FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

Unread 11-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Re: What did YOU do today?

Today my husband thought it would be a great idea to go Christmas shopping while the kids were at school. 5 hours....2 Toys r US's, 3 Best Buys and 2 Targets later I barely had the energy to pick everyone up from their 3 separate locations. Frozen fish and fries for dinner and now my tush is planted on the sofa until further notice. On the plus side....Christmas shopping is done..whoo hoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2013, 08:21 PM

I like this thread, because it really focuses on the positives. I'm 4 weeks today. I started walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day at a low intensity & no hills. This week I have also picked lemons,done laundry & cleaned out closet & drawers for donations. I take daily naps & go to bed at 11pm.
Unread 11-22-2013, 09:02 PM

Today I watched some guys replace my living room windows in the rain. Then, I watched my security installation guy replace the sensors on the new windows.

Afterwards, my mom and I went and upgraded our phones. Followed by early christmas shopping. I'm exhausted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2013, 09:27 PM

Today, I was tired...
I did the usual Friday morning thing: up at 6:45 to start laundry, pack lunches, get breakfast, do dishes. Took my 15 year old to school at 7:30 for his algebra study group and returned home. I put the laundry in the dryer and had a cup of coffee before taking my 9 year old to school at 8:00. When I returned home I sat and net surfed for an hour- just couldn't get up. I'm having that third week healing pain that seems worse than two weeks ago and it's beating me up! After web surfing I showed, dried my hair, got dressed and vacuumed. Then I sat some more and played words with friends. Then I had soup for lunch and dozed on and off until it was time to get my youngest at 3:00. I went to the clinic to give a UA at 4:00. Afterward I went home and folded laundry. I delegated the dog walking today because I simply could not do it. I went to pick up my son from practice at 5:45 then stopped at the grocery store where I purposely bought nothing heavy... I put groceries away and put frozen pizzas in the oven. Watched a movie, tucked in my youngest, left the dishes in the sink, and went to bed!!! I'm beat and sore all over! Tomorrow is another day!
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:12 PM
FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomezcamp View Post
I like this thread, because it really focuses on the positives. I'm 4 weeks today. I started walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day at a low intensity & no hills. This week I have also picked lemons,done laundry & cleaned out closet & drawers for donations. I take daily naps & go to bed at 11pm.
Have you walked throughout the whole recovery? I am day 11 TAH-walked about half mile this am-spotted a little but otherwise felt fine. Curious of your walking habits before as well. Yhanks and glad you are doing so well!
Unread 11-23-2013, 02:24 PM

Three days post total/lap. Got up around 9am. Went downstairs. Changed out the dishes in the dishwasher and ran a load. Made egg sandwich. Daughter clamoring for bacon but neither myself nor hubby wanted to take that much time cooking. Went back up to bed for a bit. Can only sleep in hour two hour increments it seems, though at night i can get six. Start feeling light headed if up too long. Hubby put the lights on the tree and kids were going to help decorate it. I went back up to bed for a bit, hubby not happy with that...was hoping i would at least watch them decorate but as i said..i get dizzy when up for more than a half hour/hour. Wish kids would stop bickering and getting into trouble. They are 10 (girl) and 13(boy). I feel bad not being up more but i can get much more comfortable in bed with being able to put pillows around me and such. I know people will start resenting my resting soon. I don't need people to think i am milking this recovery. Kids are going to have to get themselves ready and off to school next week. That will likely entail a lot of yelling. There is no way to only take care of yourself.
Unread 11-23-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqboo View Post
Three days post total/lap. Got up around 9am. Went downstairs. Changed out the dishes in the dishwasher and ran a load. Made egg sandwich. Daughter clamoring for bacon but neither myself nor hubby wanted to take that much time cooking. Went back up to bed for a bit. Can only sleep in hour two hour increments it seems, though at night i can get six. Start feeling light headed if up too long. Hubby put the lights on the tree and kids were going to help decorate it. I went back up to bed for a bit, hubby not happy with that...was hoping i would at least watch them decorate but as i said..i get dizzy when up for more than a half hour/hour. Wish kids would stop bickering and getting into trouble. They are 10 (girl) and 13(boy). I feel bad not being up more but i can get much more comfortable in bed with being able to put pillows around me and such. I know people will start resenting my resting soon. I don't need people to think i am milking this recovery. Kids are going to have to get themselves ready and off to school next week. That will likely entail a lot of yelling. There is no way to only take care of yourself.
HONEY!!!

You are only 3 days out. It typically take 6 months to feel back to yourself!

I am 3 weeks and 2 days. Yesterday I got up and showered and did the dishes and made someting to eat. I was up for an hour and went back to lounging. I get up to use the restroom and help my 9 yr old when he needs it otherwise, I have STILL been lounging. Although I did sit up at the computer for while also yesterday..vs laying down with it... I drove for 30 minutes yesterday evening, to a friends house and only stayed for 15 mins.

This morning I was in horrible crampy, throbbing, stabbing pelvic pain and was spotting pinkish brown for 5 hrs.. It seems to be settling down now. I hope!

I wanted to go to the dollar store, but I think I will have to save it for another day!

Take it easy!

I went to wal mart a couple times in my 2 week and paid for it dearly!
Unread 11-23-2013, 04:31 PM

Jacboo
You are so right! Moms never get a day off... It's super hard to need the time OFF and not have it. Please at least rest while they are gone. I always plan a nice nap while nobody is home... Because you know when they come back, you are required to be up more than you feel like it. Fortunately your kids are old enough to help... Don't feel badly about assigning extra chores to them for awhile. Let them know you really need their help- kids don't seem to get that unless you tell them. Moms are regarded as somewhat bulletproof by their kids. It's a coping mechanism, I think.
The dizziness lasted about a week for me...prioritise the chores that you do each day. Don't overdo it!!
Unread 11-23-2013, 06:46 PM

Everything says to rest for two weeks...i haven't been allowed to rest for even two days. Feeling like i shouldn't have done this right now. Course that is too late now. I thought family would understand. Kids keep coming to me first for everything. Hubby not happy that i spend most of the day in the bedroom. I give up.
Unread 11-23-2013, 06:50 PM

@culkin- before surgery I would walk 3x a week 30 minutes at a 2.3 pace. I have an incline trainer so I would do a normal incline program. I just started walking this week 30 minutes 1.8 pace straight treadmill.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register