26th March - 1 year ago today ..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

26th March - 1 year ago today ..... 26th March - 1 year ago today .....

Unread 03-24-2002, 01:29 PM
26th March - 1 year ago today .....

Well, it is one year since the Dr called me and informed me that I had cancer. Where has that time gone ?

In the past year , I seem to have experienced every single emotion that there is . From fear, sadness, total grief to joy .

I cant believe that it happened to me and I still have those days when I think - ' why me ?' I am still scared that it will come back, sometimes to the point of paranoia.. but I have to try to let that go and think that I have as much chance now of getting cancer as anyone else. It is not a pleasant thing to have happen to you but sometimes I wouldnt change it for anything. I have learnt from this experience and it has made me who I am now.

I take time to ' smell those roses'

As for physical side affects- well I have some but not to the point of not being able to cope. The dilator is a curse that I will have to live with forever, but what a price to pay for my life .......

To all of you facing this , you will get through it and you will survive. You must try to be as positive as you can and there will be those days when you think ' I cant do this, I cant go on' but you must. Have your cry for as long as you need , then get up and say ' I am a survivor'

To those of you who have been beside me while I travel this path - a big thankyou , for without you all I couldnt have done it . My love to each and every one of you x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 04:01 PM
You are an inspiration!

Thanks for sharing with us something that is so personal so deep in hopes to help others who have had to travel down this road. Cancer changes you thats for sure......and I am beginning to see that some of the changes are for the better. Congrats on your life anniversary....celebrate! I am so glad I found this site and learn of courageous women like you!
:
Unread 03-24-2002, 05:02 PM

Thank you for sharing your journey. It helps me alot to know that other have been through this and come out the other side.

Your support has been so valuable and I wish many many more happy "anniversaries" for you.

Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 05:16 PM

Ditto....Robyn.....
I could not have said it any better!
Congratulations as you dive into your first full year of wellness!!!

To all the Ladies...

What character we have......
What strong women we are.......
What survivors we have become......
Unread 03-24-2002, 06:31 PM

Wow Robyn, a year already, and what a year its been for you.
You are indeed an inspiration to everyone, and I wish for you another 100 years of wonderful health and happiness!!
's to you my friend!!
M. xoxo
Unread 03-24-2002, 06:44 PM

Hi Robyn
I can so identify with all of the emotions you have experienced this year!!
What an anniversary! I am sure you have discovered strength you never knew you had. Thanks for being such a supportive, encouraging friend.
s and s karenann
Unread 03-24-2002, 10:26 PM

{{Robyn}}

That was beautifully said, my friend! And oh so true! You've come such a long way in the last year, I applaud you and your strength. I just know even though we have our up days and our down days, we're all gonna make it and beat this!!!

You know, you post made me think and I realized that we have a little more in comon. I got the call about my evelated blood work the day after my birthday two years ago. So, with our time difference, that works out to the same day, do I have that right? Whew! its amazing how time flies.

So, lets all absolutely take that time to smell the NOT EVER because we aren't positive but because WE ARE!!!!

{{hugs}}

Vicki

P.S. now, don't be forgetting the 'ng
Unread 03-25-2002, 03:02 AM
My dear friend, Robyn~

I remember when you got that news. I am so glad that this year has turned out the way it has and that you came to America to celebrate YOU! What a wonderful support you are to so many. You have a very loving heart and the grace of an angel, Robyn. When I count my blessings, I count you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 03-25-2002, 05:57 AM

Dear Robyn--

Thanks so much for your posting -- it was just what I needed to hear. I am scared to death about my appointment tomorrow, but I will keep telling myself, like you said, that I am a survivor and I will get through this with the Lord's help. You have been such a wonderful friend throughout all of this and I wish you much more good health in the future.

Love always,

Cyndy
Unread 03-25-2002, 09:56 AM
Dear Robyn

Congradulations on your One Year Milestone

I am so glad you are doing so well.

You have been such a blessing to me and to all the women who visit here. You're our very own

I just saw this and wanted to share it. Author unknown.

"Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace."

"Your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace."

You are someone who has shown us grace through your trials and triumphs.

God Bless you today and always.

Shelley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register