April 1st, 2002 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

April 1st, 2002 April 1st, 2002

Unread 03-27-2002, 08:20 AM
Time of Surgery

I am supposed to be at hospital at 5:45 am for surgery too - Pacific Coast time.

I need/want to be awake enough to watch the NCAA basketball final (on TV) through my drugged-up fog at 6 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2002, 08:45 AM
April 1st, 2002

I am in Atlanta and will need to report to the hospital at 11am for a 1pm surgery. Today I have a sore throat and swollen glands. I am praying that they will go away in a couple days. I had my third pre-op today with the colon surgeon and told him and they gyn about it yesterday. They said I need to let them know by the weekend if I need to cancel and that a fever would be the reason I would need to cancel. So far no fever I can't imagine how hard it will be to have to wait all over again for this surgery, as I had to do that once before because of ulcerative colitits. I'm thinking positive thoughts and saying much prayers. Hope all of you April surgery sisters are doing well and getting geared up for the big day of becoming a princess
I myself am ready for this and want this waiting and worrying part to be over with once and for all. My gyn said that the LAVH would take about 90 minutes for him, with excising the endo. The urologist told me her part would take 30 minutes, and the colon surgery said it would take him an hour and a half. All rough estimates, but gives my husband some idea on wait time. If I also have endo on my bladder then they will have to do it abdominally.
Unread 03-27-2002, 03:13 PM
Be there 2 hours early

I have to be at the hospital at 6 am and having surgery at 8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2002, 05:32 PM
April 1st, 2002

So many are having surgery on April Fools Day. I definatly don't feel alone. I will be thinking of all of us as we wait our turns in the early hours of that morning. I have already been promised a little extra in my IV that morning- pre surgery- to make me relax and I am gonna need it!!!!! My plans - right up to the Fleet Enema moment - is to keep busy busy busy!!!!
Best of luck to everyone!!!
Linda
Unread 03-27-2002, 09:20 PM
April Fool - Natural Hormone Replacement

Dear April Fool Club Members:

I am scheduled for a total abdominal hysterectomy on 4/1. I have two nasty (but luckily rarely cancerous) tumors - one on my only remaining ovary and the other outside of my uterus, which is causing all sorts of troubles on my leg - go figger! Fun Stuff!

Today hubby and I went to see a doctor who is "into" Natural Hormone Replacement therapy and specializes in menopause, as I did not want to go with the name brands/pharmacuticals.

She did blood work - just to get a base-line of my hormone levels before I have my TAH. She prescribed all of my hormones in a creme! Just as I hoped, I have the estrogens, progesterone and a bit of testosterone in a creme, applied like a moisturizer once per day. I have to take this prescription to a special pharmacy, called a "Compounding Pharmacy" and they will make the potion for me.

I am very excited about this course - it may be a tough road, but I am willing to try. I wasn't sure if I should post this on the hormone jungle site, but wanted to tell my April Fool Club members about my exciting afternoon!

Good luck Ladies! Have a great weekend. Happy Passover (or a Happy Easter) to everyone!
Unread 03-28-2002, 04:34 AM
April 1st, 2002

How do we find a doctor who we recommend compounding formula's. My doctor want's me to take Activella after surgery.

We all want the right medications for our situations. Don't want to be April Fool's just because we have surgery on that date

Say a prayer as this April 1st hystersister came down with a fever last night! I did all three pre-ops and a hospital pre-op, so you know I want the surgery to go on.

Best wishes again for all our soon approaching princesses!
Unread 03-28-2002, 04:31 PM
My April 1 update - what I did today

Today was my pre-op with the surgeon, hubby in tow. It went well and she answered all my questions. I can't believe how much I have learned from this website. After that consult, we went over to the hospital where I had my pre-admission tests - blood, EKG and blood pressure, etc.

Then we drove 15 miles out to a small town near us to get my hormone replacement therapy - read my post above from yesterday for details - from the compounding pharmacy.

I will have an estrogen patch while in the hospital and then when I get home, I will start on my "creme" - all my hormones in a nice lotion.

For information, here is the website - also recommended here at the Hormone Jungle: http://www.iacprx.org/

And for tomorrow??? Haircut, manicure and pedicure!

Best of luck and all my prayers for the April Fools Club!
Unread 03-28-2002, 05:00 PM
April 1st, 2002

I have to totally agree with tgt - I have learned SO MUCH from this website; I also had my pre-op visit with the doctor and pre-admission testing at the hospital. Fortunately for me, my blood count is coming up (I'm severely anemic from heavy bleeding - fibroids) so that was good news, although it's still not anywhere near normal. But I feared my doctor would either want to do a transfusion prior to surgery or postpone until my count came up - I'm on three iron supplements a day. She gave me a hug at the end of our visit and said, "We have a date for Monday morning - I'll be rested!"

ANYWAYS - I have to thank everyone on this website and especially my surgery sisters for keeping my spirits up - I know I'm not going into this alone and next week at this time, we'll be home recovering!

Have a wonderful weekend and stay strong - we can do this!!

Lynda
Unread 03-28-2002, 05:15 PM
April 1st, 2002

Doctor says I have strep throat. Will find out tomorrow if I am still able to be a part of this exclusive April Fool's club I know everyone is counting down the hours now.
Unread 03-29-2002, 07:49 AM
April 1st, 2002

My surgery was canceled today because of the strep throat. However, I will be praying on April 1st for all those in the April Fool's Day hystersisters club My doctors are trying to get another surgery date for me in about 3 weeks. God is teaching me patience. I should still be an April princess Best to all on April 1st and beyond.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register