FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

Unread 11-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Re: What did YOU do today?

Carpathias-
On day 9, I wasn't doing all the running around I'm doing now! Heck- I had to stand at my sons dentist appt ( no chairs for moms bc they don't really want them in the room but my son was scared) for 45 minutes on day 7... I bled for the first time after that. I didn't drive or vacuum until day 11. It really goes back and forth... One day I get alot done and the next day not so much. Don't run around too much! Add on slowly. Good luck at the store and DON'T CARRY TOO MUCH AT ONCE!! At 3 weeks I got my arse kicked by milk and Gatorade. Seriously- it was not cool. Make several trips carrying or don't buy much. Those groceries are killers!! 👎
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2013, 10:26 AM

Yesterday was post op day 6. I got up at 5 am (I'm military and it is programmed into my body to automatically wake up that early). I made a cup of coffee. Sat on the couch and checked email, fb and this site. Post a couple things. Went and showered and put on real clothes (yoga pants, big sweater and thick socks). Swept around the living room rug, under the bird cage, the kitchen and the family room. Laid on the couch until my daughter and grand daughter came to visit. Watched my grand daughter play with the cat toys and my stuffed animals. We went to CVS to pick up a couple small things (daughter carried the things while my grand daughter held my hand). Stopped at McDonalds and got lunch. Came home and ate what I could. Tried to get the baby to lay down in grandma's big bed with me, but she wouldn't have it. Got up and curled up in the recliner. Baby and I fell asleep, me for about 30 minutes, her for 1.5 hours. Tried to play with the baby for a while. Finally daughter and grand daughter went home. I laid on the couch (after picking up the toys). Went to bed about 9pm, couldn't go to sleep..I think I was over tired...until 11pm.
Unread 11-22-2013, 10:34 AM

Woke up, unfortunately, about 4 thanks to the cat. Went downstairs and took care of the cat and made a cup of coffee. Watched a little tv. Got DH up about 6 for work. Showered and put on "real" clothes (leggings, tank, sweater). Took DD to the bus stop.

My MIL called me to go out for breakfast. Met them about 10:30. Done with that by 11:05. Went to Walgreens. Splurged on the People Sexiest Man Alive magazine (love Adam Levine). Got some treats. Home now and in my sweats and watching Lifetime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2013, 12:33 PM

Gosh, you are all running circles around me! I've only been out of the house 3 times in 18 days!
My normal routine looks like this:

8am - wake up, drink coffee, surf internet for a couple of hours.

11am-ish - Eat something easy and/or microwavable. (Bleh.) Watch a little TV while I eat.

12 noon - back to bed. Read/rest/nap

3pm - shower (every other day), try to get a few things done around the house like dishes, bills, laundry. More internet surfing. (I'm kind of addicted.) Maybe more TV or reading.

6pm - Fix something for dinner for hubby and me. Catch up and relax with hubby after he gets home from work.

8pm - Do the dinner dishes, clean up kitchen, feed the doggies.

9pm - Possibly more internet surfing (told you, I'm addicted!)

10pm - Bed to read and fall asleep.

Pretty dang exciting!
Unread 11-22-2013, 01:03 PM

Kimmo8
I am right with you
I have ventured outside (other than taking my puppy for a pee,) twice. Each time I was exhausted and sore. Not done too much around the house. A little laundry and dishwasher a few times.

Today I did some Christmas wrapping which involved sitting on the floor. I got quite sore and grumpy so took an hour nap.

I seem to be able to "over do it," easily, and for someone as busy and energetic as myself normally, this is frustrating.

Wow, sorry for the rant.

I have felt pretty good overall compared to what I was expecting.
My normal day looks like:
Wake up at six with alarm and hubby ensures our son is up for school.
Lay in bed and hubby brings me a coffee, where I chill for a bit with puppy.
Get up have something to eat then take a shower.
I am not a tv watcher so have been knitting and reading.
Maybe some laundry or light cleaning.
Make lunch.
More knitting.
Puppy playtime and pee breaks.
Think about and at times prepare supper.
Lay down on couch with hubby and sons.
Off to bed between 9 & 10.

Wake up and start over

Next week I hope to feel less uncomfortable and be able to drive short distances to get out more, and be able to sit upright for longer.
Unread 11-22-2013, 01:08 PM

Just the going out for breakfast and quick stop at Walgreens (one hour total) tuckered me out. Came home, stared at my magazine and then took an hour nap!
Unread 11-22-2013, 01:18 PM
FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

Day 11 TAH. It truly is 2 steps forward, I step back. Have 10 teenage boys here for 2 nights. We are a host house every year. They are good as Gold. Cleaned little yesterday-spotted a tad. Today walked a little further than normal-about half mile. Spotted a little. Don't really feel that I am overdoing it-maybe spotting is just part of healing. Good to see where everyone is in regard to activity! Oh and I shower 2 to 3 times a day--not too hot--but feels great on incision/belly!
Unread 11-22-2013, 05:24 PM

Im 3 weeks out, week 2 I went shopping and to the pharmacy and to the bank and drove my son to school, did dishes, cleaned the floors, vacuummed.... Week three, in pain, spotting and been in bed most of the week. uuugh.. but hanging in there. about to take a drive to visit a friend, very briefly, maybe 15 mins, then back home straight a way!
Unread 11-22-2013, 05:28 PM

Well YAY for me! Today was the first day I went out!!! I managed to drive to the Pharmacy and then Walmart for TWO hours getting things for Thanksgiving. I most definitely did too much because now I am paying for it. The pain has returned. Too many pushes, twists and bending. I'm so stubborn thinking that I can do it and not have to pay for it. Thankfully my Son was with me to help.....but I still did too much. Hopefully tomorrow I can go back out for a little while but keep myself in check with what I do! One day at a time.....

I'm feeling fabulously AWESOME in a fantabulous way that I managed to get out and see the light of day today!!
Unread 11-22-2013, 05:35 PM

I love hearing everyone's days! But at the same time it makes me feel so lazy! You Ladies are amazing. All that running around! Even without the Surgery I wouldn't accomplish 1/4 of the things you have done WITH having done the Surgery! You all are bad ***!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register