 48 minutes before I went to get my youngest son from school. Came home and walked dogs- one at a time, because they are both big and strong- walked a total of 1.4 miles (it's 11 degrees here today, so walked fast!)
Came home made spaghetti for supper and folded laundry. Went to the store for salad and French bread. Went to pick up oldest son from wrestling practice. Fed the family. Did the dishes. Played words with friends for awhile. Tucked in my youngest son and his dog. Let the other dog out. Let him back in. Put on Pajamas, brushed teeth, and told husband at 9:20 " I'm going to bed!" His response: " what? Already?"
The moral of the story is that in a few weeks you will prob be doing alot more than you want to/ should... Lol
Relish your quiet boredom. You need it! 😴
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2013, 09:21 PM

I did something SOOOOO stupid last night that today was a *complete* waste.

I live in Southeast Alaska and we had our first BIG Winter Storm of the season ... well, the snow was going to change to rain and then freeze again quickly ... so to keep the stairs safe...

I shoveled.

O M G I will NOT do that again anytime soon. Today feels like I'm back in week 2 again. I really hope by resting and being smarter I can regain this week's recovery momentum that WAS going so well!

Arrrggggggg ... so mad at myself.
Unread 11-21-2013, 10:09 PM

Today I showered, went to my docs to get my staples out, dropped a note off at work, dropped prescriptions at the pharmacy, grabbed lunch while waiting for prescriptions, picked up a few things at the dollar store for the kiddos, got prescriptions, came home and napped with the heating pad for 2 hours. Visited with my kids for a few hours, had dinner, watched TV and now am playing games and reading on here while resting with the heating pad. It's 9:05 here and I am almost ready for bed. Thankfully I am staying at my mom's so I don't have to cook, clean, or do laundry and she is here to help when my kids are here.
Unread 11-21-2013, 10:20 PM

Oh wow. I am at a loss for words. You all are running circles around my lazy tushy!!!! I gotta pick it up a bit. At least tomorrow I can say I left the house when I go to the Supermarket! Maybe I'm taking this "pampering and babying" a little too far LOL.
Unread 11-21-2013, 10:40 PM

I don't think it is possible to over pamper the princess. I didn't feel like I did too much while I was out but now I am beat and spotting. Hopefully tomorrow is a quieter day but I am guessing another doctor appointment may be in order since part of my incision split open tonight.
Unread 11-22-2013, 01:49 AM

Yesterday, I pretty much mostly lounged in bed. I got myself my meals, which were simple. I was in a lot of pain yesterday because I overdid it the day before that by going to my son's orchestra concert. Changed my pad 6 times. Grr!
Unread 11-22-2013, 03:11 AM

Yesterday I got up, did the whole breakfast, shower routine, made lunch for my DD, and then got her off to school. Relaxed on the couch waiting for my DH to come home to take me to my post op.

Got to have lunch out which was nice, went to my appointment, and then came home. DH had issues with his phone so he took off for Verizon and I too my DD to her piano lesson. Got cleared to drive so woo hoo freedom!! Although I was totally exhausted afterwards.

Today my MIL is taking me to breakfast.
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:36 AM

I love this! It's great to see what we are all doing in comparison between the types of surgeries and when. It helps me to not feel guilty relaxing too much. My day yesterday -

6 am got up with hubby and my little guy. Made him breakfast and got him off to school, DH left for work. Relaxed on couch surfing the web, had breakfast.

10:30 - headed upstairs to throw some items in the wash and get my clothes ready to dr appt. took shower and got ready

12 - left for appt (mom drove me)

1. Saw dr, got staples removed. Then headed down the street to Joann's just to get some items for Christmas crafts and decorating.

3:45 - home to find a full meal on my porch - baked ziti complete with sale and garlic bread. Picked eggs from chicken coup.

4:30 - in my pjs and on the couch. Reviewed homework.

5:30 - heated dinner for myself and little guy and back on couch.

Pretty much just stayed on the couch rest of night watching tv and drifting in and out.

Today - SORE. Plan on staying in pjs and on the couch. Got my bead order in yesterday so I can sit and work on my moms bday gift. If I feel up to it, I would like to work on my necessary thank you cards for everyone who has sent food for me over the last week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register