Has anyone had Nabothian cysts on cervix that turned out to be endo? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone had Nabothian cysts on cervix that turned out to be endo? Has anyone had Nabothian cysts on cervix that turned out to be endo?

Unread 02-15-2014, 07:49 AM
Has anyone had Nabothian cysts on cervix that turned out to be endo?

Hi all,

I had my first yearly post-hyster recently. I mentioned that I'd been having some bleeding, which is always concerning, but especially a concern since I had my SAH in May 2013 for acute endometriosis. They did a vaginal ultrasound on me, which at first I thought was kind of weird because after all- what are they going to see in there? Everything's gone...right? Turns out they found several cysts on my cervix. The ultrasound tech and doctor both assured me they were *probably* Nabothian cysts. I'm concerned that they were endo. I've had other symptoms, etc but that's a whole other post.

Has anyone else ever had something similar with cysts happen? Cervical cysts turn out to be endo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2014, 09:40 PM
Re: Has anyone had Nabothian cysts on cervix that turned out to be endo?

I wouldn't think the doctor would confuse Nabothian cysts with endometriosis, however, I wouldn't say it was absolutely impossible either.

Another thing to consider is your hormones. Hormonal imbalance can lead to a wide variety of symptoms, including vaginal bleeding for a variety of issues.

Are you keeping a detailed symptom diary regarding your symptoms that you can share with your doctor?

in there!
Unread 02-22-2014, 05:29 PM

Hi! Thanks so much for replying. I had enough other symptoms that my doctor is pretty convinced the endo is back. We're going to do a laparoscopy to confirm. I guess I was just concerned that the cysts could be endo too. Especially because (at least to me) they looked the same on the ultrasound as my endometriomas did.

I think after having endo, I'm a little hyper about any little twinge. I had upper back pain a few months ago and I was convinced the endo was back and growing on my liver! Obviously it wasn't, obviously I had just pulled a muscle. But I guess after going though so much pain and other weird symptoms with no name for the condition for so many years, anytime anything goes wrong I blame on "the endo coming back".

I never had anything on my cervix before, so I wondered if these cysts were some new form of endo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amr89byu View Post
Hi all,

I had my first yearly post-hyster recently. I mentioned that I'd been having some bleeding, which is always concerning, but especially a concern since I had my SAH in May 2013 for acute endometriosis. They did a vaginal ultrasound on me, which at first I thought was kind of weird because after all- what are they going to see in there? Everything's gone...right? Turns out they found several cysts on my cervix. The ultrasound tech and doctor both assured me they were *probably* Nabothian cysts. I'm concerned that they were endo. I've had other symptoms, etc but that's a whole other post.

Has anyone else ever had something similar with cysts happen? Cervical cysts turn out to be endo?
I had a hysterectomy June 2nd 2014. Pathology results were chronic cervicitis with nabothian cysts (benign) all approx 1.5cm as well as endometriosis. It sounded like it was all connected somehow. The cysts were so big and there were so many cysts my cervix became stenotic (tissue grew together) to the point of being no way into or out of the uterus, from all the scarring. Biopsies attempted 3 times without success.
Unread 07-16-2014, 12:09 PM

Hi, I guess I just left this thread hanging Sorry about that! I had excision surgery with <> in Atlanta. (If you are suffering from endo, RUN don't walk to the <>. They are AWESOME.)

He did a laparoscopy, and was able to confirm that not only was there endo on my cervix, but all over my bowel and the back part of my bladder as well. They had to core out most of the cervix the previous surgeon left in- I only have about 2 cm of fibrous tissue left. The previous surgery (my hysterectomy) did not remove the endometriosis so it was still growing inside of me. He was able to remove it so I'm hopeful that I can get my life back now!
Unread 07-16-2014, 11:39 PM

My Dr. A Oncologist/Gyno left only my ovaries when he did my hysterectomy. He took my cervix. Uterus, and Fallopian tubes. Hoping this will be the last surgery. Good Luck!
Unread 01-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Has anyone had Nabothian cysts on cervix that turned out to be endo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joder_Pooh View Post
My Dr. A Oncologist/Gyno left only my ovaries when he did my hysterectomy. He took my cervix. Uterus, and Fallopian tubes. Hoping this will be the last surgery. Good Luck!
I just found out that I have nabothian cysts on my cervix. I had my hysterectomy on 3/2011 and nothing since. How they found out was by doing an xray and ct scan of my abdomen and then they came and asked me if I'd really had a hysterectomy! I had to show them my scars and have them talk to my former ob/gyn. So then they did a transvaginal ultrasound and found the cysts that incidentally made the radiologist think I had an uterus! I'm so honkerblonked! Unfortunately, the cysts are pressing on my bladder and my belly button so I'm basically screwed. I sincerely hope that your problem has been resolved. Mine has just started and I'm really sick on top of it. My sympathies go out to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register