What pets do you own?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What pets do you own?? What pets do you own??

Unread 04-18-2002, 05:36 AM
What pets do you own??

Hi MystyKaren,

Sorry to hear about your complications. When I grew up in Wisconsin one of my best friends had a Weimaraner. She was a wonderful dog. Lots of energy and very gentle to play with. I've seen very few since then. How did you decide on a Weimaraner and what's her/his name?

Sister Katie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 08:29 AM
What pets do you own??

I have 5 dogs. Bandit our 14 1/2 old rescue Keeshond. He's the last of our 1st pack of 5. Now we also have a 1 year old blenheim male Cavalier king charles spaniel, Rudger; Mika a 1 year old larger male pomeranian(20lbs) with a terrific chocolate and tan color. And then two female pups(both 7 months) and both snorfleed just before me. Skylar is a tri-colored Cavalier king charles spaniel, and Sabrina is a larger(20lbs) pomeranian the color of smoke over autumn leaves.

We like the bigger poms after years of the smaller ones. We also had to have more cavaliers after losing our first one 5 years ago.

Sabrina the female pom has been the gentlest with me and Bandit thinks he's on gaurd duty till I recover.
Unread 04-18-2002, 09:46 AM
My babies

I have 4 dogs and a cat.

My brood starts with Gage a 7yr old AKC registered German rottweiler I rescue only hours from lethal injection at the humane (oxymoron) society. He is extremely vocal.

The female of the bunch, Teva 5, is 1/2 German rottweiler (her mom was AKC) and 1/2 Doberman (dad was AKC). She is absolutely the best dog. She is my companion 24/7. B4 the TAH she would go hiking with me all the time. She has a need to be right by my side. She is small (80 pounds) looks like a floppy eared Dobe. I bred her with a friend's American AKC Rottweiler (140 pounds) because their temperments were so compatable and they truly loved each other. She still perks her ears up if you ask her if she want to go see Bruno!

We kept 2 of her sons. They will be 3 this summer. Titan is my son's dog. He is lean (100 pounds) like a Doberman, has a more rottweiler head, protective of his family, yet very gentle. I call him furface because he has sooo much extra fur in that area.

Hercules is the most amazing dog. No one could ever tell that he has a stitch of Doberman in his blood. He is absolutely gorgeous. He loves his mommy (that's me). He is a brut though (120 pounds & still growing!). I guess the name fits!

Our cat, Bitsa is a 3 1/2 yr old Russian Blue, angora mix male. He has taken an extreme liking to laying on my swelly belly. Very affectionate. I don't think he realizes he is a cat. He definetly holds his own with all those big dogs too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 12:57 PM
weimaraners for comfort

hi katie,

Thanks for your reply, I always wanted a nice dog, I have had several mutts over the years who I have always loved, so I researched in all breeds and came up with the weimaraner, they are a beautiful looking dog, an intelligent dog, a strong willed dog, big and strong, so off I went and after much research I found a dedicated breeder about 100 miles away from where I live. She has been a great distraction for me when things are rough and also encourages me to exercise. I couldn't recommend it enough, that's if you like dogs, I'm a dog lover you see.

hugs
mystykaren
Unread 04-18-2002, 05:31 PM
What pets do you own??

Hi Again M.K,

I still too this day remember my friends Weimaraner! That was maybe 30 years ago. Neat dogs. You still didn't give me her name!

Sister Katie
Unread 04-18-2002, 06:33 PM
What pets do you own??

I have a 13 year old Lhasa Apso that I adopted 3 years ago when I was taking care of my parents in their home before we had to put them in a nursing home. I got the dog to keep them company while I was at work and also to be a good watch dog, which she has always been.

When we were able to put them in a nursing home, I brought the dog home with me to my apartment and the gentleman who had been staying with me for two years prior didn't like dogs living in the house 'cause they weren't allowed to have a dog growing up.

Well, needless to say, that was the END of him !!! My motto is "Love Me, Love My Dog". He wanted me to get rid of Miss Maggie (her name when I got her) and I simply refused. Heck, I've grown up around dogs all my life 'cause my dad used to hunt all the time.

I occasionally see him in the complex (he's a mechanic and has customers where I live) and he still talks about how much he misses being here. My reply is "Oh, well, you're the one that left 'cause Maggie and I are still here". His mom thinks he's crazy ffor leaving and I agree.

So much for him !!!!!

Paula
Unread 04-19-2002, 01:21 AM
weimaraners for comfort

Hi Katie

Sorry I forgot the name, Mysty. My 4 year old pick the name from Pokemon, she looks sort of Mysty and the name really seems to suit.

Hugs,
MystyKaren(see the connection)
Unread 04-20-2002, 05:00 PM
Talking - What pets do you own?? What pets do you own??

I have a 1 year old cream colored Chow Chow named Lady Jade of Shade and a 3 1/2 year old Sealpoint Siamese Cat named Thalia
Unread 04-20-2002, 05:08 PM
What pets do you own??

Our 2 boys left home within 6 months of each other, our 16 year old cocker spaniel Susie and our 16 year old Cotton the kitty died that same year. I worked part time so I was always home when the boys were, so I consider myself a "mostly" stay at home mom. My husband is a police officer so he works mostly evenings. I became very lonely. I have lots of friends but "home" just wasn't the same. My mother-in-law raises siamese so she let me pick a kitty. Thomas came to live here first, then Maggie. Well... we had four babies. We kept two, Sam and JC ( joe's cat). Then Hannah needed a home or she was going to the rainbow bridge. Then Vinny , these people kept him in a cage and he became very wild. We took him, just to "tame" him of course. Ok, have you lost count??? SIX, we have four boys and two girls. Everyone has been"fixed" and I now feel like I have 6 two year olds running around! They love us as much as we love them. It's great, but nooo more. Thanks for letting me share. Karlene
Unread 04-20-2002, 06:18 PM
What pets do you own??

Hi Only1Neesy

Just wondering...what exactly is a Sealpoint Siamese Cat? I have a friend that has just a "siamese cat". How big do they get? My friend's siamese is about 10 lbs!

Sister Katie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register