Glad it's gone!! What is your most horrible period story?! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Glad it's gone!! What is your most horrible period story?! Glad it's gone!! What is your most horrible period story?!

Unread 07-16-2014, 08:59 PM
Re: Glad it's gone!! What is your most horrible period story?!

I know this doesent make me look like a saint by no means, but my periods usually came without warning when i was a teenager.well i was about 18 and met a really cute guy and decided to sleep with him.well we go to a hotel and everythings great. After the deed he turned on the lights and i had bled everywhere! He had blood all over him i was mortified. He remained calm and we voth washed up but he was very uncomfortable and left soon after. Which is understandable. Unfortunatly i saw him around town a couple of times right after that.needless to say he ignored me.it was awfull!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2014, 09:06 PM

The worst was using the bathroom at work had hot flashes, and the strong need to vomit and potty I went to the bathroom and blood spattered everywhere walls and fall then I threw up everywhere....so embarrassing. I'm so glad I don't have to wear double clothes anymore or go to different floors at work to potty in fear that someone would see me scrub the floor and walls.
Unread 07-16-2014, 09:35 PM

I had to call dr to get something to get me thru a plane ride. I was do fearful I'd have an accident before I could get on thr plane. Was so weak after flight kept having to ask DH and dad to stop and let me rest while walking in airport. Was afraid theyd search my bag and find my supplies and heating massage pad. I had an episode that was a 'turning point' for me. I started having pain so bad, like labor and couldn't get out of the tub, DH had to help me. It was then I decided, enuf is enuf !!!! I'm not doing this every month. I love wearing whites and cream now and burned my mattress pad, now how have a pretty new white one. I don't miss the stains or junk that goes w all of that. I smile now when I pass the product aisle and think I can buy something nice for myself, instead of gads of pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2014, 11:04 PM

Up until a year ago past March I never had a problem. All my periods came like clock work. Then they became a little more irregular but still not to bad. Then I went about 3 months without, which I freaked because I had my tubes tied 10 years ago and read the surgery becomes less effective as time goes on. UGH! I was 44 with a soon to be high school graduate. Anyway, I had only been at my job for about 5 months and one morning I woke and thought I was dying. My bed was soaked, it was running down my legs, and when I got in the shower clots rolled out. I knew there was absolutely no way I could go to my job. To top it off my boss is a man, but is homosexual. I thought UGH! Well not giving details I told him it was bad and would talk later. He called that afternoon worried about me and I quote " told me when I talk to my Dr. To tell him to yank that puppy out." Then things went back to the irregular for a few months and then I was bleeding heavy with gushing 3 or 4 days at a time, then have light days and then gushing again. This went on for 2 months at least. It was to the point I was thanking Heaven my boss is gay. Finally almost a year later I find I was battling chronic cervicitis. With larger than normal nabothian cysts, and endometriosis. Davinci hysterectomy on June 2, 2014. Returned to work 3 days ago July 14th. My boss keeps telling me to take easy and spread my patient load out to give myself time to get back into the swing of things. Like I said Thank god my boss is gay. :-)
Unread 07-16-2014, 11:42 PM

I understand, hubby had had a vasectomy 22 yrs ago and I was late !!! I think I had 4 prego tests . Talk about an emotional roller coaster. You think ' am I prego ?' Then comes the period from hell !!! I'd be wearing shorts and afraid a clot would come out them, ya know. Sometimes they'd come w force. If I was laying down I'd keep a hand towel between my legs for when I'd stand up. I Thot how will I ever make it thru a plane ride. Progesterone calmed it a bit but in hotel we had to share a bath w my dad;( but was able to hide it all well. I hated the clots ! And being tethered to my bathroom.

To celebrate the 6 mo hysterversary , I bought a cream crochet halter dress with flowy lace bottom, makes me feel a lil like princess !!! for when we have dinner out
Unread 07-17-2014, 12:05 AM

I have so many horrible stories but I think back to when it all began. When I was in 5th grade so ohh 11 years old. I rode the bus to and from school and I was the last one off every evening. I remember sitting in the seat and feeling a gush. There was so much blood that it gushed up between my legs and pooled there. I thought it was normal. I didn't know any different. When I would read about periods and it would say that the amount of blood lost every cycle is only a few teaspoons I thought there is no way this information is right. I'm so thankful I no longer have to wrap a sweatshirt around my waist, or hold a towel between my legs as I rush to the bathroom in the morning, or buy boxes and boxes of tampons.

If you have ever checked a clot for a fetus because it's soooo huge.... Your uterus is a mean ***** and needs to go away
Unread 07-17-2014, 01:16 AM
period problems

Ok. This is my worst story prob of my life. My mother left when i was the age of four. No female figures in my life either. I started my period age 10. My periods from day one were horrible. I bled so bad all the time and 7 continuous days each month of accidents. I was called carrie and ragu bottle. I was not allowed to wear tampons and no longer wanted to do any exercise. I was too embarrassed to to the doc. So.finnally many years passed i found out after my hysterecromy that i had severe fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts and scar tissue. The doc as of june 2nd 2014 removed everything and ledt a slight amount of my cervix.i was finally rid of severe crushing pain and embarrassment. Im so ever thankful tha i was approved for full medi cal or.this.prob would still be continuing. I have no regrets even though i am 44 and childless. All my reproductive organs were fused together and all that was fused to my abdominal wall and abe the doc a hard time finding my left ovary. Surgery took an hour longer than should have. I had an open tah bso. Best decision i ever made.
Unread 07-17-2014, 05:00 AM

Oh so many to mention.

1 The first time I got them. Christmas day just put on my new bikini needless to say no swimming that day and needed to be washed.

2 Every month without fail school Monday morning, while not in the fetal position I would lie on the floor with my legs up the wall until I could walk to office to go home.

3 School dance lasted the night and stayed at a friends house, Woke up in the morning. wasnt feeling well. They gave me stuff to settle tummy the vomiting started, they drove me home, Got home went to the bathroom and I was soaked everything. Having not been to the loo when I woke up I didnt realise. My clothes were soaked. I can only imagine the bed I slept in the couch I sat on and the car seat for the ride home. That Was probably the worst.

4 Horse riding again not realising it had started. Let me tell you the up and down of riding a horse not good for the clothes.

5 and the last one again walking home from school with a friends, were this time I knew I had my period. Someone pointed out you have red on your skirt I was mortified thing I have leaked. My friends mum washed my uniform and thankfully that time I had just sat in red paint in Art class..
Unread 07-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Glad it's gone!! What is your most horrible period story?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile CMT View Post
Ok. This is my worst story prob of my life. My mother left when i was the age of four. No female figures in my life either. I started my period age 10. My periods from day one were horrible. I bled so bad all the time and 7 continuous days each month of accidents. I was called carrie and ragu bottle. I was not allowed to wear tampons and no longer wanted to do any exercise. I was too embarrassed to to the doc. So.finnally many years passed i found out after my hysterecromy that i had severe fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts and scar tissue. The doc as of june 2nd 2014 removed everything and ledt a slight amount of my cervix.i was finally rid of severe crushing pain and embarrassment. Im so ever thankful tha i was approved for full medi cal or.this.prob would still be continuing. I have no regrets even though i am 44 and childless. All my reproductive organs were fused together and all that was fused to my abdominal wall and abe the doc a hard time finding my left ovary. Surgery took an hour longer than should have. I had an open tah bso. Best decision i ever made.
I also didnt mention that one day in 5th grafe i had my period so bad in class it got all over my chair and all.over the floor that the teacher made all te kids that made fun of me clean it up. Also 6th grade grad i begged my dad fir a black dress, i got a pasel blue dress, had my period on stage in front of everyone. Mortified i ran off stage but prncipa made me go back on stage with a huge stain on my dress. I was paying on the jungle gym bars soinning and my bad few out of my pants that was fifth grade. I at least got smart for junir high and high school i brought a bag of extra pants in case of accs. Also when i was a disney cast member i was doing stock in tomorrowland. At this time in my life i was wearing tampons and pads. I had a dreadful leak. Luckily i was wearing dark blue pants. Bathrooms nnot close. I ran to cast bathroom asap. Took forever to wash out what i could. We had walkies at the time and all i could do was say i was sick. Awful. Even though i had so much pain right after surgery im thankful for it. Another thing. I ept telling docs from whati knew that my mother and her mother had hystetectomies. I asked could my issue be related. They kept telling me not possible. Dr that dod my surgery said absolutely possible. I told doc when she cane to my hospital bed that she saved my life.
Unread 07-17-2014, 10:48 AM

My very worst one was standing in the checkout out line in a department store. I felt this gush, tried to clinch my legs shut, but of course I knew that wouldn't work, it never did. Then all of a sudden, blood and clots were running down my legs onto the floor. You talk about embarrassment

It's been almost two and a half years since I left that crime scene behind and I am oh so thankful that I'm done with that and now living my better quality of life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register