Surgery for Hysterectomy and Possible Staging 04-04-02 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery for Hysterectomy and Possible Staging 04-04-02 Surgery for Hysterectomy and Possible Staging 04-04-02

Unread 04-02-2002, 05:19 PM
Surgery for Hysterectomy and Possible Staging 04-04-02

Hi, I found myself in a very similar situation to you in December. I actually passed out from pain and blood loss. I had a couple of ultrasounds and a MRI. THe first ultrasound and the MRI actually listed ovarian cancer as the diagnosis. I had huge cysts on both ovaries and a very high CA 125 count. Even so the gyn/oncologist that I was referred to was optimistic and pretty much told me what you heard - it could be cancer, could be tumors , could be endo. I had also had years of massive fertility medication and was scared that the overstimulation had resulted in cancer. I had myself convinced that it was cancer. Luckily, my cysts turned out to be benign tumors and endo. I hope all turns out well for you. Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 05:28 PM
NEVER WASTE A GOOD PANIC

This is my motto on ivillage.com. In other words, with your CA125 looking very good and your having a gyn/onc who spoke up about the MRI folks, and the other good tests, you have a lot going for you! If it is ovarian, you have caught it and this stuff is treatable. If it isn't--let us know and we'll have one heck of a cyber celebration. I knew when they went in last year they were looking for ovarian, but there is virtually no cancer in my family and I've had so many "looks like" that turned out false, I figured false alarm. So I woke up and the doctor said "ovarian cancer" and did I panic? No, I said, "OK" and conked out again from the anesthesia. Talked to the hospital social workers a couple times, talked to the onc. first, and luckily had read some on the internet so knew where to start from. You are ahead of me in that way--you're here and we can refer you, IF need be, which I doubt, to good helpful sites. Now--NEVER WASTE A GOOD PANIC--in other words, don't be scared it MIGHT BE ovarian until you find out "for sure" it is--at which time, you've got plenty of support and pray-ers here.
Unread 04-02-2002, 08:32 PM
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR ALL THE RESPONSES!

THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL WOMEN FOR ALL OF YOUR RESPONSES SO FAR!!!! I ONLY WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT YOU LAST WEEK WHEN I WAS REALLY, REALLY FREAKING OUT!!!!! BUT I'M SURE I'LL BE REALLY NERVOUS TOMORROW...PRETTY CALM TODAY FOR SOME REASON! I DEFINATELY WILL POST HOW I'M DOING AS SOON AS I'M ABLE --- THANKS SO MUCH! LOVE, MICHELE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 11:53 PM
hi

Hi Michelle- I hope your procedure went wel today. I am saying a prayer you have support and love surrounding you.
Unread 04-04-2002, 11:55 PM
spelling

As you all may have noticed, I can't spell or type at all tonight!!!! Please forgive me!!!! I am up too late!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register