Foot surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-23-2014, 03:59 AM
Foot surgery

Ladies,
Well all went well. The surgery was a breeze. The doctor agreed to do it with no sedation just a local....Yeah....no throwing up no sore arm no running around the house no bruises........the nurses were a little freaked out.
Doctor said I could walk on it and I did on Friday. I just walked to the bathroom/loo and couch. Well I was in so much pain I asked hubby to get crutches down Saturday morning. Saturday I used crutches all day long....pain very tolerable. I can only take motrin 800 (which did not help for the pain) it is suppose to help with inflammation so I am suppose to take it for 3 days. The things I could take for pain they took off the market (darvocet and demerol (they are highly addictive at least that is what I have been told). Like codeine, vicodin are not addictive. I do not understand that at all but I have to live with it. I never took to much of the darvocet or demerol, but they worked great for me, took the edge off the pain. When you have reactions to medications you learn what you can take and can not fast. Well it is a 2 1/2 inch incision, 6.35 centimeter long. The recovery is going to be the hard part for sure, even more than I planned on. Doctor said I should be very happy when I am healed. I will have a lot more movement...he was shocked with how much movement I gained. He had me move it in the operating room.
I wish I had a good book.....I love reading but I am a very picky reader.
I also wished I had froze more meals....hubby is really lacking in that part. Good part is he can clean. You never get everything.
Hope everyone is having a good day....and please take a part of today for yourself.....thinking of you wonderful ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2014, 04:31 AM
Re: Foot Surgery

Such good news, Lostfemale. More later - I have to rush out to beat the forecast showers. Will be thinking of you, though. Can you take Tylenol?
Unread 03-23-2014, 05:57 AM

Hi, Lostfemale, so glad to hear everything went well. Hope your pain is manageable. Stay inside - very icy this time of year. There were times during my walk yesterday when I was afraid I might be joining you in your immobility: could barely keep my footing on the sidewalks!

Now that your foot has been tended to, how is your neck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2014, 06:55 AM

Just popping in to say hello
Wharfedale, hope you're feeling better. I doubt you're letting yourself get too stir-crazy.

Lostfemale, how's your foot - are you keeping the swelling down? We had snow overnight; the plows are out this morning. The sky is blue and it's beautiful, but really, enough already!

Hello, JulyLady!

All the best to you, ladies
Magpie
Unread 03-25-2014, 12:44 PM

Hello sisters,
I am icing my foot to keep the swelling down, it also numbs it. Magiepie332 no snow to speak of just dusting. You get the lake affect. Wharfdale hope this finds you healing.
Julylady July is a good month.
I started a anti-inflammatory diet about a month ago.... It seems like it is helping.......I still have neck pain but not as bad. I also started taking krill oil. Not sure which one is working but glad it is. Just hope it stays.
Unread 03-27-2014, 01:18 PM

Hello Sisters. No internet connection for 3 days, felt really 'weird' not being able to visit my favourite sites and google, of course. Mobile gobbles data at a huge speed, so just wanted to pop in and catch up on ant updates.

How are you Wharfedale and Lost female? You are both post-op for different procedures, hope your recoveries are going well x
Unread 03-27-2014, 07:33 PM

I had a bad day yesterday, but I believe that is normal recovery......one step back and then forward again. I went to the doctor today and he changed the dressing. It felt good to get a smaller dressing.... Still icing everyday which helps with the pain.
Magepie332 still cold 8 degrees this morning.
Wharfdale how are you? Moving forward I hope. Busy getting your life back in order.
Julylady is it not funny how we rely on our home machines.
Life back in order...I had to take off on that.....is life in any order......or is it a rollarcoaster ride.......we meet people along the way...hit bumps.......and many turns. ......sometimes we have to pick up and move on.
Time for bed goodnight
Unread 03-31-2014, 06:35 AM

Good morning, everyone
Lostfemale, I think spring has arrived. The robins are singing and at least half of the snow has melted. It's funny - on one side of the street, the ground is bare except for patches of snow in sheltered places, while on the opposite side of the street people's yards are still buried in snow. Depends on where the sun hits. No crocuses or snowdrops yet. How about you?

Hope your foot is improving every day and your pt is wildly successful. I sort of cringed when JulyLady mentioned a probe. I can see myself running in terror down the hall, pants or no pants!

You ladies in UK, I'm thinking about you. Wharfedale, I hope things are okay.
Unread 04-07-2014, 10:22 AM

Sisters. Thank you for your enquiries about my knee, I suspect it's some torn tissue, but will wait for doctors confirmation. Wharfedale made a reference to connective tissue earlier on in thread, is this part of the 'age' thing or something else, after all prolapses can be part of both.
Unread 04-07-2014, 12:22 PM

So are we falling apart? Connective tissue?
No pain to speak of since I figured out about the wrap on my foot. Still icing and keeping it up but I am doing more things. The foot is still really black and blue. I am on my way up. Slowly getting warm here. Looking forward to spring and summer. Take care ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register