Friday April 5 2002 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Friday April 5 2002 Friday April 5 2002

Unread 04-05-2002, 01:21 PM
Friday April 5 2002

Where is everone its 2:20 pm mountain time and no one here yet.
I need you all. I am having a struggle this week, I start my day with the right intentions. And then I don't know what happens, Today I started drinking water, had fruit for breakfast, and then when lunch time came , I made perogies for dd and I. They were so good but then I couldn't stop there, dd wanted some Easter choc opened and I opened here M&M's egg, then helped her eat the whole thing, aggggghhhhhh.

I just can't seem to get into my weight loss these days, you all are such inpriations and ecouraging, but for what ever reason my mind is saying you can do it, get this weight off, and then my minds evil twin takes over and I eat whatever is in sight.

I hope all is well with each of you today, I will check in later.

Denise

230/ 212/ 175 18 lbs gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 02:09 PM
Friday April 5 2002

Gosh.....where is everyone? It's 5PM here and I expected to read all the posts while dinner cooks.

Denise, I'm sorry you're in a bad place. I sure do know the feeling. Last October I found out about a family function in May and thought it would be easy.....I had 6 months to lose 20-30 lbs. Well, I went to that "place" a number of times and now am down only about 10 lbs. The good thing is that we have this board and can always "start over" with all the help and encouragement we get from our friends. (except maybe for today, because where the heck are they?) The only thing you can do is just try again tomorrow and hope it clicks.

Today was busy for me and I was on the road most of it. I didn't eat anything until I got home about 4PM and then had Progresso Veg Soup to hold me until dinner. I have a SP in the oven now and have thin-sliced lean pork chops. Don't know what veggie yet. I didn't get to exercise, but hope to get on the TM this evening.

I'll be back later to see what's happening here.

Unread 04-05-2002, 02:55 PM
Friday April 5 2002

Hi Everyone!!

Two days in a row with only a few posts.... What is going on??

Well I've done it again!!!! I do so well for a few days and then when I lose it I lose it big!! Last night had an episode with some potato chips Then today I had a slice of pepperoni pizza and a 6" turkey breast sub.(of course w/ mayo, oil and cheese on it) I am wayyyy over on my pts and the worst part of it is that it was soooo NOT worth it!!!

I am NOT going to give up though, tomorrow is a new day!! At least I was OP some of the time so I guess thats better than nothing!!

(((Denise)))~~ Hang In There!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
We are both close to a 20lb loss so we are at least that much closer to our goals!! We may be too old and senile to know that we've gotten there but hey at least we will be there!! Seriously though we really will make it, we just need to keep trying thats all.

EM~~ Just think at least you aren't 10lbs heavier than you were in October, like you might have been if you haven't been making good food choices and exercsing at all?, scary huh!?! You have a great attitude of not giving up and getting right back at it, it inspires me keep trying too. Thanks!!! Hope your dinner turns out good, sounds yummy! Hope you get some time to do the dreadmill and don't get too tired from being on the go earlier today.

I am going to go and stick one of my tapes in and give it a try. I am feeling kind of blah from all the junk I've eaten, so hope I can get a beneficial workout.

Take Care, Dawn

TAH/BSO 6-29-01

203/187/135 ~~ 16 lbs gone forever ~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 03:02 PM
Friday April 5 2002

Hi Denise, Em, and Dawn!

Newfie/Denise-I can certainly feel for you. I have been struggling since I joined a few days ago. That's why I haven't posted. I've felt so down. I've kept up by reading everybody's posts and trying to be inspired by them, but . . . I went to WW on Tuesday and had gained .3 after exercising religiously for several days. I feel like I do well until I come in the door after work during the week and weekends are up and down. I am trying to focus on the positive things that I have done this week. I have incorporated much more fruit and vegetables into my diet. I took a basket to work and put it on my desk and filled it with apples and bananas. I have done the same at home. I am going to keep them filled. (My DS has been eating more apples and bananas because of it also.) I signed up for a yoga class that will start on the 18th. I will taking that with my sister and some of her friends. I know that I can't give up because here and at WW I see people who are being successful and I want that. Newfie, you have lost 18 pounds. That is so great!!! (BTW, what are the numbers at the bottom of the posts, weight and inches? what else? I want to post mine.) I am signed up for that 6.2 mile CF walk on May 19, so I have to be ready for that. I don't expect to lose tons of weight by then, but I certainly want to be more accustomed to walking and not embarrass myself. I have a Dr. Phil daily calendar, which reminds me that I am accountable for my life, that I have to figure "it" out and use it to my advantage. Sometimes, the daily messages inspire me, sometimes I feel discouraged by them. I know I can't give up though, because I've done that every time before. Hystersisters got me through my hysterectomy difficulties, I figure BEST sisters will get me through this. You guys are great. Denise, keep at it. I know it will come for us.
Unread 04-05-2002, 03:40 PM
Friday April 5 2002

:cry: :cry: I knew I did the right thing by coming in here today. Thank you all Em,Dawn and sbraden. I so much appreciate your encouraging words.
Em I hope your dinner was good, we are having buffalo this evening, it is so much healthier than beef and we love it. My kids won't even eat beef anymore.

Dawn, thankyou, you always know what to say to me. And it seems these days you have been picking me up more than not. I don't know what i would do without you sometimes, thanks for being my friend

sbraden, sounds like you are doing the right thing with the fruits at work and home. The numbers on the bottom of the page are start weight 230/ current weight 212 (at last weigh in)/ and goal weight 175. I set my goal a bit high but plan to lower it to about 165 if I ever get there.

Once again to all of you thanks.

230/ 212/ 175 18 lbs gone
Unread 04-05-2002, 03:53 PM
Friday April 5 2002

Shirley~~ It's Great to hear from you!!! The numbers at the bottom of our posts are our weight.

example of mine are 203/187/135
203 = my weight when I joined WW
187 = my current weight
135 = my goal weight

Please know that it is NOT mandatory for any of us to post our actual weight , it's up to you and whatever you are comfortable with!!

There seems at lot of us struggling so I think this poem is fitting:

Don't Quit - (W.W. Version)

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down
And you feel like the biggest failure in town;
When you want to give up just because you gave in
And forget all about being healthy and thin;
So What! You went over your points a bit;
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth, It's an attitude change;
It's learning the skills to get back in your range;
It's telling yourself "You've done great up till now;
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal;
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace
If you summon the will to get back in the race;
But, often the struggler's when losing their grip
Just throw in the towel and continues to slip
And learn too late when the damage is done
That the race wasn't over and they still could of won.

Life-style change can be awkward and slow
But facing each challenge will help you to grow;
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint in the cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit;
If you bite it you write it... But Don't you quit!

Author Unknown -

Take Care, Dawn

TAH/BSO 6-29-01

203/187/135 ~~ 16 lbs gone forever ~~
Unread 04-05-2002, 04:20 PM
Friday April 5 2002

Denise and Dawn,

Thanks for the supportive words. Dawn, thanks for that poem. I had not read that before--it's inspiring. I cut and pasted it into a Word file and printed out to put in my WW binder. I keep inspirational pieces in there along with the reference material and my journal. This one will help me when I refer to it--especially the part about not quitting the race when you could have possibly won. One other thing that I started this week that I feel good about and you guys might like to try is I have some hand weights by my computer. When I am waiting for a website or email to come up, I do ten repetitions each for my upper arms. It's a way to firm your arms while otherwise you wouldn't be doing anything. I do it two or three times a day now. You can feel it and I'm hoping once I start losing weight, it will make my arms look better. Oh, also, here's the low-fat chicken nuggets recipe. We just love it. When my DH and DS ask what's for dinner and I say chicken nuggets, they always think the frozen formed kind and always love it when I whip out the homemade ones. I will also find the message board for recipes and place it there. You can use any sauce with these or none, but we usually use a little honey since we raise bees and love our honey. Thanks again. I promise to post tomorrow. Here goes with the recipe.

Healthy Chicken Nuggets

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup homemade breading (see recipe below)

Cut chicken into bite-size pieces (or strips, if you prefer). (Using kitchen shears for this job makes it much easier.) Dredge in shallow bowl filled with homemade breading or shake pieces in paper or plastic bag full of breading. Place on cookie sheet sprayed with Pam-type spray. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Serve with sauce of your choice, if desired.

Homemade Breading for Healthy Chicken Nuggets (enough for several "batches")

4 cups cornflake crumbs
4 tsp instant chicken bouillon
4 tsp paprika
2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tbsp Italian (sometimes called Italian herb) seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in an airtight container. Can be used as coating for fish and whole chicken as well.

Hope you guys enjoy this recipe! I feel much better after talking to you! Thanks for explaining the numbers. I posted my current weight. I'll check my total inches (for whatever WW directs you to measure) and post that too as a starting point, because I know sometimes you lose inches and not weight. I liked Dawn's idea of doing that once a month. Talk to you all later!
Unread 04-05-2002, 04:26 PM
Friday April 5 2002

Hi everyone,

Just got home from eating out (we do every Friday night). I had a chicken fajita wrap. It was just bogged down with cheese that wasnt quite melted, so I removed it. The rest of it was good - chicken, sundried tomatoes and peppers.
Then we came home and had the last of our Easter pie - so thank heavens that's gone. I hope I can get back on track.

Em and I are walking the same path. I started on Halloween wanting to lose 40 lbs by the middle of May for a get-together. I've lost 10! It seems I lose one week, then stay the same for 3-4 weeks. It's so discouraging. I've kept up my exercises, but if I don't get some reward out of that soon, I don't know how long that will last. This group is all that's keeping me going right now.

Now that the holiday is over, maybe I can get back on track.

Happy weekend all. Lets all be strong!
Unread 04-05-2002, 04:46 PM
Friday April 5 2002

Hi ladies, it's been a little while since I posted. Sounds as if most of us are having difficulties. I have had a horrendous week and feel like a bloated blimp at the moment. My mother is still in the hospital and things have been really stressed and emotional. I can't believe how drained I feel.

I actually returned to work after 8 weeks to find alot of things that had not been done during my absence and to make matters worse I have not been able to exercise all week due to pain and discomfort. (bladder giving me real difficulty and I am swelling considerably by the end of the day.)

But what I really want to say is thank you thank you thank you. You all have been a source of comfort and support. With everthing going on right now in my life this website is a quiet place to come and just read even if I don't have the energy to think and post. You are a great bunch of ladies and I know we can do this together because we have each other. The little inspirational thoughts and poems are so helpful.

So here is a pat on the back to all of you, because you all deserve a big thank you and a for just being there and being you, because no matter how we feel about our weight (and how we think we look on the outside) everyone of you has to know how great you are and what an inspiration you are to those around you.

Thanks for being here.

Karan
Unread 04-05-2002, 05:01 PM
Friday April 5 2002

Hi Everyone

I am still at work (5PM pacific time) but got a minute to post!

I have only used 9 points so far today and can not wait to get home and spend a few on a good dinner!

Now both kids are sick and today is ds's 14th birthday. Cancelled the birthday party and we are going to lay low this weekend.

I MUST stop by the store to buy low point treats to make it through a whole weekend at home!! Know it will be a challenge so I stopepd here before I left work to grocery shop.

I feel ready to make some good choices!

Take care....

Traci

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register