scared to death about upcoming surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared to death about upcoming surgery scared to death about upcoming surgery

Unread 04-06-2002, 12:11 AM
scared to death about upcoming surgery

hello ladies ive just been sitting here reading and i hope everyone is feeling atleast normal. i cant sleep (even with pills)
iam very nervous about my hernia and lap(for endo return or adhesions) on monday. iam taking 2 pain pill every 4 hours and the pain is still there just not as sharp. my surgery is set for 10:45am and i cant have any thing after 12 sunday nite i hope they dont run late cause im a b**** when i dont have atleast half a pot of coffee in the mornings. :explode:
i just bought a new truck back in august and iam going to be out of work for 4 to 6 weeks gotta love that (truck payment).... does adhesions or hernia cause real bad?? i feel like iam 7 months pregant. and the only way i can have a bm is with milk of magnisa. i have plenty of iam 1 year post this month and i thought that 1 year was the great date for every thing to be great.. guess i was wrong!!!! sorry to sound so down but iam and scared to death that this will not be the end of the road for me.. im having out paticent surgery if every thing goes well if not i may end up in the castle for a few days.. hubby is nervous now he went to the dr. with me and found out that my surgery cant wait because of the size of the hernia, now he is fussing at me about picking up anything no matter what it weights 2lbs or 200 lbs, i know he is just worried.sorry to ramble please post if you have any answers or words of wisdom. sorry so long. kimberly
:email: [email protected]
ps; how would i go about being a hostess or helping out some way?? i cant offer money(dont have any) but i would like to do what i can..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2002, 03:47 AM

I don't have any answers to your questions on the adhesions or hernia causing gas or anything but I did want to let you know we are here for you. many of us know the feeling of hoping the end of the road is just around the next corner.

It is scarey wondering all the time...seems we always work our minds into all the scarey stuff that can happen...what if...what about...why me...and we forget to try and focus on the positive outcomes. I know I do. It's hard not to when you've been on this road as long as some of us have.

But try to remember...with the endo finally gone and the adhesions finally gone life can go on. no more pain pills every four hours..no stressing if you can make it thru the day..or the next few hours. I have come to the conclusion that we go thru what we go thru for a reason..wether it it is to build our own strength or to help someone build thiers. I know it is so very hard at times to not think of the negative what ifs...
Try to focus on the positive aspects of having surgery one more time...just think. THIS COULD BE IT!!!! The last surgery!! whooo hooo...no more pain..riding in that new truck (I'm jealous ) without having to worry about bumps sending you thru the roof...intimacy with your DH again. ( who also sounds like a keeper Btw) and being able to do all those favorite things you like to do again. Then you can come back to the boards and tell your sucess story to the rest of us and give us hope to.

Please let us know..(or teach DH how to post..lol) how you do on monday. we'll be praying this is the one Kimberly...This will be the surgery that gets you off this road and on to the healing one.

sending tons and tons of sweetie
Dawn
Unread 04-06-2002, 03:10 PM

I'm sorry you are needing more surgery, my prayers will be with you that all goes well Hopefully this will be the end of your problems and you can get on with a much improved, painfree life! Please keep us posted and remember we are here for support anytime....

PS-You can help the site by visiting the sponsers{clicking on the ad banners} doesnt cost you a thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2002, 08:04 PM
thankyou

thank you ladies for your post i will be here to let you know what happend asap and yes my dh is pretty wonderful he has stood by me holding my hand the whole way i would have given up a long time ago if not for his support. i think that is very important to us all because when everyone else thinks that you have gone looney if you dh is strong for you and believes in you it makes it all alot better. and to have friends like all of you to vent to makes a world of difference!!!!! may GOD bless you all... thank you so much........kimberly
Unread 04-07-2002, 07:27 AM

Pokemon, I just wanted to wish you luck on your UpComming Surgery. Also Please go to this Link and Look at this, It will help you with your Fears! God Bless you and Take care Of yourself! www.hopeinhim.net/theoperation.html
Unread 04-07-2002, 07:51 AM

I also wanted to send along my best wishes for a successful surgery. Your fears are normal, but just know that we are here for you. Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you feel up to being at the computer again.

s and ers coming your way.
Unread 04-07-2002, 08:37 PM

Hi,

I will be praying for you tomorrow. It will go well, so try not to worry!!

Barbara
Unread 04-08-2002, 02:40 PM

SENDING YOU LOTS AND LOTS OF S AND s

God bless
Unread 04-08-2002, 03:51 PM
I dunno...

But it sure sounds like it'd cause a heck of a lot of pain!

Good luck on your surgery and I hope you fly thru it with no problems at all!

Unread 04-09-2002, 08:52 AM

Just thought I'd pop in here to see how you are feeling! Sorry I missed your post earlier.....but please know I'm praying for you Kimberly.

I look forward to hearing from you....ONLY when you are up to it. I'm guessing you had your surgery yesterday Make sure you get lots of rest and drink lots of water....Sending you many soothing healing 'S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register