Laparoscopic total hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Laparoscopic total hysterectomy Laparoscopic total hysterectomy

Unread 04-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Laparoscopic total hysterectomy

Hi there! I'm a newbie to the site, I'm 23 and had a laparoscopic total hysterectomy with tubes and ovaries removed, as well, on April 24. I'm 6 days post-op and recovering fairly well.

I have had severe CIN 3 cervical dysplasia for 5 years now and finally had my first dysplasia free colpo, since June 2010. I have two beautiful children and was more then ready to put the worry and fear behind me, of when that colpo would finally come back positive for invasive cancer.

My surgery was at 11:30am on the 24th and I was done by 1:30pm. I was in a lot of pain upon waking from anesthesia, my nurse gave me iv pain meds immediately and had to do so a second time and then the pain was reduced. I wasn't moved to my room tell after 2pm and by about 5pm I was coherent enough to order some jello and a Popsicle. Later in the evening my pain worsened and I was given morphine through my iv, which I had an allergic reaction to. So, I was given iv Benadryl and slept most of the night. I didn't get my catheter removed until 5am and soon thereafter made my first bathroom trip, which was also my first time out of bed.

My doc, who suspected that I also had endo pre-operatively, stopped by to check on me and let me know surgery went well, there was more dysplasia found on my cervix and although there was none to be removed, apparently the lining of all my organs removed were very "angry" looking, suggestive of endometriosis. I was discharged by 3pm.

I've been up and moving better every day, hardest things are getting in and out of bed and going to the restroom. I'm on the minivelle 1mg estrogen patch and at my age, going into menopause is not ideal. I'm starting to become very emotional about what I'm going to be facing in that regard and the fact that I'm already experiencing hot flashes.

I deal with several other medical ailments on a daily basis and although I am extremely thankful to be rid of the impeding doom of cancer, that has been a stressor for five years, I am scared to death about what I am going to have to go through for the rest of my life.

I hope everyone continues to recover well and thank you for sharing your stories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register