anyone have a Radical Hyst from Uterine Cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone have a Radical Hyst from Uterine Cancer anyone have a Radical Hyst from Uterine Cancer

Unread 03-26-2002, 03:25 PM
anyone have a Radical Hyst from Uterine Cancer

Hello Sisters,

I would like to hear from anyone who and a radical hysterectomy, everything removed because of uterine cancer. I'm 40, we were trying for kids, I was 2 months late when they found the polyp and the cancer. I had a pap done every year and before the surgery, always negative. I had no symptoms and no family history of cancer. It came out of nowhere, and they say I was stage 2. They only found one ovary, anyone ever heard of that? My surgery was 6 hours, they cut nerves in my left leg. Did anyone here have that also? It is so painful, hoping they will grow back. I'm still having pain in the pelvic area and around my scar. Especially around my bellybutton. Is that strange? My doctor just put me on HRT, estratest. I've been depressed, sad and empty feeling. It seemed to hurt me more about the loss of having kids at first. Now I hope they got all the cancer. Thanks to all for all your help. God Bless ray: Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2002, 03:44 PM

Hello again Lori,
I am so glad to see you here at the Cancer Concerns Forum.
My cancer was a stage 2B as well. Were you not required any other treatment. I had radiation...both internal and external.
I am wondering where you had your surgery, being we are practically neighbors
It is normal to feel that afraid about whether or not the cancer will come back. We all experience anxiety in one way or another.
Just keep in mind that we are all here for you, and we all walk this walk together, you are never alone!

Valentina
There will be quite a few ladies along real soon ready to share their trials and tribulations. Each fascinating and wonderful.
Unread 03-26-2002, 03:50 PM

Hi there Lori, I am so sorry for all that you have been through. My cancer was cervical/vaginal , I was 42 when the saga first began.

You are certainly having to deal with alot of issues all at once but I know that you will receive the best support here and also at THE HORMONE JUNGLE great place to be when dealing with that horrid HRT and also ACHING HEARTS many ladies going through the grief of not having children Please dont ever be alone, we are all here for you , always . love coming your way xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2002, 06:39 PM
Hi Lori

I just want to offer you my support, and my ers that
you will be feeling better soon.
You have gone through alot and have alot of healing to do on several levels. My surgery was 2 hours. I thought that was fairly long. With a six hour surgery I am sure there is still alot of healing that needs to take place.
We're here for you as you learn to deal with this new stage of life.
I am sorry you were trying for children when this happened. Please allow yourself to mourn as much as you need to. I think only then can the healing really begin. And as Robyn suggested the Aching Hearts message forum should offer you some comfort and women who are also facing this loss.
Please keep us posted on how you're doing. We're here for you.

Shelley
Unread 03-26-2002, 08:33 PM

Hi Lori:

I just wanted to add my

I don't know anything about uterine cancer, but I know the fear and anxiety that goes with a cancer diagnosis. It's a big journey.

Keep posting. It sure helps me.

Prayers for you.
Unread 03-27-2002, 08:32 AM
thank you sisters

hello sisters,

Just wanted to thank you all for responding to my question. I wonder does anyone else share the same symptoms with me? I'm going for my sonogram today, hope it turns out well. God Bless you all, Lori
Unread 03-28-2002, 06:34 AM

By the way, Lori...I forgot to mention I did have some of the same symptoms. For example the pelvic discomfort, especially around the belly button.....I had numbness in my left leg at he inner thigh. I was told that that was where they removed the lymph nodes.
Did they give you a more specific grade and stage of your cancer. Mine was stag 2b....grade2. What do you mean you hav only one ovary?
Let us know how you make out at the doctor's
Valentina
P.S. Thanks for sending the pictures. I frequent the same shopping center in Bay Terrace.....
Unread 03-28-2002, 05:55 PM
Endometrial Cancer

Hi, i was diagnosed the same way you found out...Took out a polyp that was cancerous....I'm still in quite a bit of pain(abdominal) and they didn't do as much....My surgery took two hrs. and they did a total hysterectomy as well....Have an abdominal incision straight down and my right side is killing me at times...so I understand what you are going through....Hang in there it does get better...and the support of HysterSisters is great....Hugs...Fran
Unread 03-29-2002, 05:58 AM
Me too....

Hi Lori -

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer - 1B - in January. My primary care spotted polyps and suggested that I have them removed, mind you that she said having polyps didn't mean anything and "not to worry". Well, I went to a gyno to have them removed...4 days later he called me to let me know that I had a tumor on my cervix. One week later went to gyno/onco to have that removed......4 days later news of cancer......2 weeks later surgery. Like you, healthy as anything and no symptoms whatsoever.

I suffered pain in both hips (lymph node removal), normal tightness in the belly (bikini incision), and tailbone pain (ligament cut away from uterus). Believe it or not I am *still* constipated and *still* cathing myself!! My pelvic floor muscles are not wanting to relax at all. Doc says this is caused from the tissue shaving and removal.

Hoped this helped.....feel free to email me!!!
Unread 03-29-2002, 08:24 AM
Dear TMel,

Sorry to hear that you too are still having such discomfort--it's amazing how it really does take time...The concern is what to get "worked up about" and what not to worry about....I mean don't want to call the gynecologist about every little thing--but what is little....
Still having pain in my abdomen--so hopefully that will go away soon...Am supposed to go back to work on the 15th and really don't have the energy back yet, plus not feeling well...so have to see...
Hugs to you...Fran

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register