FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

Unread 12-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Re: What did YOU do today?

Im 5 weeks and theres no way I could go back to work now. I only work 3-4 hrs a day, but Im a lunch lady for a very large high school, and I have bend , lift, twist, wash and carry huge industrial sized pans..... push carts full of trays of boxes full of food. I am having issues just walking as it is. My R hip and groin are KILLING me. I hope it goes away, its bad. I know some pelvic muscles, nerves and ligaments connect to the hip, but I didn't think it would be this bad. If it doesn't go away I will be disabled. My life ruined. I know Im supposed to think positive, but its in the back of my head, it hurts so bad.... what will I do, what about my kids? I just keep praying and getting out and walk around for a little while every day, but its hard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2013, 10:16 AM
FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

To 'the lunch lady'.....I had such intense back pain in the 2nd week that I thought I was crippled. I actually went to the chiropractor, which im sure would not typically be recomended, but this chiropractor is a lady and she treats the body as a whole. She was gentle and worked on my muscles. After 2 visits I was able to get out of my chair with little effort. I am in my 6th week and have had groin pain for a week now. This new pain began in the 5th week. This surgery is a weird thing. It affects our body both physically and mentally. I am not a profession medical person just speaking from my limited experience and am thankful for this web page that has helped to slow down and accept that I need time to heal.
Unread 12-04-2013, 11:14 AM

Got out of bed, helped hubby get kids ready for school. Coffee and a smoke. Got into a shower. Hubby came back and I made us some sandwiches. Laid in bed a while, then decided to cook a pot of spaghetti. My first time I cooked since op. Felt so good. Hubby got kids early as schools closed 2day. Looked at the reports. Kids all passed. Dished some lunch and lazed around and surfing the web and chatting to friends and family on my phone, while hubby left for afternoon shift @ work. Played with play dough with my 4 year old and watched some tv. Hubby came home earlier than full shift. I'm laying now relaxing. Bed time is soon. I'm having a good day today. Very little pain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanabanana View Post
To 'the lunch lady'.....I had such intense back pain in the 2nd week that I thought I was crippled. I actually went to the chiropractor, which im sure would not typically be recomended, but this chiropractor is a lady and she treats the body as a whole. She was gentle and worked on my muscles. After 2 visits I was able to get out of my chair with little effort. I am in my 6th week and have had groin pain for a week now. This new pain began in the 5th week. This surgery is a weird thing. It affects our body both physically and mentally. I am not a profession medical person just speaking from my limited experience and am thankful for this web page that has helped to slow down and accept that I need time to heal.
thank you soo much for your reply.. I am hoping for the best, but I have never felt anything like this, so I have had some worywart thoughts and feelings.. praying for all of us here !!!
Unread 12-04-2013, 06:19 PM

Have listened to the food I ate ON SUNDAY continue to gurgle its way aimlessly around my guts with apparently no desire to find its g/d way out. I suppose it'll turn into a diamond if I leave it in there long enough.

Continued to attempt to recuperate from the extremely mean cold I got on Sunday that has set me back into week two territory.

Continued to barely refrain from losing my temper loudly and at length about this, as if it will do any good.

Continue to DROP MERRILY WELL BELOW ANY HEALTHY WEIGHT because I have zero appetite and can't trust the food I manage to choke down to ever see the light again! Who knew hysterectomies could be used to get down to French fashion model weight? Someone should tell Hollywood,
Unread 12-04-2013, 06:54 PM

LisMorris & Bornacrone hang in there.
Unread 12-05-2013, 12:17 AM

I cooked a garlic potatoes and eggs for breakfast, played on Facebook for an hour and answered emails, I was lazy and did not shower, went to the dog park with Henry and let him play and I waddled around for 2 hours, went to the store to by cloves to make pomanders, ate shrimp jambalayas at Popeyes which I never do but my Mom made a turkey pop pie and had friends over and I can't eat it because I am gluten and dairy intolerant, came home and we all talked, watched a 2.5 hour movie but I was too tired to make pomanders, and now it is 11:15 and I am wired up for the night and I don't want to sleep and have a dr apt at 8 AM. What was I thinking last month???
Unread 12-05-2013, 03:46 AM
FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

I woke up early did a little laundry, life cleaning, cooked dinner early, ran a few errands, came home n relaxed, my surgery date was the 11-13-13 and I have really been feeling great, I'm even sleeping longer, so I'm feeling really thankful n blessed praying you ladies are healing good as well ;-)
Unread 12-05-2013, 09:46 PM

Been feeling more and more liked i did before surgery. Could probably go back to work if i wanted to but told clients it wouldn't be until mid January. I am still often tired and unmotivated...i think a combination of the weather, time change with it getting dark at 5:30, and general depression from feeling miserable for so long. Really hoping for a rebirth of myself soon Slept until 1pm. Did some dishes and laundry, made dinner tonight. Sat on couch watching tv court shows...lol.
Unread 12-06-2013, 08:22 AM

I had an early morning Dr appointment, what was I thinking. I stopped at two stores, and by the time I got home at lunch I was exhausted! I took a 3 hour nap, and cooked a light dinner, watched TV and actually went to bed at 10pm! I have decided to do no more than 3 things a day for this week and take a nap. It seems to work miracles for me, I kept up with my Tylenols and I was comfortable all day! Yea for self care! Tonight I could probably drive to a meditation class, however I chose to accept the rides offered, that is new for me!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register