Those with ADENOMYOSIS....... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Those with ADENOMYOSIS....... Those with ADENOMYOSIS.......

Unread 04-02-2002, 04:58 PM
Those with ADENOMYOSIS.......

Please tell me what all your symptoms were that you feel were/are related directly to it.. I am baffled by all my symptoms and really hope that they are related to my MRI diagnoses of Adeno.. I also have a retroverted and prolpased uterus and am not sure what kinds of symptoms those can cause. I am basically in pain, some kind of abdominal, pelvic and back pain ALL THE TIME! Not just with my periods. Please, PLEASE share your experiences with me, ease my mind that I will feel better post-hyst.

s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 06:17 PM

Hi Julie!
Let me start by telling you that about a month ago, I was driving home from work and it suddenly occurred to me....I am in NO pain. Oh, my...do you know how long it has been???? I was so tickled, I shot off a big thank you to my gyn for all the work he did for me! I was in almost daily pain...lower back aches mostly. During ovualtion I would have lower abdominal pain and bleeding for about a week and when my periods came....I was eating advil like candy. The pain was a pulsing, aching, contracting pain that could make me stop in my tracks. It was like a wide band that hurt in the front and the back. As I understand Adenomyosis, it's kind of like having a uterus full of marbles and when the uterus tries to expell the lining, it can't do it efficiently which in turn will cause not only the pain, but prolonged and heavy bleeding. By a week post hyst, the only pain I had was a lower back ache which eventually went away by about week 3. (my heating pad was my best friend) Since then, life has been good. I am glad I made this choice and wished I had done it sooner! I hope this has helped some. s to you....I know it is a real bugger to feel the way you do. All the best!
Unread 04-02-2002, 06:40 PM

Hi Julie,
I am 1 week post op having had a TAH/BSO. My symptoms were heavy long periods with big (fist size) clots. I also had a lot of lower back pain. But thought it was from my job . I do a lot of heavy lifting. I also had probs with frequent urination kind of like the end of pregnancy when you go every few mins. and if I sneezed and didint hold myself tight I would leak. I also had probs not being able to poop very well especially before my periods.Sex was also painful at times but sometimes it hurt so good if ya know what I mean!My periods would last about 14 days and then stop and then spot for a day or 2 before it would go into another full period. I also had a tipped uterus that I had known about for a few years. When I went for my yearly exam with my GP she found my uterus to be enlarged an ultra sound was done which really didn't show her too much so she sched me to see an obgyn who said my uterus was between 10.5 and 12 weeks enlarged. She gave me other options but I figured I was done having kids etc why keep it! She then did an exam at which point I came off of the table from the pain and pressure. She then agreed that doing the other proceds would probably be a waste of time. I got my path report this am which comfirmed the adenomyosis, and also found many fibroids. Nothing canerous (thank God)And I am recovering well. Thankful that it's over and looking forward to no more bleeding/pain etc! I hope this helped sorry so long if you have any more ?'s please feel free to email me etc!
Best wishes!
Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 06:59 PM

I have several problems so I don't know for sure which problem caused which symptom, but I'm sure that the very heavy bleeding/large clots with terrible, and I mean terrible, cramps for the entire duration of my period was due to adeno. I also had frequent lower back pain and constipation. I also cramped when I wasn't having my period. I had an edometrial ablation (they also did a lap at that time for removal of endo from my ovaries) a year and a half ago, but that didn't help much. It's my understanding that the only cure for adeno is hyst (or menopause - but who could wait for that!!). I was told years ago that I had a retroverted uterus, but I'm not sure of any symptoms from that.

Anywho.........I had a TAH/BSO 12 days ago and I'm recovering nicely and I'm SSSSSSOOOOOOOO happy I don't have to deal with any of it any more. Waiting for the surgery was awful and I know how you feel. I was scared to death and kept second guessing myself - right up to the time I walked into the hospital. But I kept visiting this site and I got so much info and support it helped tremendously. I hope it helps you as much...

Good luck to you!!!
Unread 04-02-2002, 07:21 PM
R U Ready....lol

You asked the wrong question if you want a short answer...lol

My pain consists of lower back, abdominal, headaches, HEAVY bleeding, pain thru legs, constipation (why I don't know).
I swear I would LOVE to have stock in Tampons because during the time that Mrs. Monthly visits I go thru WAY too many. I normally also have to wear a pad along with it in case of accidents. I have be careful because I go so heavy a sneeze or cough can make me leak bad. I will spot for several days before go hEAVY for a week and then spot several more days after.
My husband tries to be funny by saying "The question isn't when are you going to start BUT when are you going to STOP"
I also have this sharp pain from my tummy that runs into my vagina area at times...not sure what causes that...

Anyway hope this wasn't tooo detailed for you but maybe it will help.

Good Luck and keep in touch.

~RuN-AbOuT~
(lynne)

PS- I did read somewhere that many women think if you have endometriosis that a hysterec. IS the CURE ALL and is not. It has been a fact that many women who have had a hysterec. thinking this that the endo has came in other parts of the body....weird huh-
I pray this doesn't happen to me- I WANT IT TO BE A CURE ALL..
Unread 04-02-2002, 08:19 PM

My symptoms consists of:
Terrible cramps all month, worse during period, but all month long.
Sharp "knife-like" pain in my abdomen
Clots (gulf ball size)..could be walking and feel them gushing out.
Terrible pain during intercourse
Bleeding during intercourse
Lower back pain
VERY tired

I just got scheduled for surgery today...YEH...April 16th is my day!
Unread 04-02-2002, 09:11 PM
Thank you ladies....

Thanks so much for sharing! Yep, I've got all that plus pain in my upper thigh.. Very weird.. Adeno really bites! I'll be glad to be rid of it soon! YAY! I feel very fortunate that I do NOT have endometriosis! I really feel for all the ladies that suffer that, too!

S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register