Funny hospital stories ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Funny hospital stories ? Funny hospital stories ?

Unread 04-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Funny hospital stories ?

In pre-op the anesthesiologist came to get me ready. I swear he had a Baggie with him with different vials of meds. As he took each one out he would look at me and keep going until he found one he liked. Then he told me he gets his meds from turkey. I work at a hospital and I know they get them from the hospital pharmacy. It was weird and strangely funny. It must have worked as I don't remember anything after that until waking up in my room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Re: Funny hospital stories ?

My anesthesiologist cracked me up too. I am sorry to say I am a smoker. He brought it up and I told him I hadn't had one that day. "do you want one?", he said. "Yes", I said then he started to reach into his breast pocket. I must of had a surprised look on my face because he laughed and said "no, I'm not giving you one" as he pulled out a syringe from his pocket. The levity and laughter (as well as the syringe) really helped to calm my nerves. I wonder if they do this on purpose? His personality really put me at ease.
Unread 04-15-2014, 06:43 PM
Funny hospital stories ?

Not off the wall funny unless you know me. Apparently I was quite the chatty kathy in recovery. My nurse said I woke up and started telling jokes and high fiving everyone that walked by my bed. I don't remember any of it but was pretty mortified when I finally came too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2014, 06:46 PM

In pre-op, my doctor came by and I asked her if she could give me an extra incision so that I could connect my scars and draw the constellation Cassiopeia. She thought I had already been given the anesthetic and was having a bad reaction. Then when I came to after the operation, I was hyperventilating and crying because I didn't know where I was. There was a nurse holding my hand trying to calm me down and I said to her 'I was told there would be a tiara.' When the male nurse tried to tell me to calm down, I started yelling at him to get out, told the female nurse that I didn't like him and he needed to be fired. Somehow, at the end of all of it, the did manage to find me a paper crown clearly meant for a well behaved little girl and not a yelling adult woman but still, it was nice.

A few months later, I needed to have a cycterectomy with the same surgeon. She already had it noted in my chart that I would need a post-op tiara (which was on my head when I came to!) and while I was in the recovery room, I asked if it would be alright it I were appointed to be the ruler of the Prussian Empire. Prior to that surgery, when I was with the anesthesiologist, he told me he was going to give me a cocktail to relax me and I told him 'good, because I don't take my pants off for anything less'. Then I was out!
Unread 04-16-2014, 08:08 AM

i'm not sure if my story is funny....but it's unique! the lady I shared my hospital room with was a special kinda room mate. right before lights out ( or so I thought) she asked the nurses to inform me that she has to sleep with all the lights on, and suffers from night terrors!!! I felt prepared as I had brought my sleep mask ear plugs and ipod. well let me tell you...NOTHING could have prepared me for this 1st night in the hospital....NOTHING! Valerie talked pretty much the entire night....in several different voices I might add. Full conversations between 2 people...my shattered nerves!!! if she wasn't talking she was moaning or screeching at the top of her lungs. it was horrible and funny all at the same time. I couldn't help but laugh you know like when you laugh at an inappropriate time (ex funeral...for no reason) I couldn't stop. the poor nurses kept apologizing. at one point I said to the student nurse." what the **** did I do to deserve this??? isn't having full abdominal surgery enough??" the poor student nurse looked horrified... then I laughed and all was well. THANKFULLY Valerie went home by 11 the next morning. honestly I did feel sorry for her. what life must be like suffering with this issue. how does one get a full nights sleep? I could hear her over my ipod as well as thru my ear plugs. she was one loud lady!!! im happy to report that the rest of my stay I had the entire room to myself which was lovely!
Unread 04-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Funny hospital stories ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgrace View Post
In pre-op, my doctor came by and I asked her if she could give me an extra incision so that I could connect my scars and draw the constellation Cassiopeia. She thought I had already been given the anesthetic and was having a bad reaction. Then when I came to after the operation, I was hyperventilating and crying because I didn't know where I was. There was a nurse holding my hand trying to calm me down and I said to her 'I was told there would be a tiara.' When the male nurse tried to tell me to calm down, I started yelling at him to get out, told the female nurse that I didn't like him and he needed to be fired. Somehow, at the end of all of it, the did manage to find me a paper crown clearly meant for a well behaved little girl and not a yelling adult woman but still, it was nice.

A few months later, I needed to have a cycterectomy with the same surgeon. She already had it noted in my chart that I would need a post-op tiara (which was on my head when I came to!) and while I was in the recovery room, I asked if it would be alright it I were appointed to be the ruler of the Prussian Empire. Prior to that surgery, when I was with the anesthesiologist, he told me he was going to give me a cocktail to relax me and I told him 'good, because I don't take my pants off for anything less'. Then I was out!
Lmbo!!!!! I just hurt myself laughing soooo hard!!
Unread 04-17-2014, 05:29 PM

After my surgery, the nurse came in and asked me how my pain was on a scale of 1 to 10. I said it was about a 3. She asked if I wanted a painkiller. I said, "yes". After about 20 minutes after giving me the drug, she came in and asked how I was doing. I said, "this is the best high I've ever had, all I need now is a cigarette". I now understand why people like narcotics.
Unread 05-02-2014, 09:32 PM

I am a bacon freak! Everything is better with bacon!! My nurse told me that she couldn't wake me from the anesthesia. They tried tickling my eyelashes, ear lobes, shaking me etc, nothing. She just popped off with"wakey wakey" and the anesthesiologist walked by and said 'eggs and bakey" my nurse said i woke straight up!! LOL
Even in a coma state, I get excited about bacon!!
Love that she told me! It made me laugh when i wasn't feeling too good.
Unread 05-25-2014, 11:25 PM

These are funny. I can't wait to read more.
Unread 07-07-2014, 02:03 AM
I have legs. 😉

As I was waiting in pre op for my Dr I sit comfortably with my legs folded and tucked under me. When a nurse came in and asked nervously If I had my legs! My other nurse came in and burst out laughing. I pulled the sheet and said they are under me. Everyone including the anesthesiologist was then told 'guess what i have legs' .
I also said to my Dr when he asked if I had questions before surgery," one thing" he said "sure what?" I said " if u see a long string inside my body try pulling it then maybe it will lift my boobs up where they should be" 😆

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register