FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

Unread 11-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Re: What did YOU do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msbeverlyb View Post
I just came home yesterday. I walked from room to room and looked out each window. That was exhausting.
I hear you!! Stay well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2013, 03:23 PM

I actually got out of the house by myself today went to Michaels for some items for decorating and stopped at grocery store for some light items. My little guy carried everything into the house for me. I was only out for about 2 1/2 hours but then came home and crashed. I figured it would be a good judge of how to plan for work on Tuesday. Thankfully, I have the luxury of leaving whenever I want to. So, if I get 2 hours in, I will be happy with that. Which will still leave me with plenty of time to come home and take a nap before school,gets out.

As for the boredom, I'm actually getting ahead on some Christmas presents and planning to start on ornaments and christmas cards pretty soon.
Unread 11-24-2013, 04:07 PM

My sweet hubs took me to a holiday art/craft faire, then we had a late breakfast at a favorite local cafe. Nice little outing! So GREAT to get out of the house for a bit! Back home now, and into my post-hysterectomy uniform: yoga pants, long sleeve tee and fuzzy socks. Thinking it's time for a nap...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2013, 04:19 PM
FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

Today is day 31! Today I am relaxing on the couch. Watching Hallmark movies. Using the tablet to keep up with word games. My husband vacuumed, my son did the dishes, my daughter came over and we made Chex Mix. Yeterday I was sore and spotting, after doing too much the past week. Today I am back in recouperation mode, reminded that I still need to take it easy!
Unread 11-24-2013, 05:42 PM

I had a laparoscopic total hysterectomy with removal of tubes & ovaries. So far feeing better than expected. Had a shower, talked to a few friends, had a nap, and let my guy take care if things. Oh & learned that two Tylenol 3 is way too much
Unread 11-24-2013, 06:19 PM

Well, tomorrow I go for my first post-op checkup! I am feeling pretty darn good. I have been for about five days now. I am elated that the pain, soreness and toots have pretty much subsided. Amazed actually. I think I am still forgetting that I just had the surgery because I am going along my days doing whatever. I carried some groceries, took a bunch of pans out of the oven, cooked dinner for the first time...went to get gas, some light driving around town etc. I am able to bend with no issues and it seems I am ALMOST back to what I was capable of doing before the surgery HOWEVER., just because I may feel good, doesn't mean I am healed inside. That for sure can't be so. So I know that I am being stubborn about pushing myself and doing things that maybe I shouldn't be! <3
Unread 11-24-2013, 06:47 PM

Today i am post op day 4:
I woke up and grabbed a yogurt out of the fridge and ate that with the Fiber One Cereal my husband portioned for me. I spend most of my days on the couch with a tray table over my lap so that my cat doesn't lay on my belly and "make biscuits". Today was the first day I haven't taken pain meds every 4 hours. I walk to the mailbox and back twice a day and sit up to eat at the dining room table. I took a shower without any problem. The chair I had my husband bring into the bathroom helped greatly. I got out of the shower and sat down to dry off. My husband helped and he's been a trooper. I take my usual meds and an added stool softener. I haven't had any bowel issues or discomfort. I hope my swelly belly goes down. I'm fairly thin so hate this big belly I have. I'm 38. My total abdominal hysterectomy pain was the worst pain I've ever felt post op. It's amazing the difference 4 days makes. Thursday I couldn't even move in the hospital bed. Friday upon coming home, I started crying while trying to lie down in my bed. Now.....after just 4 days things are already better. I knew my surgery day would be the worst day. From that day forward, it should (and has) only gotten better. Baby steps.
Unread 11-24-2013, 06:54 PM

Mrs. Bucket., it does get better That's for sure! I would say the first five days were the worst, now I feel fabulous. OK not fabulous but no pain, almost no soreness (only random times here and there) and I am up and out and about. Another few days and you will want to get out of the house. But just don't overdo it. You may feel better, but you need lots of time to heal.
Unread 11-24-2013, 07:02 PM

Carpathias-
You sound like a different girl than just a few days ago!! Good for you!! I'm so glad you're doing so well... Don't get crazy, now!🏇🎿🚵
Unread 11-24-2013, 07:06 PM

I know, right AMYLOUISE73! It's amazing. I started this thread and you can see the difference already from my first post I do feel pretty darn good. But I will try not to be stubborn and overdo it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register