What pets do you own?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What pets do you own?? What pets do you own??

Unread 04-07-2002, 08:02 PM
What pets do you own??

I am a pet lover also! We own 1 black lab named Dutchess, who is 10yrs old, 1red merle austrailian sheperd, Sammi Doodle, who is 1yrs old and a 3 yr old abby, abbsynian, cat named Friskers! Pets are wonderful! They are who listen to my whines about my upcoming surgery while everyone else gets a good nights sleep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 04:35 AM
What pets do you own??

I have an 18 year old cat named Skipper. She sleeps most of the time now(but don't all cats?) she's still pretty healthy in spite of her advanced age.

I also sort of have a German Shepherd named Bonkers. Technically he belongs to my sister-in-law, but they have two other dogs and he would rather be an "only" dog so he adopted me. DH is not a dog person, but Bonkers comes to visit, and in the summer he is by my side at work all the time. He's very particular about who he shows affection to so it's an honor that he picked me.
Unread 04-08-2002, 05:54 AM
What pets do you own??

Hi!
We are the proud owners of 3 cats and 1 dog.
The cats are Missy who's about 5 yrs.old.. ( I am a vet asst. and I saved her from "lethal injection" as she was a pregnant stray nobody wanted!), Sportster who's about 2 and our latest addition Max, who just came to our house and our girls adopted the goofy fellow!
Our dog is Jumper who's a 1 1/2 yr old American Bulldog. I can honostly say she is probably one of the best dogs in the world! She is great with the kids and very protective! She has been such a joy in my recovery! Wherever I go, she goes..When I nap, shes right next to me napping too...I go to the bathroom, she waits outside the door til I'm done...And the best part...when I've had a really bad day and I just have to cry, she licks my tears away! (only a true animal lover can read this and not say, as my kids do, GROSS!!!) I do love that dog! (coming from the woman who told her dh "no, I do NOT want another dog!!)

I guess Honey was right when he said "A house isn't a home unless it has a dog in it".

Gina
:smokin:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 06:44 AM
What pets do you own??

Perhaps you've seen my previous posts? I have a 9 year old red pom. His name is Sparkie and he's as active as a puppy. He weighs somewhere between 3-4 lbs. After putting my Sheltie (Sadie) down (tears, tears & more tears) a short while back we found a new companion for Sparkie. His name is Pepper. He's a "party pom." He is white, black & sable. He weighed in last week at the Vet 1.7 lbs. Still going thru the potty training stage with him and Sparkie is still afraid of him. He looks like a gerbil at this stage and Sparkie just lost Sadie so it's been quite an adjustment this last few weeks. Never a dull moment in our house!

Sister Katie
Unread 04-08-2002, 07:27 AM
What pets do you own??

I love hearing about everyones furbabies. I have a soon to be 5 year old golden retriever. I got her from golden rescue a few months after my almost 15 year old springer spaniel passed. Her name is Smokey (her name when I got her) I added Rose to it to make her seem a little more lady like. She is the sweetest dog ever. She is smart and loving and the best company I could ask for.
Unread 04-08-2002, 08:38 AM
What pets do you own??

Hi Sheri,

Not to get off the subject but...I'm now smiling just thinking of Smokey Rose. And believe me I haven't smiled in over a month now. Thanks for sharing.

Sister Katie
Unread 04-08-2002, 08:49 AM
What pets do you own??

The unconditional love I get from my furry friends is just wonderful. We have a 12 yr old Cocker Spaniel, Frankie and we are afraid we'll lose him soon. He has been very sick and not himself since his buddy, Maggie, Cocker Spaniel passed away last year. Frankie is "my dog" and he is very loyal and loving. We have another Cocker Spaniel, Fluf de la Fluf for our daugher. Fluff is almost 3, adorable, lovable and quite a sight. We have a nicely wooded lot with wildlife and he loves to play with the wild ones outside. Of course he is well supervised when outside, especially since his run in with an opossum that was as big as he is! We also, adopted a rabbit about 3 weeks ago. He is litter trained and is not one bit scared of the dogs. He plays chase with them and hangs out with them, only indoors of course. Easter the rabbit is 5 months old, fixed and a lot of fun.

Thanks for sharing, I love animal stories and it takes my mind off my upcoming surgery.
Susan
Unread 04-08-2002, 12:28 PM
What pets do you own??

We have a 9yr old Maltese. He thinks he is still a puppy. We saved him from going to the dog pound probably 7yrs ago. The previous owner didn't have time for him and thought he should just be put to sleep. His name is Snowball and he is more spoiled than our kids ever thought to be...

Lorraine
Unread 04-17-2002, 01:08 PM
pets for pain

Just 2 1/2 weeks after my subtotal hyterectomy my husband and I travelled 200 miles to collect the most beautiful weimaraner *****. Now 6 weeks on she has lifted my spirits and taken my mind to a nicer place when things have got rough. I am having complications after the surgery but when she comes bounded up the hall to my bedroom in the morning, who cares.
Unread 04-17-2002, 02:16 PM
What pets do you own??

Just goes to show you pets are a great medicine...I am sorry you are having complications and hope this passes soon too.
Lorraine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register