Glad it's gone!! What is your most horrible period story?! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Glad it's gone!! What is your most horrible period story?! Glad it's gone!! What is your most horrible period story?!

Unread 02-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Re: Glad it's gone!! What is your most horrible period story?!

This was the moment when I knew something had to be done, that it could no longer be lived with.
It was early morning and I had to get up to let the dogs out. In nothing but my oversized nightshirt. I was in the living room when I thought my bladder gave way. (I've had 3 kids, so it has happened before.) I started to run for the bathroom when I looked down and saw a small puddle of red on the, thankfully hardwood, floor and it was just streaming down my legs. I had just finished my last period 2 weeks prior so this was completely unexpected. I normally have some warning, like a day of spotting. I went through my first whole box of super tampons and pads in the first 2 days. I needed to go to the store, but I was unsure I'd make it home in time.
LOL, I remember looking down there and asking my uterus "What the **** is wrong with you?"
I was so frustrated.

Now I am looking forward to being done with healing and being able to go swimming any dang time I want, and without worry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2014, 05:03 AM

I was 18 years old, studying at Glasgow uni & had just started having gynae problems. In class I started to feel dizzy so decided to leave. As I stood up I fainted & flooded! Thankfully I was out of it but afterwards my friends described the blood that was seeping from between my legs & the puddle left on the classroom floor after the paramedics took me away! I never did to back to that class, I switched to another subject! It's taken another 18 years but I am so grateful that now I've had my hysterectomy these days are over!
Unread 04-06-2014, 07:18 AM

I've shared this incident privately with a couple of sisters, but I thought it would be appropriate to share it here.
During my LAST period before my surgery, I decided I needed to shave my legs as I had pre op appointments coming and heaven forbid some strangers see my gorilla legs!! My monthly Gyn problems had been horrible for years, but I'd also developed a stage 3/4 uterine prolapse. Needless to say, tampons were not a very practical option for me.
Anyway, that morning I was bleeding SOOO bad that I decided to try a tampon to "slow the flow", at least long enough to finish shaving.
So there I was in the shower, legs lathered, razor in hand, whacking away at the jungle of hair when my allergies kicked in... I started sneezing.
Well, when I sneezed, I blew that tampon out into the bathtub!! Blood started gushing down my legs and was all over the wall and running down the drain!! I started bawling my eyes out because it just seemed so UNFAIR that I had to deal with stuff like this all the time!!!
Well, about that time my DH decided I'd been in the shower an awfully long time and came to check on me. He pulled back the shower curtain and was greeted by the sight of blood and a hysterical wife...a scene right out of a horror movie!!!
He climbed into the tub, fully clothed, and because of his medical training for his job started asking me if I'd cut myself, are you feeling faint, are you hemorrhaging, do I need to call an ambulance, etc?!! He was being so sweet and gentle, which just made me cry harder so I couldn't even talk to tell him that I was fine and all this mess was because I sneezed and blew out the tampon!!!
After he got me out and wrapped in a towel, sitting on the toilet, calmed down enough to talk, I was able to explain what happened. Once he knew I was okay, he grumbled something about razors and left the house.
And now, I am the proud owner of a brand new rechargeable Lady Remington electric wet/dry razor!! LMBO
Thank goodness I will NEVER have to deal with issues like that again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2014, 09:43 AM

My last one was the worst. Worst cramps of my life. Bled thru a super tampon in 10 minutes a few different times. Almost passed out. When I finally felt like getting out of bed and to the doctor I was put into the hospital for a transfusion of 4 units of blood. All this led to my hysterectomy. Doesn't seem like it's been over a year and I am so relieved not to have a period. Now if I could just get a little more energy to exercise I'd be great lol.
Unread 04-06-2014, 10:24 AM

I teach seniors and suddenly bled through my tampon and pad all over my gray slacks this fall. I had bled all over myself multiple times this year but typically in black pants. I was not able to go home and change and had to beg a big t-shirt from a male coworker to try to cover it as well as possible. Worst of all is I was facilitating a lesson in the computer lab so students were at crotch-level and I could even smell the blood. Not to mention the excruciating cramps. I don't think I've ever been so humiliated. Unspeakably glad the hysterectomy is behind me.
Unread 04-15-2014, 12:56 PM

Even though I have to admit my worst experiences were in the end (blot clots terrified me- I never knew what they were and passing them was quite a weird thing!), my very worst memory was when I first started getting a period. I was in Junior High School and I was taking a test. We weren't allowed to stop taking the test, and weren't allowed to go to the bathroom for any reason. I remember being very anxious about the test, more than usual, which I didn't realize back then was related to my period. When the class ended, I had soaked through my jeans completely covering my entire behind and fortunately we had those plastic scoop chairs. I was mortified, as this was one of the first times I ever had a period and had never had it so big before. You know in Junior High how embarrassing this is?! I didn't have a sweater or a change of clothes. I am so glad that I don't have to worry about this happening to me any more- and I can swim, perform, wear fancy clothes, and wear white without fear! YAY!
Unread 04-15-2014, 01:00 PM

In high school I leaked through the whole back of my jeans. The whole butt was soaked. I started having random bleeding before my surgery. This summer I bled noticeably through my dark grey shorts and while trying to herd my kids out of the splash park had some guy point it out to me.
Unread 04-15-2014, 02:31 PM

Mariah, I had that happen to me in Junior High. I soaked my chair, didn't realize it, but when I got up to leave class a male classmate pointed it out! I went to the bathroom to try and clean myself up a bit, change my pad and practically ran all the way home in embarrassment.
Unread 04-15-2014, 04:03 PM

Just this past January I was in magic kingdom disney... I was sitting on the ground watching the parade, I had my 4yr old nephew on my lap, it was my second period that month and spotting between those 2 periods, I got up and it just gushed down like I peed my pants, I ran through the crowds to the bathroom, the pad, which was a double pad (2 of them) since I was already bleeding heavy so came prepared, both pads soaked and a little on my panties and jeans, I ran there! I was so embrassed
Unread 04-15-2014, 04:08 PM

I was at my friends wedding and stood up to notice I had leaked all over my chair. Did I mention they had white chair covers? We left quickly. It took a few years to be brave enough to explain why we didn't stay long for the reception. I was very embarrassed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register