The joys of no period! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The joys of no period! The joys of no period!

Unread 01-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Re: The joys of no period

can book a vacation and not have to worry if Aunt for will show up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2014, 08:20 PM

How about no more period panties. Threw out all of my old granny panties and bought all new thongs. Lovin life right now. Can definitely relate to the mad dash in the mornings. Here's to a life without all of that madness. Cheers ladies!
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:54 PM

Forgot about that, threw out my period panties after week 2!!! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2014, 09:01 PM

Some of you have had to deal with this for many, many years, but it is relatively new to me. Up until three years ago you could set your watch by me. Every 28 days right down to the time of day (seriously), and the first day might be a little heavy but after that it was nothing. Then things gradually got real....So it was a shock to me to have to deal with granny panties, giant diaper-like pads, tampons that no longer fit comfortably , the 5.8 from the German judge (Ha!), the turn around and go home as soon as you get to work. I was ecstatic to find out I didn't have to deal with it, that surgery was on option. I thought I was going to have to deal with it another 7 or so years. I really feel for those that dealt with it alot longer than I did!
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:40 PM

Hello!

1. No more buying cute panties and wearing them then the next thing you know, your period comes. So now your new, cute, sexy panties just became period panties. They now go into the 'pile'.

2. No more tucking a tampon into your bra because you don't have
any pockets just so you can go to
the bathroom at work and not have to take your purse. Everyone knows when a woman takes her purse into the bathroom at work that she's on her period, right?

3. No more pulling out a dry tampon. Ouch!
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:40 PM

No more padding the bed with sheets and towels
No more buying ultra tampons and overnight long pads with wings
No more wearing all black bottoms.....white pants/shorts here I come!
No more requiring a car to have leather seats before purchasing
No more asking a co-worker to check my chair or backside
No more embarrassing incients
No more blood clots the size of a fist
No more blood running down my leg while making a mad dash to the restroom or car!
No more saying we can't plan that because my period will be on
AND
Best of all, throwing away all my period panties!!!!! You all know, the ones that can hold the two overnight long pads with wings and the smaller one on top in between!!!!!!!!

All Hail to a bright future with no red!!!
Unread 01-18-2014, 12:13 AM

No more having to wear 2 pairs of huge panties (one normal, one VERY tight fitting) just to have a modicum of a sense of security that the ironing board sized pads won't shift around.
Unread 01-18-2014, 04:41 AM

Hallelujah!! No More of everything you all have said. I returned to work yesterday and everyone was looking at me, I simply told them that its over, I wont ever have to deal with that again in life. 37 days straight of bleeding, running to the bathroom constantly, dehydrated, lightheaded,weak. They saw a new and refreshed me. However I drive a school bus and my tummy didnt like the bumps but I have a pillow remedy for that.
Salute to the 'NO MORES'
Unread 01-18-2014, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs CDM View Post

2. No more tucking a tampon into your bra because you don't have
any pockets just so you can go to the bathroom at work and not have to take your purse. Everyone knows when a woman takes her purse into the bathroom at work that she's on her period, right?
This. And no more making a mad dash out of the conference room in a middle of a meeting.
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:34 AM

Like Like Like... funny the things women deal with that men just could never fathom... kinda funny to think about them in retrospect, but was very time consuming when you think about it all.. the planning, the extra buying of stuff, the worry on top of all the pain and agony it brought... feeling FREE!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register