Recovery confessions!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery confessions!! Recovery confessions!!

Unread 04-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Re: After total abdominal hysterectomy: Recovery confessions

I'm only two weeks out but....., I don't have any sentimental feelings for my uterus. It did a great job 26 years ago and I have a son to show for it but what's it done lately? I had prolapse and I hope it's fixed for good. Also ovaries removed due to family history. So far don't miss them either. I just want to get healed and back into shape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:30 PM

I had another family-related health issue to worry about that may have made me less frightened about my own, but ... well, I did sort of approach it as "Yay, I get to be off work for six weeks AND visit family!" It wasn't a cakewalk by any means, but I was definitely substantially LESS stressed than normal from having had the chance to kind of offload some things at work for a few weeks prior to getting the surgery. My workplace was very understanding, but let's face it, they work us all like mad here, and it says something when you regard abdominal surgery as time off.

And I wouldn't call it a "confession" because it doesn't feel like something to keep secret but YESYESYESYESYES on the blissful absence of periods. I feel like I've finally offloaded an annoying, unwanted body part that's been inconveniencing me since I was 14. It truly is wonderful to have the same body day in, day out. I feel like this is how I was meant to be all my life, hence my username. I was BORN a crone. :-)

I know that a lot of women don't feel this way, and I have compassion for those who find it difficult or even traumatizing. For me though, I feel more myself than I've ever felt. I always compare it to living in a cold, snowy climate and then moving to southern California. You think that it will be a huge adjustment to do without blizzards, and it turns out you adjust in about sixteen milliseconds.

The only down side to it was the way it sucked money out of my bank account. My insurance covered a good amount of it, it's completely paid off from my end, and I'm very fortunate to be able to afford it and still remain financially healthy, but between my deductible and flights, I'm about $3500 down. Looking forward to stacking that back up again.
Unread 04-02-2014, 07:47 PM

A confession, sometimes when i wake up and do my Kegels I eat chocolate before breakfast and have had a Pibb every other day and some days I stay in my shorty pjs, cause they are comfy, and have been known to do some of my work from my laptop in the Jammie's and soak in the tub for way too long sometimes

Princess life.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:15 PM

I love it Georgiarose! That just made me smile!!
Unread 04-02-2014, 10:17 PM

Hey smiles are good !!!
Unread 04-03-2014, 05:42 AM
Re: After total abdominal hysterectomy: Recovery confession

My recovery period last June was one of the most relaxing vacations I've ever had. I had minimal pain and no complications. I spent lots of time walking and sitting out in the sun to read, sew and play with my cats. I ate whatever I wanted to, when I wanted to. I slept whereever I wanted to, when I wanted to.

I'm now trying to figure out how to recreate that experience this coming summer, except maybe without the actual surgery. *grin*
Unread 04-03-2014, 06:22 AM
Re: After total abdominal hysterectomy: Recovery confession

Confessions? LOVE IT!

Like another sister, I too have been watching The Price Is Right. I dvr it and me and the dog have won thousands (and at least 10 showcases) over the last 3 weeks. Trying very hard to convince dh that we really need to go to LA.

I eat chocolate ice cream at various times throughout the day
I get out of the shower and just put on clean jammers. Have dressed twice since surgery.
Laundry....what's that? and the kitchen is just a room I visit to get the ice cream.
We eat leftovers from last night, or he picks something up on his way home. The weather is lovely so I can nap on the porch or just sit in the sunshine. Yes I'm in pain, but it could be a lot worse. Best of all - I have all my lovely hyster sisters to visit with day or night. XXX
Unread 04-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Re: Recovery confessions!

FINAL HURDLE CONQUERED !!! I have to admit I was very apprehensive / nervous about my first time "back in the saddle" .... I didn't know if I'd even be interested in being intimate again. I think that was my fear. Well - 8 weeks post op today and it was Birthday yesterday and I'll tell you what ladies - BEST EVER!!! I was never in pain before. I had a TLH due to pre-cancerous cells on my cervix. I was already in "peri-menopause" so was accustomed to Night Sweats - hot flashes. I think they've subsided a lot and now that I no longer have to worry about sex - I'm finally able to say - I can put this in my past ..... Bring it on!
Unread 04-06-2014, 09:05 PM

Wooohooo!! And Happy Birthday! xox
Unread 04-09-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVQ View Post
Wooohooo!! And Happy Birthday! xox
Thank you - Now I have to get motivated - start walking more ....eating less ... LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register