Recovery confessions!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery confessions!! Recovery confessions!!

Unread 04-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Recovery confessions!!

I'm three weeks post TAH tomorrow for adenomyosis (they took everything except ovaries) and I'm doing pretty well. There are some things I have to admit about my recovery that seem to be different that a lot of posts I have been reading:

1) I don't get bored! I'm loving the time at home to read, catch up with Tv and movies, spend more time with my kids and husband, and having more time to talk on the phone with friends or have them visit. I know I will be back to the craziness of work and kid stuff soon enough.

2) I am not as tough as a lot of you apparently. I get swelling and pain/ backaches still in the afternoons and I still take 1-2 Percocet a day when the ibuprofen doesn't work.

3) Having a hysterectomy has given me such an indescribably wonderful feeling of freedom and power-- I feel I can do anything now that I'm not bleeding all over the place!

Anyone else have any hysterectomy confessions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Re: After TAH: Recovery confessions

I hear ya! I am sleeping like crazy and I love it! Nothing like a 2 to 4 hour power nap every day! I have totally zoned everything out and am just relaxing. I read the posts of the people worried about a dirty house or exercising or whatever ambitious endeavor they are fixated on and just think RELAX!!
Unread 04-01-2014, 05:01 PM

I'm a stay at home mom of 18 month old triplets and I also trained for a marathon this past fall- I don't think I realized I was maybe spreading myself too thin, but now that I rest day in and day out im thinking, "how am I going to go back to that?" Lol. I'm with you ladies, it's not so bad just laying around and relaxing the hardest part is not being able to pick my babies up :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2014, 05:14 PM

I'm an empty nester and DH and I love our time together. I too don't get bored, always something to do on the farm. I'm very creative so I bring stuff to bed w me when I need a rest. Talked w nurse and she addressed my fatigue at 9 wks and didn't make me feel badly, also addressed the soreness w sex as normal told me I'm right on cue w everything.

I actually enjoy the down time and since I've raised my family and twins , am finally enjoying some things for me, w out guilt. Enjoy crawling in bed w DH and being close.

I also agree, I think " I was doing too much before ," I'm going to slow down my pace and do less and enjoy more.

I eat choc when I want, still healing so not crazy about weight watching, just want my body to heal. Love soaking in the bath, part of my recovery plan.

Let DH get the heavy stuff. Watch the Walton's if I want w out thinking, I'm being lazy. So yeah, making the most of my recovery and taking it easy. When else will I ever be allowed to do that ?

In general, I'm taking on less, and maximizing what's enjoyable and not feeling like I have to be a super mom. Not signing up for anything. Even stayed home from church, slept in and made love w my guy ! We did our devotion

Great thread !
Unread 04-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Definitely not bored, loving the time at home. watching T.V. reading, planning my garden and summer. I am at 2 weeks tomorrow, still taking about 1 or 2 percocet a day. Hardest thing for me is missing the intimacy with DH. Love reading the updates on this site. Haven't really done anything yet. Go downstairs a maybe 2 times daily. Definitely resting!!
Unread 04-01-2014, 06:56 PM

I loved getting up after 8:00 am everyday and having the house to myself!
To look at the rug and floor having to be swept or vacuumed and say"oh well"
Being able to take those meds and knowing that I would be pain feel for a few hours.
Getting to have the remote control and can watch "The Price is right"
Knowing that I could just sit and read and listen to music without having to do something in the house.
I didn't even want to go back to work! It was a beautiful and restfull 8 weeks off...
Unread 04-01-2014, 07:22 PM

I totally understand! I didn't get bored at all, so I decided to take another month off because I deserve it!
Unread 04-01-2014, 07:46 PM

Let's see. I've been doing way too much. Been cooking and doing dishes. Yes, if I'm up too long I feel pain. I changed the sheets today because I forgot the day before surgery and now I can't take it anymore. I overdid it. I'm the overdoer. I keep going until I regret it and I push myself way too much. I have been resting and relaxing. I just can't not do some things. There is my confession. A bit different from others.
Unread 04-01-2014, 09:17 PM

Confessions? I couldn't get enough of making out with my hubby after week 3. Cant' wait to get the green light for sex.
2nd confession? I couldn't wait to get back to work. Weird I know, but I wanted to get back to the hustle and bustle of the office and returned on day 19 after SAH. I have had several complications but it has made me feel empowered to do things MY way.
3rd confession? I haven't touched the laundry or grocery shopping since surgery. My husband still feels like I am too overwhelmed and continues to do these tasks and I certainly don't intend to stop him
Unread 04-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Re: After total abdominal hysterectomy: Recovery confessions

This is a great thread

My biggest confession is that while I'm extremely thankful that a good friend is staying with me for the first week home, she is actually driving me a little nutty! Yikes. I feel bad, as she really has been a tremendous help and I don't think I could have done this on my own, but I am looking forward to having my space back.

2. My dog is going off to "dog camp" on Friday for two weeks (she's 77lbs and a bit of a puller when a squirrel sighting happens). As much as I love her and will certainly miss her, I can't wait to have a dog free house for two weeks and to sleep in!

3. I'm actually a bit bored....I was really looking forward to being home for a few weeks with nothing to do but sleep, read, watch Netflix etc.,....but I'm probably driving everyone at work nuts because I keep emailing - oops!

4. I feel incredibly liberated by having this done!! A friend of mine wanted to host a "grief ceremony" for my uterus, but I was thinking more "adios...you have served me well, but you are so not necessary anymore! and now doing this I completely understand that we go through different emotions with this and I respect that. For me, the emotion just happens to be elation

Whew...thanks for the confession forum! So appreciated

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register