I could only share this here... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I could only share this here... I could only share this here...

Unread 03-24-2002, 02:18 PM
I could only share this here...

I have been terrified of the prospect of sex, and was frankly relieved that at my 6 week check up the dr. had to take care of some granulation and told me to wait another week. But really, I was most afraid that I had lost the ability to orgasm along with my uterus and ovaries... I had been searching this site for just that kind of information... there was a lot!!! You ladies are great. From all your sharing , i found it might be useful to take things in my own hands(blush, so to speak) And Joy, Joy, the parts are still doing just fine!!! You cannot believe how relieved I am, and so much more looking forward to the "deed." So ladies, do not stop talking about the things that seem too"private" to share. You have no idea how much better I feel about myself thanks to all your brave,humorous,candid posts!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 02:27 PM

I saw my doctor last week on Monday (5 weeks). He treated the granulation and my 6 week mark was yesterday. My husband and I had a great night! Took it slow and easy. I had no discomfort and the orgasm was the same as before. I did have a little bit of spotting but my doctor had warned me that it could happen the first couple times we had intercourse again. If your doctor has given you the "go ahead" for sex, go for it! Just take it slow and easy.
Unread 03-24-2002, 02:30 PM

You know what? You won't loose the big O (I tested it out a few days ago...shhh)! It wasn't as intense, but I have also read on here that that is common and it usually comes back after a few months. The one question I have (this is an embarassing one too, so I'm right there with you) is are you ladies the same as before as far as your "own lubrication" goes or do you need KY jelly etc????? I'm not even close to doing the big thing yet, but I was curious as how all that works. Okay....I'm all red now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 02:32 PM

I had plenty of lubrication and did not need any KY. I have kept my ovaries so I'm not sure how it is if you are taking hormones. Keep a tube close by just in case.
Unread 03-24-2002, 02:42 PM
Great

that is good to know about not needing any KY jelly! I kept my ovaries too.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Unread 03-25-2002, 08:17 AM
Ok O the Big O

I really can't beleive I'm telling this but if it helps you out then it was worth the red cheeks I have right now. I to was very worried about the Big O. So I did a little test and well no problem. My husband just said I worry to much. Everything will work fine. Take it easy and everything will fall into place. Love and Prayers Suzanne9
Unread 03-26-2002, 09:01 AM

suzanne....I too am severely red faced. Checked out the merchandise myself, and was overjoyed to find the big O still there and remarkably still the same!! The actual deed coming up next week does not seem so scary now since i wont have to worry about THAT...Your honesty is so very appreciated, and helped me so much..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register