FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

Unread 11-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Re: What did YOU do today?

TODAY I bought new panties!!!! You know the ones that will never have a stain of blood in them. And since I have lost weight I purchased two new bras also. It felt so nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2013, 05:30 AM

Small victories!
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amylouise73 View Post
Hazel-
You are infinitely fortunate. I am jealous!! Lol... Most of us don't have that kind of attention at home! Enjoy it for us! Just make sure you walk around alot even if you don't DO stuff- it's important to recovery. Happy healing!! 😎
I am def blessed to be married to my best friend for 39 years! I have been walking on my treadmill really slowly. Thanks for the advice! Happy Healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2013, 11:26 AM

Yesterday I went to a church function for 2 hrs. I could not tolerate those hard metal chairs! I had to alternate between standing, walking and sitting! I also walked down to the mailbox and got the mail. Today I drove to the bank and the Dollar store. For some reason my hips are really sore, I also feel like I might be getting a bladder infection. I sure hope not, so I am back home pushing fluids and About to finish a book I've been reading.
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:19 PM

AMY - I was in and out in 15 mins. He said that I am doing well. He didn't check "in there" at my stitches or how it's healing inside. He will do so on my next check up next month! He looked at my belly and he said the incisions are great and almost healed. He said I was THISCLOSE to having to switch from robotic to abdominal incision...because of my weight. He said everything went well and he was very precise and was able to keep me with the robot..but that I was VERY lucky that he didn't have to convert. He said the Uterus came back with Atypical Cells but no Cancer...so that is great to hear! He also said he wasn't going to touch my Ovaries. They are enlarged and filled with cysts (I have PCOS) and I had asked about a Wedge Resection on them because my Endocronologist had stated that it may help with the PCOS but he was not for that. He said cutting into them would be risky and could cause bleeding.

So.....anyway, I guess so far so good! I was shocked that he didn't look inside. When the Nurse/Asst brought me to the room I started taking off my pants and she said "oh no, he checks at the 6 week mark" I said "Oh" I just read so many others that had them checked on their first post op that I presumed he would too!

Thanks for checking in on me!!!! XXOXOXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amylouise73 View Post
Carpathias- how did your appointment go? Everything ok??
Amy
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:38 PM

Carpathias-
Good deal!! Glad you're on schedule and healing well! My doc did a quick internal exam at 4 weeks and it left me sore- glad your doc waited!
It sounds like God was watching over you: alot of near misses on things that could have impacted your recovery alot! You are blessed, girl! I really like hearing that one of the sisters is doing well!! Stay safe and don't lift cases of soda or gallons of milk!! Lol... Just saying... It's BAD!! 😳
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:49 PM

Drove for this first time in 3 weeks yesterday, and met a friend for lunch. Then, got cocky and went to Trader Joe's and another grocery store. I had them bag everything very lightly, so the bags wouldn't be too heavy...

Annnnnd, I'm paying for it today. Feel horrible. Cramps, back pain, cooch pain, fatigue AND a bad attitude!
(Although the shower I just took did help some... )
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:08 PM

Today i finally feel like i slept..(first time in 4 days) i was up at 9:30. I read fifty shades of grey (my excape from reality). Went to the doctor for 6 follow up. Everything looks good. She gave me the ok to go back to work...did little shopping and home...still after 6 weeks Im tired...
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:17 PM

Day 6. Got up at 6:30 felt great for 5 hours, then bam light headed and had to lie down. Just been chilling with TV.
Unread 11-27-2013, 11:43 PM

Hey Coto Lady - I also feel food & then bam - have to lat down for a bit.
I am day 7. Hoping by next week when it's time to drive I will feel like it
Happy Thanksgiving!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register