low back pain back with a vengeance.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

low back pain back with a vengeance.... low back pain back with a vengeance....

Unread 03-26-2002, 06:09 PM
low back pain back with a vengeance....

Hi ladies,
I hope you are all doing well tonight.
I have a couple of questions...my low back pain has returned with a vengeance lately. As some of you know I had the hyst in Nov. 2000, adhesion removal/incision revision in Aug. 2001 and rectocele repair/adhesion removal in Dec. 2001, after each of these surgeries my back pain disappeared for about 3 months then returned. I am also having pain between my shoulder blades and lower abdomin/hip area. I'm pretty sure the adhesions are to blame for the abdomin/hip pain but can't figure out the back pain. It hurts when I sit very long or even stand in one spot too long.
My mother keeps saying I should get tested for fibro, she has it and thinks that I may to. I do have some of the tender spots that she has and sometimes have great diffuclty just trying to get out of bed in the morning cause my joints and muslces feel so stiff and sore.
I was just wondering if anyone else is having back pain and what are you doing for it.
Thanks bunches,
Carmel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2002, 06:21 PM

Carmel- You sound JUST LIKE me ! I have the lower back pain but the "between the shoulder blades" pain is a real killer
I have the abd. pain too- i always wonder if i am loaded with adhesions.
For my back i use my heating pad- it helps a lot (sometimes). I havent found much else that really helps. I know that my pain gets 10 times worse when i have been working a lot of hours- i stand on a concrete floor (get to sit once in awhile). Another thing that helps is muscle relaxers, if you can get them. Have you talked to your dr. about it yet? If not then it would be good to get it checked.
My dr. thinks the stiffness/pain is from "tensing up" at night because of the uro and abd. pain i am having. But she wont give me any more pain meds . Go figure........
Good luck- i hope you find something that works for you ! 's

Susan
Unread 03-26-2002, 06:26 PM
Healing thoughts

Dear Carmel,
I haven't posted here in quite a while. I stop by to read once in a while and I am so sorry you are having pain. My back problems really seemed to get worse after my hyst Nov. 2000 and then again after my rectocele repair and lap for adhesions Aug. 2001. I was going to a chiropractor for a while and had some success, but then I was referred to another chiropractor about a month ago and he seems better than the first one I went to. My low back pain is much better. I had hips out of whack and my sacrum area which also, according to the chiros, effects the bladder ect. The chiro also did quite a lot of x-rays and said I have arthritis in my back and some diminishing discs. My neck and between my shoulder areas are still a problem, though, but I have been getting some releif. the adjustments can hurt for a while but then you may feel better. I wonder if I also need to join the sisters who have Fibro. My muscles are always sore, especially in my neck/back area. Some sisters say chirporactic care is painful and doesn't work. Others say it's very good. For me, I'm still giving it a try, but also plan to discuss with my regular doc these problems. After going through the surgeries I haven't wanted to see any doctors. My life is hectic, I've been working a full-time and part-time job and it's hard! I hope you find some relief. Maybe chiropractic care may be an option. It has definitely helped my lower back. Just wanted to mention it. How are things going since the rectocele repair? I'm still ok, but unfortunately seem to have stress incontinence coming back. I hate to even mention that. I wish you and all the other sisters health and healing.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2002, 07:38 PM

Thanks for your replies. I do use a heating pad for my back and it does seem to help some, but at night I have to take tylonol pm and knock myself out in order to get some sleep. I am supposed to see my doctor again in a couple of months but if things keep getting worse I may go sooner than that.
Druid, sorry to hear about the stress incontenance happening. I have thought about a chiro but hate to have my back manipulated, I don't even like back rubs the area is so tender and the thought of someone pressing there just scares me to death. My rectocele repair has healed nicely, I hardly know I had it done now, except for a little discomfort with sex once in awhile. I thought my back pain was caused from the prolapse but evidently it wasn't since the relief only lasted for about 3 months. I'm not having any incontenance but I do have bladder pain when I start to get full or if I don't empty before sex then it hurts really bad, I also have trouble getting completely empty when I go, I have to kinda move a wriggle around a little to make sure that when I stand up I don't leak again.
sending s and healing thoughts your way...
Carmel
Unread 03-27-2002, 05:46 AM

Carmel,
I haven't had to deal with the back pain so I can't really shed any light on that for you. But I did want to stop by and send some s your way. I am praying for some relief for all of us travelling this Road.
Unread 03-27-2002, 11:45 AM

Hey Carmel ~ I had just posted recently about awful back pain. It was hurting between my shoulders sometimes, but mostly it was really low and got worse when I sat down. So, I just stood in my office all day. It has gotten a little better for now. I have no idea what was causing the pain, but I was in tears at times.

I do have Hypermobility Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. I haven't been to a Chiro. either since my DH can't even rub my neck or shoulders without it hurting. The muscles are very tender. I hope your back pain gets better, but if not, I would try to see your doctor sooner if you can.

Sending love & 's

Lisa
Unread 03-27-2002, 01:35 PM
ME AND MY HEAT PAD

CARMEL,

I also suffer with fibro, Have you tried to go to a rheumatoligist?

That is the DR, who got to the bottom of my troubles, with my tender bones, and stiff joints.

sorry your in pains

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register