Help Complex Cyst And Fibroid Confused! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help Complex Cyst And Fibroid Confused! Help Complex Cyst And Fibroid Confused!

Unread 04-01-2002, 02:45 PM
Help Complex Cyst And Fibroid Confused!

OK THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND I WILL KEEP IT AS BRIEF AS I CAN BUT I REALLY AM CONFUSED!
I HAD AN ULTRA SOUND FOR SUSPICIONS ON DECEMBER 15 AND IT SHOWED A 1.5 CM COMPLEX CYST WITH A SEPTUM RUNNING THROUGH IT ON MY RIGHT OVARY AND A 3 MONTH SIZE 11 CM UTERUS WITH ONE SMALL 2.5 CM FIBROID. MY DOCTOR WANTED TO DO SURGERY IMMEDIATLEY TO REVOVE THE CYST AND DO A D&C. I WOULD NOT LET HIM BECAUSE HE SUDDENLY DOES NOT REMEMBER DOING 5 OTHER SURGERIES ON ME!!
NOW I HAVE SWITHCHED DOCTORS, SHE ORDERED ANOTHER ULTRASOUND IN HER OFFICE ON JAN 15 AND SAID THE COMPLEX CYST IS GONE BUT SHE SAYS TO BE SAFE LETS SEND YOU FOR ANOTHER ONE WHERE YOU ORIGINALLY WENT, SO ON FEB. 15 I WENT FOR ANOTHER ULTRA SOUND AND IT SHOWS A COMPLEX CYST ON THE OVARY AGAIN! I ASKED IF WE COULD DO ONE MORE ULTRA SOUND AND SHE SAID NO! SHE WANTS ME TO HAVE A COMPLETE HYSTERECTOMY WITH MY OPTION OF LEAVING THE OTHER OVARY. AND IT IS SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 29TH!!
i THOUGHT I ASKED EVERY QUESTION I COULD THINK OF BUT NOW JUST THIS WEEKEND I AM WONDERING IF A COMPLEX CYST COULD ACTUALLY BE A FUNCTIONAL CYST. ALL THREE ULTRASOUNDS I NOTICED WERE DONE DURING MY OVULATION, WHICH I DONT THINK SHE NOTICED!! I AM IN NO PAIN BUT MY ENLARGED UTERUS IS SLIGHTLY NOTICABLE. THE LAST ULTRASOUND SAID THE CYST WAS LESS CYSTIC APPEARING AND PERSISTANT BUT IT IS NO BIGGER. I AM 40 I FEEL SO RUSHED, I AM GOING FOR A THIRD OPINION TOMORROW EVEN THOUGH SURGERY IS SCHEDULED. ANY HELP FROM ANYONE WOULD BE APPRECIATED, MY FAMILY TELLS ME I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND TO LISTEN TO THE DOCTOR BUT I DONT HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT THIS. I DONT WANT UNNECCESARY SURGERY. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY WORDS OF WISDOM!! LAURA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2002, 03:05 PM

I think you're doing the right thing by getting another opinion. Make sure you're persistant in your questions and don't do anything until you feel comfortable with your decision. One thing I firmly believe, is to trust your instincts and don't let anyone rush you into something you're not ready for.

I have 4 fibroids and a cyst, just got my test results last week, my nurse seemed to think that a hyst is definately in my near future. I'll see my GYN on Wed and will be sooo glad to get my questions answered.

You're Dr may be right on target with what she's recommending, but I believe you're surgery and recover will go much better once you're sure you've made the right decision and aren't second guessing things..

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Sherry

P.S. Isn't this site wonderful! There's lot's of info on the 'net that gives you the technical info on procedures, etc.. But this site gives so much more, real women with real stories and tons of support. I'm so glad I found it!
Unread 04-01-2002, 03:42 PM

Hi. My opinion to you is to keep asking questions, get more opinions if needed, etc. until you feel comfortable with the decision . It took me a long time to finally agree to the hyst. I tried many options first which didn't work. When I finally agreed, I was totally ready and knew it was the right thing to do.
Best Wishes to you .
Terri (TVH/BSO)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register