I need a hug | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-25-2002, 05:52 PM
I need a hug

I just needed to come and post this so I can get it out of my system. And I knew you wonderful ladies would understand my concerns.

Back in December, I had a vulvar biopsy which came back fine (it was painful though--on my inner labia). A few weeks ago, another strange-looking spot showed up and the doctor wanted to biopsy it, but I had bacterial infection at the time, so he couldn't. Well, a couple of days before the appt, it disappeared. I was thrilled! No spot, no biopsy. Well, unfortunately, it came back and so the doc wants to go ahead with the biopsy. It kind of looks like a piece of very white skin that has gone crazy and is overgrown. He said that since it fell off once, it makes him feel better about saying that it's probably nothing really bad, but that it should be biopsied. I go on April 19th. I'm so worried about it--I hate the waiting. Mostly, I hate pain. The xylocaine always stings so! It's so frustrating to have this stuff keep popping up. I know he thinks it's probably nothing, but I hate it that I have to have it biopsied because of "my history".

I just needed to whine a little bit. I'm so grateful that, to date, everything has been precancerous at worst, but I'd like to be able to go just a few months without having to be cut on again for something .

Well, thanks for listening. It's always nice to have someplace to go. 's to everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 06:17 PM
I need a hug

Oh Jeanine, I sure wish I was in beautiful Indiana to give you one in person. I truly do x x .

Sometimes you just get so sick of it , dont you. Like it is going to be there for the rest of our lives but your Dr sounds really thorough and I am sure he is on top of it . And I know you are doing everything you can to fight this . You will win !!!!!!

Jeanine, you come here anytime and whine and cry thats what we are here for .

Now here is another You hang in there Jeanine . I am keeping you in my prayers and asking all my friends in heaven to pray for you x x x
Unread 03-25-2002, 06:49 PM
I need a hug

Hey Jeanine,
Hugs all around for you Jeanine......
Any ache or pain gives me the shivers, as a matter of fact now that it has been a year since my diagnosis, I feel I am even more of a mental case then I was during my treatments.
Hang in there....I am sure all will be fine!
Valentina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 06:51 PM
I need a hug

I know just what you mean. You would think we have had enough of our share, wouldn't you?

Hang in there. I'm sending a prayer for you.
Unread 03-25-2002, 07:10 PM
Hi Jeanine

I'm sorry you are going through more frustration, fear and pain.

Here's a big just for you.

Gee, I'd like to say this doesn't sound familiar. I had a vulvar biopsy too. And yes, it hurt.

I hope this is all you need and that it will be okay. Hopefully your doctor is right and that it will be nothing to worry about.

My little white spot needed to come off. Luckily for me they did it the same time as my hysterectomy. It is still healing but was not as bad as I thought. Once again waiting was the worst.

I hope I am not out of line by mentioning this. Just wanted to let you know I'm here if you need any more support with this.

I will that it will be okay though.

Unread 03-25-2002, 08:43 PM
I need a hug

Hi Jeanine!
I am so sorry to hear about your worry. Waiting truly is the pits. If you can, try and put it out of your mind until right before the biopsy. (I know, easier said than done) But I consciously try to not let myself worry until right before an appt. After all, you've done all you can for now. Just let your mind drift off to . We do need a mini meet.
s and s karenann
Unread 03-25-2002, 09:48 PM
I need a hug

{{Jeanine}}

Oh hon! Big 's for you! I know this all gets so old and the waiting in between is so hard. I haven't ever experienced this test but I'm sure its not real pleasant. One of those necessary evils we all have to go through to make absolutely SURE we stay healthy.

I hope the next few weeks go by quickly and that the biopsy won't be too hard to handle. Please know we all have you in our prayers and we'll be here for you any time you need.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 03-26-2002, 04:32 AM
I need a hug

Jeanine, just a thought.... not sure if it will help but when I had my laser done my gyno suggested taking a strong pain med an hour before. Maybe you could try this before the biopsy. and another big
Unread 03-26-2002, 01:44 PM
I need a hug

((((Jeanine))))
I am so sorry you are going through this! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that this turns out to be nothing to cause you worry at all!!
Hopefully the time will go quickly so you can be in and out and have your answers quickly.
Hugs
Maria
Unread 03-26-2002, 02:00 PM
{{{Jeanine}}}

's to you, dear one. I know what you mean about being sick of it all. If I never had another Dr.'s appointment it would be too soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register